• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If You Could Make a Dungeon, How Would It Work?

F

FierceDeityDeku

We always have typical forest, fire, water, undead/ shadow, and spirit/ godly dungeons. If you could break from that tradition, and make a new theme for dungeons, what would it be? For example, imagine a lightning themed temple in which you have to control the flow of electricity and activate things like gears. What are your thoughts? What dungeons whould YOU make?

I would say, maybe a more mechanical dungeon. Something with steampunk looks and feel to it.

i think an underground earth dungeon would be cool. where link would have to use the mole mits from MC to dig his way through the dirt to find hallow sections (which would be the rooms) ultimately constructing the dungeon as he goes along

Maikeru

Piper of Time
I always wanted a haunted funhouse style of dungeon. I don't want to go too in depth because it's something I am including in my fanfic. The basic idea though is that instead of the typical dungeon/temple, the doors and stuff wouldn't be locked. That would be because the doors are hidden. Inside of mirrors, behind bookcases, and other places. It'd be a bit crazy too, like how you might see a room filled with stairs, some that are sideways, straight up, upside down, etc..., and the only way to see what stairway another stairway connects to, would be with the Lens of Truth. It would basically be like a 10+ story area. And instead of getting a map and compass, you could maybe get pieces of map requiring a form of decoding, or deciphering cryptic messages to find your way through. There would also be the hint system who would make the journey easier if you really didn't want to go through all of that. Common enemies would be more funhouse style. Maybe mutant jack-in-the-boxes or painting ghouls. I mostly just think it would be fun.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
Has anyone seen the movie Cube? It had hundreds of cube-shaped rooms, some (but not all) of them filled with gory deathtraps. And a complicated mechanism constantly changed the order of the rooms.

In a Zelda Dungeon, that complicated mechanism would be replaced with magic, most of the deathtraps would be replaced with puzzles and/or enemies, but the concept would be the same. It would be very disorienting at first, but once you get the hang of it and can actively manipulate which doorway leads into which room and how to get from A to B, it will be fun.

R

RaikuSamiyaza

I have an idea for an Illusion Temple which I'll post in the morning.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
If I could break tradition, I may very well put in a sort of world where "the darkness hath tainted the land" style. For example, a dungeon similar to the Mines of Isengard in LOTR as a Forest dungeon, as it will be filled with dark creatures cutting down and burning trees, an industrialized (and even polluted) Fire dungeon like Goron Mines from TP only worse off, and a Water dungeon where most (if not all) of the water was siphoned off, and you have to restore it. they still keep the theme, but the tradition of a blatantly obvious temple is thrown off.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
If I could break tradition, I may very well put in a sort of world where "the darkness hath tainted the land" style. For example, a dungeon similar to the Mines of Isengard in LOTR as a Forest dungeon, as it will be filled with dark creatures cutting down and burning trees, an industrialized (and even polluted) Fire dungeon like Goron Mines from TP only worse off, and a Water dungeon where most (if not all) of the water was siphoned off, and you have to restore it. they still keep the theme, but the tradition of a blatantly obvious temple is thrown off.

Agree with this..

MM had this kind of dungeons.. In Woodfall the water was poisoned and you had to restore it.. Snowhead was snowing and you needed to bring back the spring etc. This could work if every dungeon was a temple that worshiped an element..Water, Fire, Earth and wind.. And when the darkness is released, The areas become polluted like you say.

But If I could design one specific dungeon, It would be a combination of a Magma and Aqua dungeon or a Fire/Ice dungeon.
The way it would work is that you get the Fire and Ice arrows as the dungeon item and have to freeze and unfreeze certain areas of the dungeon to get to your goal.. Intersting puzzles could be made with this.
And the boss battle could be like Twinrova.. Two monsters Fire/Ice and then they merge..?

David25866

Anime Master
I would make a dungeon dedicated for Ben with messages saying "you shouldn't have done that" and "I am getting lonely" and there would be pictures of him on the walls and when you got to the boss room it would be the corpse of Ben

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
This may sound crazy but I always wanted what I call a time flicker dungeon. It's sort of like the Temple of Time in TP but different. The idea is that you are in the ruins of a once great temple, but you have a time flicker that allows you to go back to when it was a grand temple. However in the dungeon you must go back and forth so you can go through walls that were soild before and things like that. It may be a wild idea but it's what I would make.

I would go with a dungeon that is kinda similar to the City in the Sky in TP. Only the special item of the dungeon would be something like Roc's Cape that lets you glide through the air to get to other parts of a room. There would be giant fans like the ones from the Forest place in Ganon's Castle in OoT or the City in the Sky from TP, and it could maybe take place in the clouds like the Palace of Winds in MC.

Another idea is a dungeon that is based heavily on solving puzzles instead of fighting, almost like the Temple of Time in TP.

bubblecrash

Oh no its back
i think i'd be cool to see something out doors, like the first part of hyrule castle in TP. it would be in an abandoned town/city or something like that though.

Ice Sage

these are words
Technicly they've already made one, but a mansion dungeon. Except it is more like a giant house rather than the ruins mansion in TP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom