• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Kaepora Gaebora True Identity in OoT...???

ComposerBrother

Composer of Hyrule
I believe he's Rauru because of the similarity of their appearance, the lack of Rauru in the past and lack of Kaepor Gaebora in the future, and the fact that both appear to have the same knowledgeable and talkative personality.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
If Kaebora Gaebora is a reincarnated Rauru, that would mean that in the past Rauru would have to be dead for Kaebora Gaebora to be alive (assuming KG is Rauru), which is obviously not the case, because Rauru continues to be alive in the future XD. Therefore, we don't know who KG is the reincarnation of. If there are sages in SS, it may answer the question of who Kaebora Gaebora is.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
Is Zelda stated to be the Sage of Time in-game? I thought that position was made up in the HoT movie.
Rauru is the Sage of Light, as indicated by the medallion itself:
Ocarina of Time said:
You received the Light
Medallion!
Rauru the Sage adds his power
to yours!

And also Rauru's own words:
Rauru said:
I am Rauru, one of the ancient
Sages...
Ages ago, we ancient Sages
built the Temple of Time to
protect the entrance to the
Sacred Realm...
This is the Chamber of Sages,
inside the Temple of Light...

B

boomerang

If Kaebora Gaebora is a reincarnated Rauru, that would mean that in the past Rauru would have to be dead for Kaebora Gaebora to be alive (assuming KG is Rauru), which is obviously not the case, because Rauru continues to be alive in the future XD. Therefore, we don't know who KG is the reincarnation of. If there are sages in SS, it may answer the question of who Kaebora Gaebora is.

I was thinking that Rauru was from waay back (long dead) and in the future when the owl is gone, that's just Rauru in the "sacred realm" and time has no meaning in the sacred realm. it's just a place where.. dead sages like Rauru can come back and talk to young warrior's who woke up after seven years. & Rauru (in the form of KG) leaves in the future because Link doesn't need him anymore, and Rauru talking to him through the sacred realm is enough. maybe?
I thought the "sacred realm" was a kind of after-life limbo land, am I wrong?

skybird11

state alchemist
OoT Owl = Rauru?

i was on another thread and people were saying rauru and the owl, whatever his name is, are the same person. i find this hard to believe but is this true?

skybird11

state alchemist
ok, thats what i thought. the people on the other thread also talked about how the SS old guy could be the owl. but we all know that he's either the owl or Rauru and theres no evidence to support either side, or that he's either of them.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
ok, thats what i thought. the people on the other thread also talked about how the SS old guy could be the owl. but we all know that he's either the owl or Rauru and theres no evidence to support either side, or that he's either of them.

Yes, exactly. I'm more inclined to say that the original KG (while that would probably not be his name) was an owl, as well, as the type of reincarnation Zelda seems to use is figure. While he had lots of knowledge, Keapora Gaebora didn't actually seem to have knowledge of his previous life, but that's just speculation. We don't really know much about him. I'm not going to say, "This guy is Rauru and not the original form of Keapora Gaebora," but I'm going to stick by me thinking he's probably Rauru because of all the logic there is behind it.

OcarinalinkLOZ

Your Link to the Past
Hyrule in the winter, Canada in the summer
Well...haven't been on the forums in a while....anyway, Keapora Gaebora is the reincarnation of an ancient sage, so this sage would have to have pass away before he could take the form of the owl. So, it is probably safe to say he is definatly not Rauru. In terms of the "sage" in the SS trailer, this could perhaps be the Raura from Ocarina of Time or mearly an ancestor of some sort. Now, this could point out the fact that maybe 6 other sages existed in Skyloft before the formation of Hyrule...meaning any one of those six could be Keapora Gaebora. That point is definatly open for debate as we have no idea what the people of Skyloft's customs are...but if this sage theory is correct...maybe these "Skylians" follow the basis of the known "Hylian" culture. Interesting that those two culture names reflect each other so well...maybe a hint? Oh, it is also interesting to look at the owl from Majora's Mask. In this game, almost everyone except for Link, the Skull Kid and The Happy Mask Salesman have alternate personalities. Okay, so Keapora Gaebora knows who you are in Termina, he does the same "help Link on his quest" type stuff and acts the same. So did he go through the dimension gate to Termina as well? Or is this another owl altogether? Maybe Rauru or the ancient sage is influencing things? Unfortunatly this topic creates many new paths to follow and leaves many loose ends to tie up. But thats what we theorists love, right? Hope this helps in some way....if you find out any info or come up with any new ideas I would love to take a look! Cheers and good luck!

amaterasu

Writer
Well. Unless Raru has the ability to turn into an owl and leave the Sacred Realm, it could be possible.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
i was on another thread and people were saying rauru and the owl, whatever his name is, are the same person. i find this hard to believe but is this true?
First off, it's hard to define what is simply "true" and what is not.

If you read it in another thread, please post your response in that thread -- assuming it was a theory thread, of course. Either that, or use the search function to search for older topics before posting a new thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom