• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If you could turn back time

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Inspired by Kingofhuklebery

If you had a time machine, what would you do? What would you tell your past self? What type of dinosaur would you keep as a pet? Etc

I would personally, go back in time to my 15 year old self and tell myself to tell those nasty girls at school to go and fornicate themselves instead of feeling miserable all the time.
I wouldn't take so much of things people said to heart. I also wouldn't pretend not to care like I so often did because bottling things up is what turned me crazy.
I would not have been involved with one guy at all in any way ever. I would have told my friend I was not okay when she made out with my ex and that it was a big deal, instead of pretending I didn't care (again). I would have spent less time panicking about my grades at school, but spent more time paying attention in lessons at college instead of catching up on my sleep. I would not have, upon occasion, got so drunk that I had to go to hospital. And I would keep a tricerotops to ride around on.

Everything I said in the SB.
Advice to stop a bunch of idiotic mistakes before they've happened, Romance advice, etc.
One of those cute bird-raptor dinosaur.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
[01:10:57:UTC] LittleGumball : I'd tell middle school me that it gets better and I'll become happy

This and only this. I'd simply want to encourage my past self because I was a sadsack who couldn't stop crying over the littlest things. If I had someone I respected (namely me, myself, and I) tell me I'd become happy, I'd likely believe it, if I didn't push them away first. I think that if I had seen evidence of a happier, more confident me then I would have become happier more quickly. Being a grump the whole way through middle school is one of my only regrets and I only wish I could have gotten out of that stage quicker.

Dan

If I had a time machine I wouldn't go back and talk to my past self as their are far more important matters to attend and fix in history. Not to mention I would fear creating a paradox and alien monsters from the first series of new who would try and kill me. So I would probably nab Hitler and lock him in my basement, which of course would then follow onto the event of Command and Conquer Red alert.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Depends on the rules of time travel we are talking about here. If it affects the present I wouldn't do **** because domino effect. If it doesn't affect the present then I'd also not do **** cause why bother lol. If I literally go back and become my younger self, I would go back to when I was like 10 and make a website and be rich. I wish in 2008 when I started programming I understood that in 7 years all of the ideas would be taken lol.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I definitely would go back to change two things or maybe three.
1. I would go back to the time I was 8 and my father beated me up over some stupid blind. I would punch him in the face and say how do you like that sucker.
2. I would tell my past self to continue drawing and not give up.
3. I would tell my 18 years old self to continue studying because she has the talent and making money at an early age because mom so badly wants it is not always going to help in the future.

My fav dino pet would be a Raptor :P The T Rex is a bit too big.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
If I could turn back time, I would do probably only one thing different. I don't really have any regrets, and every thing I do regret was caused by one thing. And that would be taking those Vicodin back when I was a freshmen. They ruined my life as I spent the next 10 years constantly moving up to stronger and stronger Opiates, until I finally did Heroin, and staying on it for about 3 years. Making that mistake, set me back 10 years, as upon getting sober, it was like I had to start life all over again. Not to mention trying hard to rekindle old relationship, and loosing friends that I have had forever due to them not being sober and no longer being able to be around them, as I sit back and watched their lives fall apart as well. The Addiction also cost me my one and only Love. I thought I was gonna marry this girl, and if I didn't **** that up, my life would be much better now, and I wouldn't be so alone like I am now. But whatever, I guess when you fall so low, you can only move up from there, its just a really long and slow climb getting back to where you were.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I'd go back and prevented an event that triggered my dentist phobia.

I could have said I would tell myself to not let myself be too afraid to take a chance at love - but at the same time I'm not so sure I could in good conscience change the path of the other person's life, because I know that she's happy and I could never take that happiness away from her for a chance of finding some for myself.

But maybe I'd help myself make better dietary decisions sooner, not the many blunders I did in my student years.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
don't go anywhere previous to about 1750 (or at the very least, don't interact with anyone). your knowledge of the future will have you branded as a witch or some other agent of evil in almost every corner of the world

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
The Addiction also cost me my one and only Love. I thought I was gonna marry this girl, and if I didn't **** that up, my life would be much better now, and I wouldn't be so alone like I am now. But whatever, I guess when you fall so low, you can only move up from there, its just a really long and slow climb getting back to where you were.

I don't know much about addiction beyond my own experience which you know of and that of my brother, who is a heroin addict, thus I've been on the other side of addiction too. But I just wanted to say (and don't worry I'm not gonna preach about any bullcrap) that you have gotten through the hardest part and as much as you might have found yourself losing relationships and people around you before, now you have a lot of ideas about what not to do, which is more than a lot of people have tbh. As a friend I hope that you won't feel so down about your situation for much longer. You might be alone but you're independent, both of drugs and other people- I am a strong advocate of learning to be happy in yourself before you start worrying about being happy with someone else. Someone else will come along, too.

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
If I had a time machine, I'd go and see the dinosaurs, become a knight, sale with Columbus to discover America, hang out with the native Americans before white people killed them all (they seem pretty cool) and I'd probably go to meet Jesus and see what all the fuss is about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom