• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is the Triforce Manipulative?

...Why does Link feel that he must help? Whenenver Hyrule is threatened, Inevitably, Link gets up, grabs a sword and sheild, and runs off to stick it to Ganondorf.

The Question, is why?

Why does Link, of all people, feel bound to serve, effectively, as Hyrule's sole protector?

My theory is that the Triforce is tied to Hyrule. And the spirit of the triforce knows when Hyrule comes under attack. So, Link has the Triforce of Courage, and the Spirit of the Triforce manipulates Link.

Link, Zelda, Ganondorf...I think that the Spirit of the Triforce manipulates them all. It manipulates Ganondorf's lust for power, and by giving him the ToP, feeds that, giving him what he needs to take over Hyrule. Meanwhile, Zelda, Given the ToW, sees what is coming, and (Oot) goes into hiding, siding with the forces off Good. And, in the middle of this, Link is being manipulated by the Spirit of the Triforce, using the Triforce of Courage, giving him the courage to fight for light, cutting through the darkness, until it comes down to him against Ganondorf.

I think that the Spirit of The Triforce manipulates people who possess peices of the Triforce, either for it's own amusement or some other reason. Maybe it's to keep balance between good and evil, or some other thing like that?

The way I see it, it is a manipulator. Take the end of Lttp, for instance. the Spirit/Essence of the Triforce tells Link to touch it, and make a wish. So, it must be concious. And yet, I think that, has Ganon won, it would just as easily have granted his wish- I think, basically, it exists to grasnt wishes. So, It manipulates event, so that one may touch it, and have a wish. It doesn't need to care about the rest of the world, it only exists to grant a wish.

Or perhaps it wants mayhem. After all, Link was only able to wish on the Triforce after he totally defeated Ganon.

Your thoughts?

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I've always thought so too. But this theory can only affect the games where Link actually had the Triforce when calamity struck. Twilight Princess's Link began the game with the Triforce of Courage already emblazoned on his left hand, so it might work for him. However, you have to note that in games like Ocarina of Time and The Wind Waker, Link did not start his quest with the Triforce. It's true that he does acquire it at some point in the game, but it's impossible that the Triforce's spirit could have manipulated Link to go out on that quest when it wasn't inside him yet.

It's interesting to note though. I was planning to write a fanfic about that sometime. XD

You have a point. I think that he starts the quest on his own, but he isn't obligated to finish it, or try to kill Ganon, which is why I think the triforce manipulates things. Although, there a;ways seems to be like 100 year gaps between Zeldas, so I wonder why it waits that long. Perhpas it odesn't have enough power to do the whole evil vs good thing too often?

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
The reason why Link wants to be a hero:
He is an orphan. His parents were killed by the bad guys in a war. He want justice in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom