• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

IGN: Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo to Skip E3 2023

IGN has published an article stating that the Big 3 won't be part of E3 2023 or on the show floor.

Between the last few years of no shows due to COVID and now this news, this pretty much seems to seal the death of E3. It will be a relic of the past very soon.

What are your thoughts on this news?

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
The article makes it seem like its nothing more than a rumor, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was true.

This would suck for pretty much everyone other then the big three themselves, as the main reason why I liked E3 was that it was pretty much a guaranteed time that these companies would show something. Its a lot easier to wait for something if you know exactly when that something is gonna happen. Now we’re just gonna go through 10 months of begging Nintendo to actually tell us something for once.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It’s not all that surprising if they all don’t turn up. People are used to online events/announcements now anyway and I guess they’d just rather have as much control over their own announcements as possible.

Well, Nintendo is officially skipping E3 to the surprise of no one. With the Internet, there really is no need for such a convention. I definitely have nostalgia for E3 press conferences, but I'm sure the Big 3 prefer curating their own presentations. I'm still expecting some Nintendo news this June, but I'm not sure if it'll a partner showcase like last year or shadow drops like in 2020.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Honestly, there just isn't much of a point to E3 anymore from a consumer point of view. Back before the heyday of the internet it was a good way to get a lot of eyes and buzz about the latest games, but now the internet lets them do the same thing from the comfort of a live stream. I'm surprised it's lasted this long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom