• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Is the Shadow Temple Really That Scary?

Did the Shadow Temple creep you out?

• It traumatized me! I dread it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I still find it creepy to this day.

• Only when I first played it, but not anymore.

• Not at all. What's so scary?

• Total voters

Epona

Ordon Village
The first time I played, yes. Now? Not really. It's still creepy, but I don't have nightmares about it or anything.

i never thought it was scary at all (although i did beat it for the first time less than a year ago) aside from it being non-scary, i just thought it was a pretty good temple. to this day i don't get what made people think it was so scary, and i probably never will. i only thought of it as a temple with a darkness theme.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
It wasnt overly scary for me. I actually quite liked the freaky on your toes style that the Shadow Temple employed.
I've heard stories of mental scaring...etc, but I don't belive that a video game like Zelda could give you permenant mental damage.
The shadow temple was creepy, but not terrifyingly scary. The first time I played through it, I jumped when the redead popped out of nowhere. But other than that, nope.

Kybyrian

Oh it could definitely be creepy. It was one of the more dark dungeons in the series, and it could especially scare the younger players. The Redeads were bad enough for some people, and the Shadow Temple could be even worse. Not all of the Shadow Temple was really creepy, but most of it was. Just think of when it says something about Hyrule's bloody past of war and greed(I can't remember the exact quote) dwells within the Shadow Temple. It was something like that. That quote alone is enough to creep somebody out.

Then you see the traps, spikes falling from the ceiling, blade traps, guillotines, and all the rest of it. There were spiked walls that closed in on you and even some wood posts probably for chaining or tying somebody to and blood on the floor around it. It could definitely be a creepy temple, especially if you are a younger player.

D

DarkWizzrobe123

When i was little, about 7 when i first played it, the shadow temple scared the heck out of me. I was so scared of the redeads, gibidos, and especially the scary temple theme music. Also, the creepy pictures throughout the temple scared me.

Gyorg Hater

I speak fluent gibberish
it did to me my first time, defiantly when I forgot to get the lens of truth. You talk about scary!!!

R

Rikuide

I wouldn't say I found it scary but there certainly a few creepy moments. Walking into rooms with blood on the floor and a torture device nearby seemed so much more gruesome than any other section of the game.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
The Shadow Temple was at times quite freaky when I first played through it, most notably the talking walls, followed my redeads/gibdos and dead hand frightened me the most. It doesn't scare me very much anymore, but despite how creepy those were, nothing in the Shadow Temple compared to the terrors that lay dormant in the Bottom of the Well.

The Bottom of the Well always freaked me out more than the Shadow Temple, and I usually take the quickest route through it so I can get it over with. It was very creepy trying to 100% the game, as I had to actually go through that mini-dungeon in its entirety.

Anyway, I think part of the reason the Shadow Temple wasn't quite as scary for me as the Bottom of the Well was because you are a child in one dungeon and an adult in the other. The Bottom of the Well just seems more intimidating because you are playing as a 'helpless' child rather than a 'strong' adult. However, when I play through both now they don't scare me very much, and I generally enjoy playing through both.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Shadow Temple had blood all over the floors. It is no wonder most were scared by it. o_O

I now wish for OoT3DS to have real blood, but only in the Shadow Temple. ^_^

Nope it didn't scare me at all. I really don't get scared when I play video games, plus I was 15 when I first played though OOT, so by the time I played though the game, I was old enough to not get scared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom