• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

It's not really Ganondorf

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I'm sorry if you got the impression of me disrespecting your religion but this was not my intention at all. This phrase was merely meant to describe how (negatively) unthinkable the thought of a good Ganon/Ganondorf is.

That's not interesting, that's a pure destruction of his entire character. The devs could as well erase his existence from the future games if they choose this direction with Ganondorf.

I mean, what character? That he's evil? He certainly wants the Triforce because he's evil. What character is there to assassinate?

What character is there to assassinate?

The King of Evil. Ganondorf is the perfect incarnation of Demise' hatred because he is evil ever since he was born. Making him good destroys everything remarkable about his entire existence. He is the prime example of the main series antagonist because he is pure evil.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
frankly I don't see how making ganondorf not an evil guy would be the end of the world, it doesn't matter to me if they do or not, but some kind of character transformation where demise's curse is broken or something would be a novel idea

frankly I don't see how making ganondorf not an evil guy would be the end of the world, it doesn't matter to me if they do or not, but some kind of character transformation where demise's curse is broken or something would be a novel idea
But if Demise's curse were broken then future Zelda games wouldn't be able to have ganon be the main villain unless future zelda games took place before BOTW2. Ganon is as integral to the Zelda series as Bowser is to Mario.

Not that I don't want other Zelda games without Ganon though, I personally like Vaati and Majora and it would be cool to see a couple games with a different villain, but Zelda should never throw out Ganon.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
But if Demise's curse were broken then future Zelda games wouldn't be able to have ganon be the main villain unless future zelda games took place before BOTW2. Ganon is as integral to the Zelda series as Bowser is to Mario.

Not that I don't want other Zelda games without Ganon though, I personally like Vaati and Majora and it would be cool to see a couple games with a different villain, but Zelda should never throw out Ganon.
zelda games jump around the timeline all the time, having botw2 feature the end of the curse wouldn't change that if the next game were a sequel to FSA or whatever and then bam, ganny's the big bad again

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
Except he is human too.
Yes, he is a Gerudo, and his land brought death, but I mean in WW if he did go up to the surface he would conquer and destroy the world. Yes, he has hatred inside of him, but he still would want to do things like he did in OoT right? He’s sympathize-able, but still evil. Even without his homeland bringing death, he’d do the same thing, from how it seemed

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
The King of Evil. Ganondorf is the perfect incarnation of Demise' hatred because he is evil ever since he was born. Making him good destroys everything remarkable about his entire existence. He is the prime example of the main series antagonist because he is pure evil.

That sounds like the opposite of any sort of compelling character. Evil because evil has never made for an interesting villain. If he isn't going to develop at all then what's the point of keeping him around?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom