• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern I'm Such A Dork

Am I the only one here who has a GCN+GBP connected to my Wii (via GBA <-> GCN cable) for playing Wind Waker with the Tingle Tuner and two TVs? All the while, using a PS1/2 controller converter to play the GBP with (for better D-Pad)?
With all my gaming equipment (consoles, televisions, computer, controllers, etc...), I have this big lump of cords and cables between my two 40" TVs (one of which doubles as my PC monitor, the other is a 3D LED). If I really wanted to, I could use my PC for recording WW, and my laptop to record the Tingle Tuner. I'M SUCH A DORK! lol

Now, to get two (smaller) TVs, three more GCNs+GBPs, GBA<->GCN cables, and capture devices (I think my PC could handle recording three things while my laptop does two), I could play Four Swords (Adventures) all on TV screens and record it all. Unfortunately, being such a dork in Indiana, I don't have enough acquaintances for the four player action. That would be some crazy sh--tuff right there. o_O

Revision:
For Four Swords, I wouldn't need the GBA<->GCN cables, just link cables (which I already have a single 4-way link cable for that).

Last edited:
Yeah, I have a lot of mostly unnecessary gadgets. I've had this little touch screen that I can connect as a secondary monitor or even another TV (about 7", I think), but I could never get the touch part calibrated right. I decided to give it another go today, and that's what I'm using to type this very message. It's pretty cool. Plus, now I can use it for my DS emulator, if I ever decide to record PH or ST (the latter will have to wait until I get a legitimate copy; that's just the way I role). Ah, technology...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I WISH I could be like you – way back when TWW released, I thought it was two player (the back of the case told me it was!) but then they said I need a GBA > GCN wire to play. Talk about major disappoint. Perhaps you could do some recording of TWW-Tingle Tuner gameplay, to show us what it's really like?

I would like to, but my friend has my other capture device right now.
chuggaaconroy has a decent showing of it on YouTube (could be better, but it'll do). I'd post a link to it, but most forums are against that. Just search wind waker with tingle tuner.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
you can use a PS1/2 controller to use a GBA?

i have the cable to connect GBA to GC for WW but that's about it

No, but you can use a third part dohicky that will allow you to connect your PS1/2 controller to your GameCube, which you can then use for the GameBoy Player. I forget what it's called exactly (who makes it), but they call it a 3-in-1 Converter (it also let's you hook the PS1/2 controller to your PC via USB or XBox (not 360)).

Someone actually has done the 5xGCN, 4xGBP, 5xTV setup. They didn't use capture devices, just a handheld camera, but still worth checking out: http://youtu.be/3NNZ65Z0IyE
I also saw someone else who played the game with three friends, all on one computer with a GCN emulator and four GBA emulators, but other than the massive powerhouse of a computer he must of had, it wasn't quite as interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom