• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If You Had the Choice to Be Immortal, Would You Take It?

Would you choose to be immortal?

• No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YES

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
D

Darkwind

No, I wouldn't. You don't know what the future could hold, for example what if an alien race enslaved humans? You would serve them forever! Also like other peole said it would be horrible to watch your friends and family die and your body break down over time. Edvantually you'll be in so much emotional, phyiscal, and mental pain you would want to be able to die.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
I would definitely choose NOT to be immortal. It would be a lonely life. You would eventually not want to form relationships with people because you know you will have to see them pass on while you still live. It would be a sad life.

Yes. Because the idea of the universe existing without my knowledge of it is horrifying, and even more so the idea that I will cease to exist. I wouldn't worry about the dying of "loved ones". That happens regardless. This is assuming eternal good health comes with immortality.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Pretty cool. It would be fun to do the dangerous things I want to do. (Party on A volcano with Gorons, anyone? :P)
I am pretty much a loner in real life, and it would be awesome to live as a Kokiri and build an awesome den in a distant planet. Using immortal buckets, I could grab buckets of fresh water and magma, grow grass and form Hyrule. Call me crazy, but that would be so epic.

gannondorf

Dark Lord Gannondorf
Yes. Because the idea of the universe existing without my knowledge of it is horrifying, and even more so the idea that I will cease to exist. I wouldn't worry about the dying of "loved ones". That happens regardless. This is assuming eternal good health comes with immortality.

Agreeded.

And Poeple Who Would say watching your Loved ones die would be hard, they would die reguardless of wether or not you took immortality. I do not think your loved ones would want you to die with them. I would they it would be there wish to have you alive,not dead, after they die.

For Me, I would be with future generations of familiy and when "My Beloved Queen" is forced leave,I shall keep her in a sp. place in memory and just keep moving forward untill I find someone else who will spend there time with me.

Sorry but the Idea of not exsisting and going back into the state that you were before you were born(That was When you did not exsist AT ALL) seems like a sorry and sad way to end up forever.

You say you would Take Death Forever, But being buryed in the ground forever and to not exist just seems kind of dull to me and plus to submit to death would mean dropping my sword,my guard, and giving up the fight against the enemy, something I REFUSE TO DO!"

So, who here Wants To Start the Cult of The Immortals With Me?

Ballad of Gales

The wind is mine!
Sooo, i suppose you mean immortal by effects of age(such as disfunction or something), but you are still tied down to mortality by being attacked(such as being hit by a car o being shot in the head).

I would definitley choose to be immortal, the only risk is being trapped forever in a coffin or something, the good thing would be that i would eventually run out of oxygen.. so i see no bad side about it, though to live forever, you must have emotional strength to see your loved ones die...

Good thing im not very preocupied about my loved ones dying, like its already been stated, they'll die regardless...

gannondorf

Dark Lord Gannondorf
Sooo, i suppose you mean immortal by effects of age(such as disfunction or something), but you are still tied down to mortality by being attacked(such as being hit by a car o being shot in the head).

I would definitley choose to be immortal, the only risk is being trapped forever in a coffin or something, the good thing would be that i would eventually run out of oxygen.. so i see no bad side about it, though to live forever, you must have emotional strength to see your loved ones die...

Good thing im not very preocupied about my loved ones dying, like its already been stated, they'll die regardless...

Does This Mean that given some of that statements from other poeple here, that some poeple seem to be emotionally weaker then others or in other words, not emotionally strong enough to handle Death and immortality? (Just a slight observation from my point of veiw based on the information or data, given here in this thread)

Due Remember then that your loved ones will one day die wether or not you live or die. You can be emotionally strong,all you need to come to terms with that fact that A)they will die one day wether or not you die and :cool: I would hope to think that those loved ones of your would want you to live, even after they die.

"stand aside So i can Give Our Guests A proper Greating...Avada Kedavra!!!"

Keyari

翼のエルフ
No. I couldn't bear the weight of all the lives I'd seen go away while I still remained. I could never be able to get attached to anyone. It'd be a sad, long, never-ending life.

The only exception would be if we lived in the world of Elves, and I were to be an elf. That way, you are surrounded by friends who are also immortal and you can have never-ending fun.

Even so, I have to say Immortality comes with a price. Even to the elves. IT ALWAYS COMES WITH A PRICE! You who have chosen the choice of immortality have been warned.

So no immortality for me.

ganonslayr's right, you'd have people dying all around you, and you'd get bored with life. life wasnt meant to be kept forever. but we should still live it to the fullest, because it's the only life we'll get.

~Linkanon

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Are you kidding? You could be all Ganon and be sliced, but it wouldn't affect you and they would need the Immortal Master Sword :D AND VIDEO GAMES ALL DAY! And you could get everything for free! And posess a dead body and split your life into half so you can have your friends from the dead :D Or warp! Or do whatever you want! NO MOAR LAWZ :D

Big Octo

=^)
Kemp, being immortal doesn't mean you get super powers. Anyway, I would choose no. First reason: The death of loved ones. All of your friends will perish, and you'll never see them again, Reason two: It would be near impossible to keep up with the times, you won't ever seem to get what's obsolete and what's not. Final reason: You'd be a creep in society. No one would want to be with you, because you'll stay young and they'll die. They won't view you as an almighty being, just an immortal fool. So in complete seriousness, why be immortal? We have a limited life for a reason, and as you grow older, you'll realize why you must die.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Immortality is a bigger curse than a blessing.

You may have no worries when living forever, doing what you want, fooling around, not worry about dying. Saying painful goodbyes to friends and see them slowly disappear from you forever, never to see them again is a suffering a Man can't handle. You know you could live forever, but that also means you won't ever see them again. I don't believe in heaven or Hell, but I believe there's a place where all things converge, and where we could meet each other again, even if it was for a moment. Those who seek immortality are lost in life and lost in self.

All things must come to an end.

Conor

the over analysing guy
Hell to the no! Did you see what happened to Pokey Minch after he became immortal? I couldn't cope with seeing everyone I know die

No way. It's one of those ideas that I think sounds cool as a kid, then you get a bit older and realize you would get incredibly bored and everyone you know would die/age. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom