• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If you wrote a book...........

DreamDevourer

Born to Fail
I would write a book compiling all my thoughts and internal struggles into one tolme, and a few poems to boot (hah! Socrates cannot write poems, yet Demonthenes can).

If you haven't already read any of the poems, they're on Joshua's page a few pages into our conversations. And of course, none of you will read them, so all the more reason to publish them in a book.

I also have written a few short stories that I would include, and my debate between love, hate, and reason.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I've recently been thinking about this. I am planning on writing down the story of my life, though it isn't much. I want a record of it. I don't have anything like that from my parents or grandparents, and I would love to have something to pass down to my kids.

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
I actually started writing a book when I was 10 about the world constantly turning gravity on and off. These kids then flew to another planet because of zero gravity. At one point there was 100% gravity and everyone was squashed! :lol: My book was called "Zero Gravity".

Unfortunately, I didn't finish it because I lost the book (made of paper stapled together! :P) and never saw it again...

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
If i wrote a book, it would be about a Dark themed-Adventure and Excitement, Comedic and Insane but Romantic and Sentimental.

In short, A book about me in my wacky crazy, teen-problematic, Class enduring pain, love-hate relationship yet pretty girlfriend and boyfriend book.

It may seem strange but with the things i have been through from High School to College, it would make a LOT of sense.

Ikana

Trollkastel
If I wrote a book it would be about Adventure,Thrilling,and Mystery type book.

Those three things are my favorite in a book.

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
I actually started writing a book when I was 10 about the world constantly turning gravity on and off. These kids then flew to another planet because of zero gravity. At one point there was 100% gravity and everyone was squashed! :lol: My book was called "Zero Gravity".

Unfortunately, I didn't finish it because I lost the book (made of paper stapled together! :P) and never saw it again...

I recently found the book... Worst grammar, worst writing... Wow I have changed alot since then! :lol:

Linky

King of Twilight
If I wrote a book it would be about an average kid who is unaware that his parents aren't his actually parents and his whole life is just in an illusion meanwhile he finds out he is a Protector, a person that is subjected to protecting the Universe from a tragic end. And his name would be Shawn.

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
I actually had to type out a short story for English. It was written poorly.. (I fail at typing stories -.-). It was about the main character going on a journey to get medicine for her ill grandfather, and on her way she meets many friends and foes. The story would've been cool if I added a lot of the stuff I wanted to add but forgot about them.. T_T

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
If I wrote a book, it would likely be something like a fairly comprehensive manual, or an in-depth strategy guide. I'm not really an artist/creator, but I'm good at explaining how to do something, or how it works.

I like to use a quote from C-3P0 to describe how I am:

"I'm not much more than an interpreter, and not very good at telling stories. Well, not at making them interesting, anyway."

Of course, the difference is that in my case, I'm an interpreter of what I observe or experience, rather than other languages. Although I do study other languages and experiment with translating things from one language to another, so eventually that may be literal.

I've written things like essays, critiques, and analysis before and been praised by my English teacher for them. The lowest grade I ever got in that class was when I was asked to write a short story. Luckily, it only happened once. I feel fortunate that the school system isn't geared towards demanding creative skill rather than comprehension.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I've often thought of writing stories, but when I start most of them, they are never finished! They just lie there, half finished and eventually, the ideas die away so I can't go back to finish them. :embarassed:

Dark Princess said:
I actually had to type out a short story for English.

I also had to do something like this. We had to write a story in no more or less than 50 words! D: After writing them, we sent them off to a publisher, and yesterday, I got a certificate back in the mail. My 50 word story is now being published! (Even though it wasnt that good. I actually wrote it in less than four minutes...)

Anywho, back to the topic at hand. If I am writing stories, they'll most likely be Sci-Fi, Fantasy or Horror Stories, i'm not very good at writing Murder mysteries and definitely not romances! :xd:

My most recent story was about an ancient civilisation whp was at war with a demon that was released from its prison. They defeat it, and seal it in a Stone Heart which is then sealed away deep underground. Years later, two young boys are playing and are digging holes to "find treasure". One of the boys comes upon a stone wall and begins to whack it with his shovel. Eventually, it crumbles and he falls inside.

He walks over to the middle of the room and finds a box *which he opens*, he takes out the stone heart and accidentaly drops it, releasing the ancient demon which promptly feeds on the boy's soul, thus turning him to stone! The demon then runs rampant, eating people's souls to regain its energy so that it may once again rule over the land! (I better not spoil the rest. It is Zelda Related so...I may post it in the Fan Works section one day [If I actually finish it...])

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Two of my favorite genres are fantasy as mentioned above, but I also like horror a lot! I was toying with the idea of mixing them, but even though the world which I imagine is fully developed I'm not sure if it's where I want to start my first book, simply because I know that it is all ready a gruesome and disgusting tale that is almost disturbing at some part. It would include all the classic monsters because a dark force of fantasy book nature was making it all come about.

But right now I'm searching for somewhere else to start. Anyone down for a collaboration??

Veely

Unwanted ZD Member
I wanted to write one about my friends and our struggles, One is poor, other divorce, and my character would die at the end... Weird of course I didn't want to die but I didn't write it lol I stopped. I deleted the thing though... for the better I guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom