• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I'd be ok with 3D Zelda games being like BOTW if we got good 2D Zelda games

I'm one of the old school Zelda fans who hate the BOTW formula and almost everything about it, and I was disheartened by Aonuma's comments that that is what they are sticking to for the future. I would be okay with that if we got more of a classic Zelda experience with regular 2D releases. A Link Between Worlds was awesome and it's one of my favorite games in the whole series. I'm also starting to fall in love with the Metroid series.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I wouldn't say they substitute it, and besides it's not like we're getting much of that either, ALBW was the last original one and that was 10 years ago (and I use "original" loosely considering it's like a pseudo remake of LTTP)

Fierce Deity Link

Knight of the Falling Moon
Kinda like how Super Mario Bros. and Sonic did 2D entries as well as the big 3D releases. I think that is reasonable. I would not mind a 2D entry on smartphones, perhaps just a sequel to Link’s Awakening. I mean Nintendo already has Mario Kart Tour out there.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Kinda like how Super Mario Bros. and Sonic did 2D entries as well as the big 3D releases. I think that is reasonable. I would not mind a 2D entry on smartphones, perhaps just a sequel to Link’s Awakening. I mean Nintendo already has Mario Kart Tour out there.
a mobile zelda would be it's own thing entirely, I think most people would want a proper overhead game on a console

Fierce Deity Link

Knight of the Falling Moon
That’s is why I think if a mobile Zelda game was made, it should be a 2D game like Link’s Awakening. So that the major creative teams and revenue would be allocated to the major 3D featured game.

ALBW was the last original one and that was 10 years ago
ALBW was 10 years ago??? Now I feel old...

I'd be ok with more 2D Zeldas being "classic" styled games. What I really want right now, though, is a Link's-Awakening-Switch style remake for the Oracles games. Or Minish Cap. Or both! Both is good.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
ALBW was 10 years ago??? Now I feel old...

I'd be ok with more 2D Zeldas being "classic" styled games. What I really want right now, though, is a Link's-Awakening-Switch style remake for the Oracles games. Or Minish Cap. Or both! Both is good.
don't really care about the oracles but I heavily disagree w/ that style for minish cap, I don't think it would do that game justice and it'd much rather see a modern sprite based recreation of it if it had to happen, it's on NSO anyway
though I'd take an original game any day first

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom