• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Ash Immortal?

A

Antigenius

So I just finished watching Pokemon: The First Movie and I realized: when Ash gets turned to stone, doesn't he die? Then he comes back to life. So, this must mean that he has risen from the dead and can now never die again. It could also help explain all the other phenomena that happen through his adventures.

Ochibi

An enthusiastic nobody.
People think that Ash is on this journey to become a Pokemon master, but that's just covering his true intentions.

His true motivations is to travel around the world befriending young, female Pokemon Trainers only to leave them and to steal their youth.

There begins the never-ending tale of the eternal Pokemon Master.

Ash is immortal. He is a reincarnation of Buddha who is a reincarnation of Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain). Not only can Ash take an arrow to the knee or survive a FUS ROH DA but he can literally supply himself with the energy he needs to function even while sealed in stone through the berries provided him by his Pokemon! That's pretty legit if you ask me! Ash is an undying influence!

Ash isn't even human! He's a ditto that took the form or ash the day he died in that bike accident with pikachu in Ep 1. Now, the ditto has assumed the role of ash to this day! Traveling the world, storing the data he receives from each individual.. and one day, he will rise up and transform attack us all to hell

A

Antigenius

This would also explain why Ash is always a 10 year old boy. His voice changes but never his appearance.

Yes, he's immortal. Most characters in Pokemon are, actually. This is especially true for the series' main characters. As in most video games and shows, the main characters don't [can't] die. Sure, Ash is technically killed in the first Pokemon movie by Mewtwo, or so it is suggested, but then what happens? He is revived moments later. Also, Ash's Butterfree dies, but that's a story for another time. One should take note that Pokemon's target demographic is children. Death + children's show = Not good.

Ash is forever young, because that's how most anime/cartoons work, or at least they use to. The main character remains the same age throughout entirety of the show's run with relation to the target demographic. I guess it is assumed from the creators' perspective that kids are less likely to enjoy Pokemon if their favorite main character grows up to be a hairy 22(age?) year old man. Such a move may be too large of a risk to take for the series.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Two words: Pokemon tears.

TROLOLO MOVIE-WRITING FTW!
Troll-Dad-Meme-Template-Blank-2.png

Clash

Super Melee Brawler
Butterfree doesn't die, Ash loses it on that ship. Then he finds it again and it runs off with a female. But I think there have been deaths in Pokemon, like Latios sacrificing himself.

Butterfree doesn't die, Ash loses it on that ship. Then he finds it again and it runs off with a female. But I think there have been deaths in Pokemon, like Latios sacrificing himself.

I just read your post. There was no ship in that episode. Nor did Ash lose Butterfree... I think you confused your episodes. lol

That is where I correct you. I said "that's a story for another time" in my post about Butterfree, because I wanted to avoid straying off-topic. But I'll elaborate a bit... You see, in the 4Kids dub of that episode of the anime (i.e. the American version), Ash's Butterfree is shown to have successfully "wooed" the pink, female Butterfree, at which point it leaves Ash to mate with said her. But here's the thing, it is HIGHLY suggested in the Japanese version that after Butterfree mates, it dies. Watch the original Japanese version, and you'd be surprised. Seriously, there's things that'll make question the show's target demographic. That same can be said SO MANY anime. lol In spite of this, Pokemon is a kid's show, be it the Japanese version or not, and the true fate of Ash's Butterfree is left vague.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not that he's immortal, it's that Pokemon tears are the eternal fountain of youth we've been looking for!

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
He is immortal in the same way that Link is immortal! They will both only die when no one is playing either Pokémon or Zelda...

It seems that he never gets old.It is very weird if you ask(or Ash)me.LOL

anyways,it is just TV

I agree. Also, I didn't know you were Ash! Pleased to meet you! How goes it?

Apple-Ash-pokemon-29202525-341-256.jpg

Ash has a special type of gene that will keep him immortal. You saw that apple above? that's Ash. He usually transplants himself into seedlings and is transmitted from person to person. This ensures his continued vitality.

Ignoring the trolls here... Yes, Ash is immortal, as are many other characters in kid's shows, particularly main characters. Main characters can't [don't] die in most forms of media, especially media that is catered to younger audiences (i.e. kids). One could argue that he died in the first Pokemon movie, but he is resurrected moments later, which, in my opinion doesn't count as a true death seeing as how he still trying to catch 'em all to this very day.

There's nothing weird or rare about this sort of thing. As I've mentioned before, it is incredibly common; nor is it strange to see a character in a children's series that doesn't age. It is considered to be a key factor in appealing to the show's target demographic: KIDS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skunk

Floof
You all are missing the point! Ash is really just Don Paolo, and he is going around the world not to be a Pokemon Master, but really to cross into our dimension and smuggle guns hidden in bananas over the border. Doesn't it all make sense now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom