• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Is the Water Temple in Oot Annoying?

hylianbeast

Sage of Destiny
I've heard alot of people say that the water temple in oot is a pain in the butt.I played it, and it's actually not that annoying. Even though I was watching a walkthrough of it. However, switching from the iron boots 2 the kokiri boots is annoying. What do u think?=\

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
Eh, other than switching boots constantly, it's not that bad.
Then again, I have the entire layout of that temple seared into my mind since I've played OoT a billion and one times.

The main thing is to get that key at the bottom of the tower after you changed the water level in there. =]

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
It was quite frustrating the first time around - constantly changing from iron boots and normal boots. And it was sometimes confusing on where to go next and finding all those annoying keys anyway. After the first time around, it became to be more simple since I memorized all the secret keys and I always checked the room for anything weird, and began to experiment with different water levels and on where I should go next because I couldn't before.

McBlizzy

Happy Mask Salesgirl
The Water temple was a new, unique concept of an under water Link that set some inspirations for the Majora's Mask and of course was followed onto the Twilight Princess. I believe that the general system of the Water temple (switching with the iron boots, not being able to use your sword under water) was a little time consuming but I believe these limitations were necessary since this was the first time the concept had been used on such a system.

The water temple itself was great! I'm very biased towards water but while others had immense difficulty beating this temple I just plowed through it. The use of several rooms and a very hard to find hidden key had gamers searching forever! It's truly the temple of temples in the Ocarina of Time!

McBlizzy

Happy Mask Salesgirl
Water Temple~

The Water temple was a new, unique concept of an under water Link that set some inspirations for the Majora's Mask and of course was followed onto the Twilight Princess. I believe that the general system of the Water temple (switching with the iron boots, not being able to use your sword under water) was a little time consuming but I believe these limitations were necessary since this was the first time the concept had been used on such a system.

The water temple itself was great! I'm very biased towards water but while others had immense difficulty beating this temple I just plowed through it. The use of several rooms and a very hard to find hidden key had gamers searching forever! It's truly the temple of temples in the Ocarina of Time! :)

I did not like Water Temple from OoT. I hate having to go all the way back to the top just to move the water. The last normal key was so well hidden, that I had to recheck all of them 3 times to find it. (But that is not nessisarely bad.) But I do beleive that it was a stepping stone for the Lakebed Temple and Lake Hylia in TP wich is argueably the best dungeon in the game.

Sstorm

Some Legends Never Die...
I enjoy the Water Temple a lot now when I play it, but the first few times I played through OOT I dreaded it. There is no debating that it is an incredible idea for a temple which they have been able to build on and perfect as the Zelda series has matured. Over all I think it is one of my favorite dungeons in a Zelda game now, but it does prove my hypothesis that in almost every video game, the water levels can be the most annoying!

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Ah..the Water Temple. To me, the Water Temple ain't annoying. It is one of the BEST temples in OoT. The shadow temple just is just as great, but man those things inside it scare the heck out of me. In this temple there are many routes to take, and some have keys on many weird and obvious places. I find it surprisingly fun, especially with the Dark Link as the Miniboss. And solving the steps needed to get through the boss door really suits the temple even more. See, the mark of the Zora symbolizes knowledge. And Nayru is the goddess of wisdom, so it's like saying Zora's are the keepers of knowlegde, magical knowledge, but that's beside the point. My point is, if you beat the water temple on your own with no help, then that must mean you are extremely lucky, or that your VERY good with puzzles.

The Water Temple was challenging, but thats what Zelda Temples should be. If its easy, its not fun. The challenge is what makes it fun. The boss was pretty easy, but Dark Link was hard for me because I didn't have the Biggoron Sword. And actually, Dark Link is the only time I ever died in the game, and he killed me 3 times!

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
The hard thing about the water temple was its abundance of small keys. Other than that, it was pretty easy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah that and the fact that if you miss just one, then you find yourself having to redo the water stages to backtrack & get it.

I'd call the temple more tedious than annoying.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
the first time or two that i went through it it was annoying. But now ive played through it a couple of times and have a set way of going through it.

One interesting point about the Water Temple that i found funny is in Masterquest the Water Temple is ten times easier. its almost like the developers thought well they got mad at us making it so hard so lets now make it really easy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom