• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess If You Could Make TP More Difficult...

Vibed

must read before he posts
What would you do, and how difficult would be too difficult?

Just asking cause I set up a Gecko OS "hard mode" where I:

- take x4 damage
- have enemies have x2 health
- lose x2 rupees when buying things (Ex: Have 40 buy for 30, lose all)
- lose x2 arrows
- lose x2 bombs
- lose x2 slingshot seeds
- lose x3 lantern oil

And honestly, it's still not all that hard. I will admit, I have died a number of times due to stupid mistakes. Falling in lava deals about 5 hearts! But other than that, it's pretty much the same.

So I ask again, what would you do to make TP more difficult and what's going too far?

geek4887

The Unknown
Same exact things although I might tone down with the damage just a little bit. ;) I would want more complex puzzles, and a good use for the slingshot so that getting seeds won't be as useless as it usually is.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I would do some of what's in the OP but more realistic. Some enemies in the game only deal a quarter heart of damage but should do half to a full heart of damage. Like geek4887 said, I would also create more difficult puzzles. The best thing you could do to make the game harder is the increase enemy AI and to make their weaknesses less obvious and to have less weaknesses altogether. Arrows are overpowered, lower their power significantly. That's all I can think of at the moment.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
the boss in that place i can't remember the name...the one you need to use the spinner to defeat. when you do the second part and you go up the walls, it would have been better if there were more spike things getting in your way so jumping between the walls is much more frantic, it would have made a great boss awesome

Pen

The game is on!
A Twilight Princess Master Quest would be extraordinary! Since the game was so easy (even the first time around) I would love to see a Master Quest version of the game sometime.

I think they should change both the overworld and the dungeons (not just the dungeons like in the OoTMQ) and make them harder, both with the enemies and the puzzles. Yeah, I'd definitely enjoy that!

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
A Twilight Princess Master Quest would be extraordinary! Since the game was so easy (even the first time around) I would love to see a Master Quest version of the game sometime.

I think they should change both the overworld and the dungeons (not just the dungeons like in the OoTMQ) and make them harder, both with the enemies and the puzzles. Yeah, I'd definitely enjoy that!

seconded.. just changing the dungeons would be fine but the overhauling the full game would be awesome

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
I would make the enemies more intelligent and be able to take/deal more damage, make the dungeons more complex and have more difficult puzzles, and I would change the bosses altogether and switch them w/ harder ones. I would also make some of the challenges in the overworld more diffucult, like finding the tears and fighting King Bulbin and his minions.

Vibed

must read before he posts
Actually, the x4 damage part is easier than a three heart run, so I'm thinking of upping it even more! :lol:

Really though, what it needs is more challenging puzzles and smarter/more aggressive AI. The only puzzle I ever got stuck on was rolling into one of the pillars to knock over a chest in the Forest Temple.

Farore

Goddess of Courage
I found the Water Temple in TP wasn't as life-tormenting as the rest of the Water Temples were in the series. If they made it 10x more difficult, I would probably dread going in every time I played = which would mean they would be up-to-par with MM and Oot (even though they weren't that difficult to begin with).

If you have Twilight princess V1 disc(I dont think it work with V2) and you can use gecko os,there are cheats to replace enemies by others(exemple:Changing all Deku Babas by darknuts).now if you do a minimal run with thoses cheats you should have a real challenge(I never test it,I dont know if it work)

Here's the link for the codes http://geckocodes.org/index.php?c=RZDE01

geek4887

The Unknown
Well, continuing on my post, I guess they should also improve their enemy placement. That was one of the main reasons why Hyrule Field felt so empty. It was so sad to see such a big space go to waste, just because of lack of enemies. The smarter AI would GREATLY improve the difficulty as well. But, I want it to be almost as hard as A Link to the Past, or maybe Majora's Mask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom