• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If you could turn back time

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I don't think I would go back in time even if I had the option to. I like where I've ended up, so I wouldn't want to risk changing any of the factors that have gotten me where I am today.

If I could go back without changing anything, I think it would be neat to see ancient cultures in their true state, if only to compare what I've learned in high school to what it really was like back in the day.

Reactions: Pen

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
First of all- Time travel makes a paradox. So- it would be logically impossible. However- If you could have a machine that only allowed you to VIEW the past, without being able to interact with it, then it would seem more feasible.
(it would most likely have to be like the dream-sequence in A Christmas Carol where he's visited by the Ghost of Christmas Past)

Now, if I had such a machine (the viewer), I'd relive my most dearest memories, and try to learn from past mistakes. I'd view my failures, and use them as tools for forging a better me- learning from mistakes, and remembering the good times, and also at times, I'd use it to look back to younger days when I was inexperienced at certain games, and laugh at myself. xD Or just reminisce. Personally, I'd also want to oogle my fuzzy itty-bitty kitties, back when they were the size of a potato.

...ALSO! With such a machine- I probably would be able to look at other moments in history- not just my own personal history. I could use it as a learning tool!

...And cheat on history tests. xD

Then again, if we had such a machine, we'd most likely have to change what's in the History books- considering there are probably a billion different mistakes all through there. Simply because in the far-back history, there were no records well-kept, and people made up stuff all the time probably. For glory and bragging rights most likely. And also- people tend to forget key details- it's just a part of nature. The brain isn't an unlimited storage device. And also- people lie and have delusions- so history as we know it today, probably by default, is full of holes and mis-information.

Last edited:

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Why is everyone being so scientific about this? It's ZD. JUST CHOOSE AN ANSWER.

Breakfast with Monet, lunch with Immanuel Kant, dinner with Oscar Wilde. Take in a Tchaikovsky premier, nightcap with Hemingway.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I wouldn't go back. I wouldn't like to tempt fate and alter my life, even if it was for the better. It'd feel like I was cheating almost.

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
I wouldn't go back. I wouldn't like to tempt fate and alter my life, even if it was for the better. It'd feel like I was cheating almost.
What if your life only turned out as it did because your future self went back in time and intervened?

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I'd probably just tell my younger self in High School that her friends are all arseholes and she should ditch them sooner rather than later.

Also I'd tell her to invest in Apple. INVEST!

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Well, if we're talking about places in History I've always wanted to go, I'd travel back to the Italian Renaissance and live it up large in Italy for a little while. I would look good in one of those frilly dresses, enjoying the Italian sunshine and culture washing all over me.

And I'd want to peak forward to see if we, as human beings, ever really make it to full space travel, if we ever colonize on other planets or meet other life out there in the Universe. Something that's always interested me to no end, all that space stuff, so I would love to see just how far we really go.

Oh and, something something cure cancer world peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom