• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tears of the Kingdom I wonder what TotK will add as DLC outfits & equipment?

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
BotW had added many legacy items to the game via DLC, and all those items are presently available in TotK. But since the sequel is slated to have post launch DLC content, I cannot help but wonder what outfit items we may receive as collectibles to scavenge for.

Though I already have a few ideas of what we can expect already. For example :

Zora Armor of Twilight
The Zora Armor outfit from LoZ: Twilight Princess could be something added to basically give us an alternative skin to the regular Zora Armor from BotW/TotK.

Magic Armor
Pretty much the same thing as with the Zora Armor Above. Seeing as the Satori outfit in the game exchanges rupees for damage, this would essentially be an alternative outfit to wear while replicating the same feature.

Ordon Sword
Continuing the theme of Twilight Princess, the Ordon Sword could be something added as a collectible to be found in the Faron Region Depths, with the description of being a blade forged as a humble gift for royalty that was repurposed by a hero of old to save that very kingdom.

Ordon Shield
To go along with the Ordon Sword, the Ordon Shield could be added as a strong wooden shield with the description of it being a humble farmer's shield to defend sheep from monsters, said to be once used by a hero of legend.

Ordherd Attire outfit
The clothes worn by Link during the opening act of the Twilight Princess game, with the description of the outfit being attire worn by the goat herders from the humble village of Ordon.

Skyloftian Attire outfit
Given that TotK has a lot to do with islands in the sky, I am actually rather surprised that this outfit was not added into the base game. But then again, if we get a DLC adding more sky islands, I could see that some chests will allow us to acquire the outfit worn by Link in the opening act of Skyward Sword.

Skyward Shields
Staying on the topic of Skyward Sword, I can easily see them adding a few new shield types to the game as a post-launch DLC to provide us with nine shields from Skyward Sword that you could purchase and upgrade, only now possibly being found in the wild as relics to be obtained in the sky, the surface, and the depths.
Those being the Wooden Shield, Braced Shield, Banded Shield, Iron Shield, Reinforced Shield, Fortified Shield, Sacred Shield, Divine Shield, and Goddess Shield.

Sacred Bow
The fully upgraded bow from Skyward Sword is something I am hoping to see added to TotK as a DLC item to hunt down.

Royal Engineer outfit
Stepping into the Toon-stylized games, I would expect that Link's Royal Engineer from Spirit Tracks might make as a DLC, though made to fit in with BotW/TotK's body type and art style for Link rather than the more simplified toon aesthetic.

Lokomo Sword
Still sticking to Spirit Tracks, I think the addition of the Lokomo Sword to the game as an item able to be acquired in the depths would be a fitting addition to the game and something we could expect to see added in as DLC content.

Phantom Sword
Same goes with the Phantom Sword from the Phantom Hourglass game.

Four Sword
Dipping our toes into the Minish Cap and Four Swords games, I believe the addition of the Four Sword would make for an interesting DLC item, seeing as it would have a bonus effect applied to it wherein whenever Link lands a hit, three colored shadows of him will also hit the target; applying 4x the damage per swing. So while the sword would have something like 15 damage, it would have truly 60 damage per swing thanks to these red, blue, and purple copies that follow Link's movements similar in visual effect what happens when you acquire invincibility in Super Mario Galaxy.

Vaati's Robes outfit
An outfit that provides Gloom Protection to the wearer and is to be a BotW/TotK artstyle rendition of Vaati's cloak, shoes, and hat as he wore in The Minish Cap.

Captain Linebeck outift
Simply put, it would be interesting for players to cosplay as Linebeck from Phantom Hourglass.

Kholint Sword
Oddly enough they did add the Mask of Awakening to allow players to replicate the Toy Link depiction of Link from Link's Awakening. So it is only fitting to expect that the Kholint Sword would also make an appearance as a DLC item somewhere down the line.

Hero of Warriors outfit
Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity allows users to unlock a BotW art style rendition of the outfit worn by Link in Hyrule Warriors. Im honestly surprised that even though an official model exists, TotK doesn't seem to have this outfit... yet. Though it would appear that the model in HWAoC would need some polish and updates to bring it up to regular zelda standard of texture quality, plus of course adding in Rauru's hand.
Hero of Warriors Outfit.png

Magical Sword
Though it hasn't made a canon appearance since Zelda II, the Magical Sword as depicted in Hyrule Warriors would make for an interesting fit in TotK I believe, complete with the ability to shoot beams of light when attempting to throw the sword; making a great tool to use in The Depths.
Magical Sword.png

White Sword
Ditto
White Sword.png

The Dominion Rod
The tool from Twilight Princess that allowed us to control certain statues could make its return. However with no statues to control, I could see it being effectively repurposed as a Magic Rod that doubles as a mace, giveing the wielder great physical damage as well as allowing you to affix items to cast elemental spells.

Those were just some of my expectations of what we could see as DLC content added to TotK sometime down the line.

Reactions: Sal

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
It's a long shot and it'll never happen, but any content where you get to play as Zelda during the unimportant stuff she was doing in the past. I know that Nintendo is allergic to the idea of playable Zelda, but c'mon.

RamboBambiBambo

It's a long shot and it'll never happen, but any content where you get to play as Zelda during the unimportant stuff she was doing in the past. I know that Nintendo is allergic to the idea of playable Zelda, but c'mon.
Honestly such a DLC would be a great way to both explore Ancient Hyrule during the Zonai tech period while also giving us more insight into Medoh, Rudania, Nabooris, Ruta, Rauru, Sonia, and Mineru.

Not to mention providing us with more Zonai Devices to play with in an era where they were most prevelent.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Honestly such a DLC would be a great way to both explore Ancient Hyrule during the Zonai tech period while also giving us more insight into Medoh, Rudania, Nabooris, Ruta, Rauru, Sonia, and Mineru.
Heck, it would even let us see the Imprisoning War.

Since that was apparently just a scuffle between half a dozen dudes in weird hats. Can't be that hard to render.

RamboBambiBambo

I just hope that they don't make acquiring the Master Cycle and the old Champion Powers from BotW as a DLC.
Everyone is missing Revali's Gale, Daruk's Protection, Urbosa's Fury, and Mipha's Grace.
So I am hoping that Nintendo doesn't just give us a DLC where we have to discover where the Divine Beasts went in order to reawaken these lost abilities.

Actually, if we did get a Zelda DLC in the far past; I wonder if she will discover who Dinraal, Farosh, and Naydra were before their Draconification?

And if they wanted to do a tie-in to Age of Calamity somewhat, it would be interesting to have a DLC starring Master Kohga, Sooga, and Astor trying to resurrect Ganondorf after our end-game fight. However like with AoC, Astor is consumed and the two beings merge; creating something like Demon Lord Astor. Basically in this version of the characters, Astors' motivation could be to obtain power and he actually is successful. But Link still vanquishes the newly created Demon Lord, Kohga and Sooga are unmasked, and it is revealed that this entire time they were brainwashed by Astor to be evil; kinda like what Ganondorf did to Yunobo with a cursed mask to alter his behavior, thus ending the Yiga clan and re-uniting the Sheikah once again. (however Yiga overworld encounters still happen because there are those who still wear masks and now defeating them will remove the mask and free them from brainwashing curse magic)

Last edited:

RamboBambiBambo

Another DLC set of items that I would like to have added to TotK would be the Hero's Shade set.

Note, this is NOT concept art from the TotK or BotW art books, but rather fan art that shows what someone had drawn.
Hero's Shade Armor.jpg

Imagine this being essentially a reskin of the Phantom Armor set, allowing us to dress up as the Hero of Time in his final years as a warrior. As a bonus, at night time, I think it would be neat as an aesthetic effect to have Link's exposed fleshy bits become ethereal and semi-translucent; exposing his bones underneath in the moonlit glow and having one eye glow just as the Hero's Shade did in Twilight Princess.

And of course to complete the set, his sword and shield being acquireable.

Reactions: Sal

RamboBambiBambo

Another interesting armor selection would be Darknut armor.

Darknut.jpg

I could easily see a DLC adding in this classic Zelda Mini-Boss back in their wolven form, though possibly with a new style of armor that bears resemblance to their Toon appearance in Minish Cap, Wind Waker, and the like. And defeating certain Darknuts would grant you their armor pieces in chests while you can acquire their claymores and shields through battle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom