• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Irritated with All of the Bad Stuff Said About It!

Do You Agree With What I Said In This Post

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
People have a right to their opinions. If somebody has a good reason to dislike a game, they can feel free to express their views on it. This is a Zelda site for the discussion about Zelda games, not necessarily a site where everybody has to like every single Zelda game. There will always be people who don't completely enjoy everything. There are people who give a lot of good reasons for why they dislike Twilight Princess, and though I generally disagree with some of their points, they have every right to voice them. You may think it's stupid for people to dislike a Zelda game and be a Zelda fan, but there are always fans who are disappointed with one or more of the games in a series. That doesn't mean they aren't a fan or can't participate in discussion concerning the games.
Right such as many people make Threads bagging on MM yet you haven't seen me make a Thread like yours and I personally think MM is one of the best created it's on my top 3.

Ikana

Trollkastel
Like others have said I have to agree with Ganondorf and 425. Everyone has a right to express why they don't like the game, now if someone is not being mature about it I can see why it would get irritating. But like I said everyone has a right to say that they don't like this game as much as others and why they think it doesn't have a strong point when compared to another zelda game. If you don't like that then stay away from threads like that. This is a Zelda site after all

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
Look, I know it might hurt that a game you really like is getting all of this hate, but why are you complaining? It can get a little irritating to see all of this hate, but people are entitled to their own opinions, and in this case, other's opinions of your favorite game shouldn't matter. If it's your favorite, then it's your favorite. If it's not, well then, just post legit reasons why you don't like it, not because someone else hates it. If it's hurting you to see all of this hate, then suck it up, don't complain, and remember that people have different opinions on different things.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
As fans, we have every right to say if we like one game over another. In doing so, one is going to be held in higher regard than the other, and a fall in favoritism is inevitable.

What exactly was the point of this thread, anyway?

I agree with this. If Zelda fans can't hold a game accountable then who can?

I'm fairly certain the everyone recognizes that Twilight Princess is a great game, but that doesn't mean it can't come under fire, especially when it's related so closely to the others.

It's like saying that we can't compare Star Wars Episodes 1-3 with 4-6. It's impossible and there's no reason it should be done.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I too feel a great appreciation for TP, but I also feel that the statement made here is untrue. To say people can't complain about a game is far away from what we want. Interesting conversations have often stemmed from people who disagree. If all we did was talk about our favorite games and bite our tongue when we didn't like one, it would be difficult to see exactly where Nintendo needs to approve. When many agree on what is disliked, it becomes more clear.
Now I feel that if you're going to argue a game, you should make valid points, just like in any conversation. Also, as said before, TP is not the only game complained about. In reality, AoL is talked down more than pretty much any Zelda game (particularly by me). It's a part of discussing. Talking about the pros AND cons.

And one last thing. Zelda games are made like other Zelda games, so if anything, they are supposed to be compared to other Zelda games.

This thread is in Modern Zelda and thus should be for discussing modern Zelda games themselves. In this case, Twilight Princess. However, this discussion has essentially degraded into talking about discussions ABOUT the game, not the game itself, so it actually has no place in this section now.

~Thread Closed~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom