• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Zelda Skyward Sword Being Un-Original

Is Zelda Skyward Being Un-Original

• They are Lacking Ideas and using others ideas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They are just using it as an Example

• They idea is unique and original

• Total voters

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
So hey guys I wanted to know what do you think of Zelda SS copiyng Wii Sports idea of a sword handling system. I believe they are just refering to it as an example.

Why or why not do you think it ?

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Not really... there are only so many ways to implement 1:1 sword combat using the Wii Remote. Wii Sports just implemented it first.

Besides, it's going to include a lot of extra things like charging your swing, and allowing you to use other items. If it uses the same technique, it will still have to expand upon it significantly.

Also, consider that both games were made by Nintendo. It's quite possible that Wii Sports Resort was used as a testbed for the Sword Combat they were planning to implement in SS. Perhaps they wanted to see what people thought of it there, before implementing it in Zelda. And I think that technically, you can't rip off yourself.

Kirino

Tatakae
There just using it as an example because that's one of the only games to do that.The idea is completly unique and original.Zelda has plenty of ideas left.Nintendo doesn't steal ideas.That's more of a Microsoft thing.

well in an interveiw of Shigeru Miyamoto he said that he didnt know how he was going to do the skyward sword motion-controls and they were thinking of not doing them at all, then when wii sports resort came out he used the sword duelling as a base for what the motion controls would be. The main problem they had with the motion contols before WSR was that it didnt "feel" right it was too 2-d ill say...then when the wii motion plus came out the problem was solved.

P.S. dont quote me on this, I can't remember all the details of the interveiw im probably wrong about most of the details...

They can't steal their own idea. That doesn't make sense. Wii Sports Resort's swordplay was a demo of what is yet to come with 1:1 swordplay on Nintendo titles. And hopefully in Skyward Sword, it will be implemented better.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
They can't steal their own idea. That doesn't make sense. Wii Sports Resort's swordplay was a demo of what is yet to come with 1:1 swordplay on Nintendo titles. And hopefully in Skyward Sword, it will be implemented better.

You know you are kinda right but wrong at the same time cause it wasnt Miyamotos idea of that control scheme

Kybyrian

I believe that they used the controls of Wii Sports Resort. They weren't able to figure out the motion controls. They just weren't right. I'm pretty sure that they just took from the Wii Sports Resort sword combat and whatever else they had. Both games were made by Nintendo, so they aren't really copying.

As I remember, I heard the Beetle being like the Frisbee, the archery being like the archery in Wii Sports Resort, and the bombs being like the bowling, etc.

That brings up another question... why are we bowling with the bombs?

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
They've been wanting to use sword motion before WSR, but they didn't know how until WSR came out.

A

Azeldaboy

I believe they didnt have any ideas for the control so just copied them

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Well copying Wii Sports Resort can be a good thing, as Wii Sports Resort is all about using the controller in different ways, so if that is blended in SS, then it would be great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom