• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Instrument

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
Do you think any musical instruments will appear and if they do do u think they will be magical or nonmagical

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
It would be surprising to not see the ocarina make an appearance. Whether it will be used in its original capacity as part of the warp system is as yet to be seen. In the end, I wouldn't count on any sophisticated implementation of music in this game.

It would be surprising to not see the ocarina make an appearance. Whether it will be used in its original capacity as part of the warp system is as yet to be seen. In the end, I wouldn't count on any sophisticated implementation of music in this game.

I'm thinking of this game as an 'edited remake' more than a sequel of any kind so the Ocarina will probably come back and so exactly what it did last time.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I really do expect the flute/ocarina ot return in this game and serve the exact same function as before. To implement anything else would be an injustice in my honest opinion

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
There will probably be no new instruments other than the flute used to fly around the overworld. But i'd like to see instead of the one function of warping, that the flute have multiple songs you can play that serve different functions- maybe you can control the weather or put overworld enemies to sleep or use it to put guards asleep to sneak past them or something. Or maybe it could be used to change the theme you are listening to. Weird suggestions, but i'd like to see some creativity

jack546

The chosen one
I think there should be an instrument. However I don't want it to have anything to do with the plot. Somewhat like the ocarina in Link's Awakening.

ILU

i luv u
Games that implement some form of musical interaction are often well-received because of how the human brain computes the sounds and associates it with gameplay. This is a huge part of why Ocarina of Time was so successful and memorable. Simply having an instrument that doesn't do anything for the gameplay (non-magical) would be a waste. If an instrument is going to be included, making it magical and necessary to gameplay would ensure a better experience than just throwing an instrument in there for kicks. Plus, it's Hyrule, and Zelda needs some more magic.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
well, gee, i dont know how to answer this one, i think if anything we should get the Green Flute (that looked like Ocarina from OoT only blue). its part of the ALttP Lore, and our lil ducky guy should already be loose (as in not in the statue in Kakariko Viliage), so we should already have that to get around, maybe upon entering the Sacred Realm/Dark World it becomes the OoT, yeah not the game the actual Ocarina of Time. So with link having the Moon Pearl maybe the Flute will function as the mirror. and i would like for them to add more use to the Flute other than callin our Ducky!

Like I said in another recent thread, I honestly hope Zelda takes a break from musical instruments for a while. Nintendo has been trying to replicate the Ocarina of Time's popularity for years now, and largely failing to create anything but poor imitators.

After the Wind Waker baton, which managed to be pretty memorable in its own right despite being functionally identical to the Ocarina, Zelda's instrumental ensembles have been increasingly boring. I honestly think Nintendo has run out of good ideas for using instruments in the series, and should stop trying to shoehorn them into every game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom