• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Is Wind Waker the End of Ganon?

I believe that Ganondorf may have died, but his immortal form Ganon or his spirit escaped and is being reborn somewhere. How do you think Ganondorf came back in TP, which I believe is one hundred years after OoT...I think. So if Ganondorf came back after he was killed by the master sword, it is obvious that some part of him got away and was reborn.

But if you feel I am incorrect, then tell me what is wrong.

I think there is an interview in which Aonuma confirmed that Ganondorf died in TWW. I'll look for it...

He isn't dead. He's just turned to stone by the Master Sword. It's like a key. Something tells me that in some future Zelda game that takes place after TWW/PH, Link is gonna have to pull out the Master Sword to beat some evil guy, but at the same time he'll be reviving Ganon/dorf. Just like earlier in TWW Ganon/dorf says that when Link pulled the Master Sword out of it's pedistal, all his dark magic came back. The Master Sword is always a key...

I don't distincly remember the king wishing for them to fulfill their destinies. The only two things I remember him wishing on specifically was for the ancient land of Hyrule to be washed away, and for Link and Tetra to be given a future. So I don't believe Ganon is completely gone. In fact, the end of WW sets up a good reason for him to be resurected as his pig form Ganon, if you were to place the FS saga in the Adult Timeline, which is actually a point I once tried to argue and still may hold true.

The only two things I am certain of, is that the old Hyrule is gone in that timeline, and obviously Link and Tetra had a future which probably made a big impact on the world, seeing as how the Triforce's wishes come true specifically. They probably went on to find a new Hyrule, which we will most likely see in a later game. My original theory was that the Hyrule present in FS, FSA, and MC were all this new Hyrule which was discovered, but many disagree with this theory.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
Yea, that's what I'm getting at.

The thing is: who other than Link can pull the Master Sword from Ganon's head, and how can he even get to him in the first place?

Johnny Boy

Doctor JB!
Knowing the Legend of Zelda series, he will probably come back to life somehow.
In LttP, Agahim the wizard revived Ganon.
Soon enough, some other evil person will swim down to the stone that is Ganon and pull out the sword dislodged into hit head.
Kind of like the whole sword in the stone deal.
Once the Master Sword is removed, he will be able to reign again.
Nintendo will most likely have him revived again in a future Zelda game.

Knowing the Legend of Zelda series, he will probably come back to life somehow.
In LttP, Agahim the wizard revived Ganon.
Soon enough, some other evil person will swim down to the stone that is Ganon and pull out the sword dislodged into hit head.
Kind of like the whole sword in the stone deal.
Once the Master Sword is removed, he will be able to reign again.
Nintendo will most likely have him revived again in a future Zelda game.

But that leaves us with the problem of having an evil person holding on to the master sword

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
Look, this isn't rocket science.

Yes, Ganon died at the end of WW.

No, he won't stay dead. Like Dracula from Castlevania, you just can't keep a good villain dead. Villains come back like the proverbial cat.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
Look, this isn't rocket science.

Yes, Ganon died at the end of WW.

No, he won't stay dead. Like Dracula from Castlevania, you just can't keep a good villain dead. Villains come back like the proverbial cat.
I've accepted that he will probably come back, but I just feel that if he does and it's clearly after WW on the timeline, then Nintendo is going to have a lot of e'splaining to do.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I've accepted that he will probably come back, but I just feel that if he does and it's clearly after WW on the timeline, then Nintendo is going to have a lot of e'splaining to do.

it wouldnt be hard to explain. first of all, the only real reason people see this as a problem is beacuse its underwater. its not that hard to come up with a story as to how it came to the surface. maybe some evil being comes around and the only way to stop him is with the master sword. this forces Link to pull the sword out, reviving ganondorf, but he doesnt have to worry about ganondorf for the moment because hes too weak to do anything. while Link is off fighting this other entity ganondorf regains power and now another battle with him must commence. it really wouldnt be that hard.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

I've always taken the fact that Ganon is stuck at the bottom of the ocean with the Master Sword in his head as evidence that the Master Sword can be in no later parts of that timeline. I haven't thought about that keeping Ganon there, although it makes sense that it would be rather difficult for him to get out of that.

We do see Ganon revived in a lot of games, which I think most of us are considering to be in the child timeline. He and his human/gerudo body die in Twilight Princess, so he can only later be revived in his beast form.

The same thing could potentially happen in the adult timeline. He died in his gerudo body, but he can still return in beast form should he ever be revived in that timeline. That would cause a dilema since the Master Sword is still stuck at the bottom of the ocean, where Hyrule was. The main thing used to defeat him in the older games aside from the master sword was the silver arrow. It would be cool to see that item return and such a situation might be perfect for that.

So, we might see Ganon being revived in Spirit Tracks. I'm not saying it's going to be a second sequal to The Wind Waker - it could be a new Link and Zelda in the same timeline - and I know that a lot of Zelda fans now would like to see Nintendo take a break from Ganon.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Isn't there a game where you receive the Master Sword from some water creature who says he got it from the bottom of the ocean?

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
actually ganon/ganondorf has died many times and has also come back many times so no i think it's unlikely that ganon/ganondorf is gone for good in fact i somewhat suspect that in the 100 between phantom hourglass and spirit tracks that he may have aquired enough energy to free himself from his watery grave

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom