• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Kazumi's Mildly Good Graphics

Kazumi

chagy
So, I have at this point made a few signatures, avatars and even a wallpaper. So I thought I may as well post them. They are OK or so I'm told. I just started working with Photoshop about a month ago, so I hope to get better. They are in order from oldest to newest.
firstsig.png

konataavatar.png

hikarimemory.png

sigmajorasmask.png

test.png

globalagendasig.png

guildwarsavatar.png

I think I could have done better on the last two graphics, but I still like how they turned out. More so the second last one. I quite like my Skull Kid and Akira signatures. What does everyone else think?

Oh, and by the way I am taking requests if for some reason some one wants me to make them something.

Kybyrian

You've got some nice pieces there. The only thing that I can suggest is to lower the size of your signatures a bit. They seem a little on the large size. The bigger the signature is the harder it is to make good use of space. I can definitely see that with your current signature.

This one, however, is great.

Kybyrian

I like the backgrounds in these two. What brush(es) did you use for the latter one? I also like the way the text is more subtle and blends in with the background some.

It looks to me like he used some grunge/rust brushes and the Night Sky Brush set that you can find on deviantART. I know this because I'm the one who gave them to him. :P

These are the night sky brushes. He used them for the small dark stars. Lemme see if I can find the rust/grunge.

EDIT: Here are the Rust-Grunge brushes.

I also gave him these, but I'm not sure if he used them there.

These look like very nice signatures. As Wyatt stated, you might want to reduce the size for his reason, and also because many forums have size limits on signatures. I'm not sure how long you have been making these, but they look great. My favorite is the one with Dawn and Piplup; it looks stunning.

The other one I like is the First, the Wind Waker, signature. I really like that look for signature, and I have not yet figured out how to, or find a tutorial for, in Gimp. The only criticism is that is it too large, and if you still want the whole render to be visible, you may want to resize it.

But seriously, for only using Photoshop for a month? You my good friend, seem like a prodigy.

Kybyrian

These look like very nice signatures. As Wyatt stated, you might want to reduce the size for his reason, and also because many forums have size limits on signatures. I'm not sure how long you have been making these, but they look great. My favorite is the one with Dawn and Piplup; it looks stunning.

The other one I like is the First, the Wind Waker, signature. I really like that look for signature, and I have not yet figured out how to, or find a tutorial for, in Gimp. The only criticism is that is it too large, and if you still want the whole render to be visible, you may want to resize it.

But seriously, for only using Photoshop for a month? You my good friend, seem like a prodigy.

The tutorial for that first signature is for photoshop, but I'm sure you can modify a few things to morph it to GIMP. You can try it out.

http://www.sigtutorials.com/tutorials/tech/tech-signature-tutorial.html

Hero Of Spirits

Champion of Cyrodiil
Hey mate, just a question. On your Wind Waker siggie, did you download those Brushes? They look really good, & I could use them for something I'm working on atm.

Kazumi

chagy
Hey mate, just a question. On your Wind Waker siggie, did you download those Brushes? They look really good, & I could use them for something I'm working on atm.

Are you talking about the tech brushes? Then yes. Actually, I downloaded all of the brushes that I used in that signature. There are links in the tutorial that Wyatt posted.
http://www.sigtutorials.com/tutorials/tech/tech-signature-tutorial.html
It's the tech brush ones, if that is what you are talking about.

Jedizora

:right:
These are really good. I espically like the 1st one, but it could use more shading in links tunic becuase it pops out to much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom