• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Keyari's Art Thread

Keyari

翼のエルフ
Hey guys! It's Keyari! (I'm a little new to the forums... You can find my intro in the Community section somewhere.) I promised some of you guys that I would create a thread to show you some of my drawings, and here it is! I'm going to post some of my Zelda and Pokemon art (hence, General Art), but I may post other things I draw too. So to start... Here's some art!
sc003e4d30.jpg
Skyward Sword Zelda- Kodomo Manga style (I wanted to make her look younger)
sc003e68ed.jpg
Minish Cap Link- Before he finds Ezlo. I drew this like a year ago, but I colored it recently.
sc003ea68a.jpg
Pokemon Drawing- I tried to draw me as a Pokemon Trainer... It looks okay, but not really a lot like me. Sorry about Pikachu (I messed up his anatomy horribly). When I finished all the characters I wanted in it, the middle seemed so... empty. So I wrote Pokemon in weird letters in the middle. It worked!

I'll probably post some more stuff later. So for now... Comments anyone? I really need your comments to help improve my art. :)

Last edited:

Ochibi

An enthusiastic nobody.
First off, Welcome to Zelda Dungeon! I see we have another artist, and might I say, you're style is cute. No really, it's enjoyable to look at!
Enjoy your time here, stay active and I hope to see more of your works!

Keyari

翼のエルフ
Ochibi: First off, Welcome to Zelda Dungeon! I see we have another artist, and might I say, you're style is cute. No really, it's enjoyable to look at!
Enjoy your time here, stay active and I hope to see more of your works!
Thanks! You will see more of my works soon. (Still scanning pictures, humm.)
Azure Sage: Those are pretty good! Excellent work! I salute you as a fellow artist!
I salute you too! Thanks for liking my pictures!
Linknerd09: Love them all! I love the Zelda drawing. It's really cute! Great work, Ki!
Thanks Linky! Yeah, the Zelda drawing is my favorite out of those, I am really happy with the way I got her to turn out. :)

Thanks for the comments guys! I really appreciate it! Expect more work soon! :P

Last edited:

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
Wow, pretty awsome, you're pretty good for your age, (so am I!) I look forward to viewing more of your art-work!

Keyari

翼のエルフ
Luigidude64: Wow, pretty awsome, you're pretty good for your age, (so am I!) I look forward to viewing more of your art-work!
Thanks Luigidude! I've looked at some of your Skyward Sword pictures (And Lego mini's) and I think they're really good. I'm glad you like my pictures! :cool:

Keyari

翼のエルフ
Thanks for all the comments guys! I'm glad you like them. So... Here's some more! (Full view please!)
sc003e866b.jpg
Oracle Of Ages-Nayru: Inspired by the manga. :) I doodled it when I was bored, then I fixed up some line work, and colored it really brightly. I hope you like it.
sc003e95e8.jpg
Umbreon: I just love Umbreon and Espeon! (Best Pokemon besides Pikachu!) I think I made her neck too long. Oh well!

That's it for now! I'll post some more stuff later! Comments are still appreciated! :D

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
You have potential, keep drawing. I like your style, it's nice to see hand drawn creations on ZD. I love it, so cute :3

Keyari

翼のエルフ
Thanks for the comments guys!
Raindrop14: These are really good. Keep up the GREAT work!
Thanks! Here's some more! (Look down)
Meego: You have potential, keep drawing. I like your style, it's nice to see hand drawn creations on ZD. I love it, so cute :3
Heh! Thanks Meegs! I try to keep my own style, and I'll change it up a bit sometimes. I bet you really don't see too many hand drawn stuff on here anymore, do you? :lol:

Here's some more artwork I did not too long ago:
sc0007f9ab.jpg
Espeon! I drew Umbreon, so of course, I can't separate these two! I had to draw Espeon. :P

I still accept comments, and I hope you guys like it! I will post more later! :D

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
Your art is so cute! <3 I really like everything you've done so far, and I love the eagerness from you to get feedback on your art.

I see from the pictures are the beginning of the thread that you are already creating unique poses. This is -great-, and exactly the direction you need to be heading right now!

I know it's really tempting to use the poses from official art, but your already good enough of an artist that copying poses is not going to teach you much anymore. My suggestion is going completely cold turkey on referencing poses. It's going to suck, it will be frustrating, but it's the best way to learn. And once you get a really good grasps on creating your own poses, you won't even want to mimic somebody else anymore. This is of course just a suggestion, but if you stick with it I promise you will grow even more as a skilled artists.

The only other suggestion I can give you right now is to slow down and take a little bit more time on your coloring. I know it's really exciting to see what the colors going to look like ontop of your lineart, but it really should be a zen-like process. There should be dark areas and light areas in the same color- also known as shading and highlights. Put on some music you enjoy and just take as much time as you need to build up layers of color. Don't worry about getting too technical right now. There will be plenty of time to worry about light sources and such later, the important part is just getting comfortable with adding more detail with your coloring.

Please keep drawing as much as you can, and sharing it with us here at ZD. I can't wait to see more from you. :)

Keyari

翼のエルフ
Your art is so cute! <3 I really like everything you've done so far, and I love the eagerness from you to get feedback on your art.

I see from the pictures are the beginning of the thread that you are already creating unique poses. This is -great-, and exactly the direction you need to be heading right now!

I know it's really tempting to use the poses from official art, but your already good enough of an artist that copying poses is not going to teach you much anymore. My suggestion is going completely cold turkey on referencing poses. It's going to suck, it will be frustrating, but it's the best way to learn. And once you get a really good grasps on creating your own poses, you won't even want to mimic somebody else anymore. This is of course just a suggestion, but if you stick with it I promise you will grow even more as a skilled artists.

The only other suggestion I can give you right now is to slow down and take a little bit more time on your coloring. I know it's really exciting to see what the colors going to look like ontop of your lineart, but it really should be a zen-like process. There should be dark areas and light areas in the same color- also known as shading and highlights. Put on some music you enjoy and just take as much time as you need to build up layers of color. Don't worry about getting too technical right now. There will be plenty of time to worry about light sources and such later, the important part is just getting comfortable with adding more detail with your coloring.

Please keep drawing as much as you can, and sharing it with us here at ZD. I can't wait to see more from you. :)

Thanks Hachi! When I first started drawing again, all I used to do was copy poses. Now, I've finally gotten rid of that technique, and I've been trying to use my own poses that I think matches each character. I only use official artwork from the people who made each character as a reference for the little details. (There are so many styles of Link and Zelda that sometimes it can be a little hard to bring them into my style without completely changing them... :S)

*Mentally Smacks Forehead* I knew someone would get to me on this! I haven't been putting much shading/lighting in my art because right now I working on my technique with it. (I'm such a perfectionist that I didn't want to accidentally mess up...) I tried to put shading/lighting into my drawing of Espeon, but my scanner may not have picked up all of the shades correctly. :P As for coloring slower, I will definitely take that advice. (I'm so busy during the day, that when I do draw, I feel like I have to do things a little quickly.)

Thanks Hachi for your advice! I will definitely be working on my shading techniques! I really appreciate it! :D

Djinn

and Tonic
These are good Keyari, I like that you decided to maintain your own style in your drawings. There are so few hand drawn pics shows these days.

There is a lot you can learn from the official art but I agree it is always good to experiment with your own poses and positions. Another thing I was told a few years ago was to try not to fall in love with a sketch you just made. Because if you do you would not want to attempt coloring it or experimenting by adding shades or other colors in fear of messing up or ruining the unfinished sketch. It causes a lot of artists to not finish their work too often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom