• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Keep the Quests A-coming?

H

happy skullkid

I've often wondered why nintendo hasn't ever released any extra content for the new zelda's keeping us ( the gamers) happy and contented until the new title arrives.

As we know many other games series offer this and is a great way to keep the fans happy, before with the other consoles it was understandable this wasn't option but now with the wii's being internet compatiable, this shouldn't be a problem.

Even if this would slow up the developing team, i do also an other idea of maybe third party companies could make some retro style zelda games to be downloaded using wii points. There are many fan based zeldas out on the net and are surprisingly good.

I would like to know your thoughts on this

p.s i also apologize if this subject has been covered before

Djinn

and Tonic
It does sound like a good idea. I personally like updates and expansions as long as they are not required. But an extra dungeon or two would be a fun addition.

The way I see it, it would have to be for a new game. Either SS or another Zelda title after that. Since every Zelda title is very closed with no real room for any late additions. They begin with a young and inexperienced Link and end with all evils being defeated and everything is back to normal. And additional dungeons would be hard to include because of things like requiring a special item that Link must find before entering or exploring too far. If something were included in Twilight Princess and required the double claw shot to play, then the player must have already beaten the City in the Sky before even considering downloading and trying the expansion.

Plus there is the issue of what would the reward be? Link's inventory is filled up by the end of a game. And extra space must be provided for anything new to be obtained. And for the same reason no piece of heart could be included either. Rupees could be a reward but also by the end of a game lack of rupees are not too important any longer. Although it can be possible to update the inventory space or number of hearts Link has, that might be a little more difficult with any previous game.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
That would be interesting, however, none of the Zeldas so far have been designed to take updates. The most Twilight Princess will do to your console is demand an update for the Wii itself in order for it to run properly. The only possible way Nintendo could make Twilight Princess have extra dungeons and such is to go completely against their ways and create a save file that replicates the Twilight Hack. (If you don't know about it, Google it.)

However, I agree, it would be kinda cool to have DLC for some of the newer Zeldas. Who knows, maybe Nintendo will include DLC for Skyward Sword when it comes out so you could download things such as additional dungeons, quests, perhaps a difficulty modifier? One mode that would be interesting would be some DLC of a cavern that is a bit like Shark Island, except endless and works on a system based on the Source Engine's A.I. Director. (Examples are Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, and Alien Swarm)

I agree with what Djinn said, though; there wouldn't be much reward without having to modify the whole engine unless Nintendo decides to pre-date each DLC. That would be a great idea in the long-run, but for the present, it'd screw up those poeple who try to much to get the fabled 100% on their first run on release night. So, while I don't think we'll see any quests a-comin' for now, perhaps in later titles, Nintendo will incorporate DLC into their own games.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I don't think adding on to the original game is the best way. It would become too unwieldy quite quickly, and make it impossible to finish the game.

What I would rather see, is to have them release something along the lines of Master Quest for a Zelda game, so that you could play through it with different dungeons. I think that's the only way you can really excuse new dungeons in the same Zelda game, it has to be like a Second Quest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom