• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tears of the Kingdom Ideal # & type of tank weapons

Hey y’all, my first post to this forum, pretty happy I just beat the game in totk, now that the story is all done I can start more playing around.

one of my goals is to make the “perfect” tank. and I’d like some feedback and recommendations. I define “perfect” to be a design that moves around easily, provides a basic level of protection and otherwise maximizes damage. (Roughly 60% damage, 25% mobility, 15% protection).

my current design has 3 big wheels (2 in front, one in the rear, stabilized), 2 iron poles on a 45 (forward up) with a zonal head on top with the rest of the construct availability filled with 2 canons and as many lasers as possible. I’m still playing around with what should be the “hull” - either sleds, a boat, or none and just the controller. I’m also trying to nail down the # of lasers, I want at least 1 canon to deal with armoured monsters, but lasers have been as less as 4 (not really enough) to max of 12 (damn drains batteries so fast, and probably is overkill).

I have fully max batteries and I wear the zonal set when testing my tank designs.

let me know your thoughts and recommendations! Can also be on how to best use this forum.

thanks

after a bit more testing I ended up settling on what I call the “heavy combat trike“ design: 4 x sleds as a hull, 2 big wheels up front, 1 stabilized big wheel in the rear, 2 iron poles, each 45 up and 45 out with a autoturret, central canon and 3 beam emitters. It seems to take out everything The fastest, even compared to other designs with more lasers.

I tried mounting a rotating turret option but it was too complicated or the bonds were too weak…maybe next time.

anyways I had a good time testing it out on hyrule field, now I need to take it down to the depths and get all my zonite back

Yep, even tried a couple other designs this one seems to be the winner:

let me know if there’s anything that could be improved!

Attachments

• IMG_0169.jpeg
    IMG_0169.jpeg
    201.3 KB · Views: 7
So I toyed around with the design and managed to turn the trike into Segway with a minecart cover, I also put 3 auto turret stocks instead of 2, so i went up 1 weapon system. But the damage output really went up! The thing can target 3 different monsters at once, and with the way laser damage works out I think it’s much better this way too.

I’ll upload an image or 2 later

Front and back of the heavy combat segway!

Attachments

• IMG_0172.jpeg
    IMG_0172.jpeg
    247.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0171.jpeg
    IMG_0171.jpeg
    286.9 KB · Views: 3
Ingredients:
1 x minecart
1 x sled
1 x control stick
1 x stabalizer (not totally needed)
2 x big wheels
3 x metal bars
3 x controller heads
3 x cannons
6 x laser emitters

maxed 21 components, could sacrifice the stabalizer for a battery for another weapon I guess

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom