• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Is Majora‘s Mask a Bad Game?

R

Rodmaster 2000

After the great success Zelda had after Ocarina of Time they made a sequel called The Majora's Mask which involved a sequel to Ocarina of Time as we see young Link walking away of the Master Sword while Navi flies away of you (thank god). Young link goes to Termina for an adventure to find a beloved, valuable friend, but as he enters he meets skull kid which turns him into a deku scrub, but then you find yourself trapped in Termina with a terrible fate, the moon is gonna crash in 3 days in Termina which means everyones imminent destruction and discover that this is caused by a demoniac mask (It's rated E) and you need to awaken 4 giants who can stop the moon and then you battle the mask, but many people says it's the worst Zelda other the best, but I sincerely don't consider it the worst but not the best either.

geek4887

The Unknown
Well, people are truly subjected to their own opinions, you know. But, on my standpoint. I'll be with you. It's not my best or my worst Zelda game. But, it's definitely up there on my list. It's probably my third favorite game, but that's just me. I've written a mini-review on Majora's Mask, although I probably misplaced it. :facepalm: Hope this post was helpful.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
Majora's Mask is my favorite game in the series so far. I love how the NPCs have very in depth characteristics and detailed back-stories.

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Are you serious? MM was developed and released in less than a year. However few the Dungeons were, it still carried on for a good span and bore plenty of activities outside the main quest. Plus it's know for possibly the best character development in the series. There are too many positives for it to be called an overall bad game, all of which I state besides the fact that it introduced me to this illustrious Legend.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
it's quite low down in the series for me but i still wouldn't call it a bad game, it's just not as good as a lot of the other games

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
MM was the best! Here are my reasons.
1. The Dark an kind of creepy feel to the game made me want to keep playing.
2. The time cycle even though it was confusing was a great new idea.
3. All side quests were great because they all had in depth story's and schedules. My favorite was the Anju and Kafei quest.
4. Being able to transform into different races with different skills was amazing.
5. Dungeons were fun and challenging.

Zen

Guardian of Courage
MM can't be considered a bad game in my opinion. The best game? I hesitate on that one. It was nice, but wasn't the best. I liked how a lot of different NPCs who did their regular thing everyday had some meaning to it. I mean, some particular guy who checks the mailbox every first day does it for a reason, not just to make the game look realistic as a town. I also enjoyed the small hints to the previous game Oot.

I also liked the dark/creepy feeling mentioned in the previous post. It was one of those feelings where you had to sum up your own courage in order to walk into a dungeon or new area with eerie music playing in the background.
The songs of MM (that includes the orcarina songs) were great. I enjoyed the ones from Oot more, the Sonata of Awakening is pretty catchy for me.

MW7

Majora's Mask isn't really a traditional Zelda game since it breaks from many conventions of the series (less dungeons are more, sidequests over dungeons, no ganon for instance). However, nontraditional shouldn't be confused with bad. Majora's Mask is a masterpiece and is my personal favorite Zelda. Having said that I would say that I feel like it can't really be considered the "best" zelda (reserved for LOZ, ALTTP, OOT, or WW IMO) but it is also far from being the worst.

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
I don't think there are any "bad" Zelda games. They all have their strengths and weaknesses, but in some their strengths outnumber their weaknesses, making them "better" games. (Really, it's all a matter of opinion.) In my opinion, Majora's Mask is one of the best Zelda games. It's my number one for basically all of the reasons stated above. It might be different according to some other people, again, as stated above. It's all really up to you and what you personally think about the game.

:)

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
Majora's Mask is anything but a bad game, and anybody that thinks it is bad, let alone the worst game in the series, doesn't see the game for what it is and probably only judges it by the number of dungeons in it and the fact that it isn't quite as "epic" as the other games. Yes, the main quest in MM is a bit short and the final boss isn't all that epic like Ganon has always been as a final boss, but MM excels in many other ways and does many things better than any other game in the series, and many games in general. To truly appreciate this game and see it for the masterpiece it really is, you have to play the game and experience the story and its characters to its fullest, and that's what most of the people that don't like the game haven't done.

I think the game royally sucks.

I seriously hope you're trolling.

He better be, he calls him/her self a Zelda fan in the name for some reason, and not as common, or epic name. MAJORAS MASK IS BUTTIFUL! ( just kidding, I spelled that wrong on perpose :lol: ) beautiful. I love that dark, indeph game. My favorite quest is the Romani and Cremia quest, my favorite enemy encountered was Igos du Ikana.:)

Link 2 the past

Slashy Slashy
Only real issue I can think of other than the saving is that maybe the game is a little too easy when compared to OoT. Typically I will die maybe once, twice at most in a single play through, compared to maybe half a dozen or so times in OoT.

Those that say it breaks from the formula, it doesn't, it has dungeons and side quests just like all the other games, it just focuses more on side quest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom