• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Keyboard Thread

Kazumi

chagy
This is a thread for posting about which keyboard you use. What you like about it, what you don't like about it, if you would recommend, how long you've had it, ect.

This is my keyboard. I love it.
1PASE

Yes, it looks very old. Yes, it is a very old keyboard. In fact it's from 1986. However, that doesn't mean that this isn't a fantastic keyboard. It's a mechanical keyboard that uses a type of spring called a "buckling spring", which is unique to keyboards from this era. Most keyboards these days use simple rubber-dome mechanisms for input that don't feel very good to type on at all. However, mechanical keyboards do exist using Cherry MX switches. While these are good, in my opinion no keyboard compares to the power of the IBM Model M with it's buckling switches. It feels absolutely fantastic to type on. It's one of those things that you really won't understand until you try it.

So, what keyboards do people on ZD use?

Austin

Austin
His keyboard is loud as hell btw.

I use either a cheap Microsoft keyboard or a cheap wireless Logitech one. I like the Logitech one because the function keys aren't full keys but rather half-sized, which makes them easier to reach for and press for gaming. The spacebar is also oversized which gives it a similar advantage. However, it has numerous bonus buttons, like one to mute your speakers, one to open the calculator, etc. This is all well and good except there's one with a power button icon. Hitting this puts your computer to sleep. I've hit it before by accident. It's like a living nightmare.

I like the Microsoft one because it's slightly more comfortable to type on and I prefer a wired connected. One of these days though, I'll spend the money on a nice mechanical keyboard.

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
I just use my laptop keyboard, or my tablet's touchscreen ( if that counts as a keyboard, I mean, I type with it)

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I use the Razer Arctosa. I've had it for about 6 months now and it's brilliant. Every key is "macro-able" and you can disable the windows button in case you accidentally press it during gameplay although to be perfectly honest, I play most of my games with a gamepad so it was kind of a redundant waste of money. I also have the Razer Death Adder Mouse but that was given to me by a friend so I never paid for that one.

Mouse

razer-deathadder.jpg

Keyboard
29105512317l.jpg

My brother has the same keyboard but his has black lettering on the black keys which he discovered only after he opened it :lol:

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
Well, I don't basically know what you use for laptops, but I know that my old computer's keyboard is a new one. It's brand is Logitech, bought from 3 or 2 years ago. Not exactly new, but meh.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
So since am on my Tablet.....I have to use this touchscreen keyboard!

I'd rather use my Tablet than my computer as its a lot faster and more mobile its just that my typing literally is awful when am on the tablet! So if you see one of my many typos :/ blame this stupid touchscreen! :P

I use the basic keyboard that came with my Acer. While the computer has been fairly crappy in the past I have found the keyboard to be adequate. It feels fairly good to type on so I'm happy with it, my only complaint is that it is fairly loud to type on which is a nuisance for typing when I'm in a call with my friends. I think when I get the money to build a proper gaming PC I'll be able to find a much nicer keyboard though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom