• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link I LOVE Adventure of Link!

What Do You Think of AoL

• GREAT!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ******* Game!

• Never Played

• Total voters

KaeporaGaebora

TheOwlSage
Personally, I think Zelda II is very unloved for it's weird game design. REMEMBER FOLKS THIS IS A NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM GAME. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE HARD! But from how much of Zelda II I've played, i can say it is definitely harder than Zelda I, IMO. Mabye its my love for RPGs, but Zelda II is definitely my favorite game to play when I'm in need of a challenge. If Zelda II was remade on today's consoles, it would be as easy as Twilight Princess. I feel that the fact it was also the second Zelda gme made, no 'tradtions' had been set, so it wasn't breaking any norm. PLUS ITS A NES GAME, GET OVER IT'S DIFFICULTY!

I just wish everyone who complains about the difficulty would just get over it. It's like you guys complain that a game is too hard if you can't play it from start to finish on one life while blindfolded.

I have no problem with a hard game. Adventure of Link on the other hand isn't exactly hard, it borderlines cheap. Unpredictable spazzy enemy movements, vague clues, glitches, and harsh punishments for doing bad. It's not difficulty, it's bad game design.

That said, the game is still fun to play.

Zeldawolfsheik

Chief of Shiekah Tribe
I have no problem with a hard game. Adventure of Link on the other hand isn't exactly hard, it borderlines cheap. Unpredictable spazzy enemy movements, vague clues, glitches, and harsh punishments for doing bad. It's not difficulty, it's bad game design.
I know this, and i like it when the odds are against me!

I have played it quite a lot and i must say its pretty good.
Ialso like how its a side scrolling game which ive always been a fan of.

I like how its combat based and the bosses are quite tough compared to other Zelda games.
The fact this game is different from lots of other Zelda titles i feel puts others off.

I would not say its the worst or the best its just different.

H

Hero-Of-Time

It is a good and original game but it lacks a lot of key zelda aspects, such as random overworld puzzles. Personaly I have a BIG problem with the side-scrolling aspect of battle. Basicaly in my opinion it's a good "game" but a mediocre "Zelda game".

i loved adventure of link as a whole.

the difficulty was tough but with perseverance i overcame it.

actually the two most frustrating parts were death mountain and valley of the damned(i tihnk thats what its called. the path to the great palace)
just getting game over and having to walk all the way back and having maxed stats so exp means nothing and continually failing just to get to the last palace was aaaaaarrrghhhh

however i loved the combat style and the bosses.

oh and i found dark link to be way overrated. he killed me twice then i realized you don't fight him like a darknut or something and just attack remorselessly and make him expose himself.

definately in my top 10 zelda games.

Last edited:
i was thinking that nintendo should remake it for the 3ds with super smash bros brawl graphics or ssb4 graphics

Nah, I reckon it should be one of the 3D Classics. But then again the 3D classics are remakes, respectively.

The thing I like about The adventure of Link is once you've completed the game, you can play it again at maximum level, which makes it alot easier. But you've completed zelda's most hardest game, so that just leaves you the question: would you play it again?

Conor

the over analysing guy
I think there needs to be a middle option, I wouldn't personally call it great but it definitely isn't asterixes

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
I recently downloaded AoL on my 3DS because of the Ambassador Program and that's really gotten me into it. I like it so much because its DIFFERENT. One, you have a Zelda game based off of an RPG style game. Upgrading your sword, health and magic is a really cool twist to the Zelda series. I know a lot of people hate this game simply because of difficulty but some games are based off of difficulty. Games get boring if their too easy. This is in fact the only zelda game that has made the hair on my neck stand on end because it's so hard and once your fighting an enemy you get into the zone and it's major fun! The game is rewarding in a way. You don't really get any cool items from fighting bosses but you get the feeling of accomplishment compared to other Zelda titles where when you fight a boss you get a really cool ancient artifact usually and a heart container but you don't really feel that great because it wasn't that hard. Hey, I'm not putting down other Zelda games because of their difficulty because I love all Zelda games. I'm just saying if your a Zelda fan and you want a creative, new, hard approach to Zelda. Adventure of Link is that game.

Between the two NES games, AoL is definitely my favorite. In the original, you didn't exactly have "puzzles" as much as you had trial-and-error pushing blocks and bombing walls to get through dungeons. In AoL, you have to figure out which spells to use in which situations. Not as complex as some of the more modern games, sure, but it still had you thinking about it a bit more. AoL does still have some trial-and-error elements, though, like having to find the cabin hidden in the swamp. I'm not really a fan of that, but at least it's spread out a bit more thinly than in the first game.

Difficulty's kind of a gray area. It can be a bit tricky, sure, but once you learn the enemies' tricks, you can usually defeat or avoid them fairly easily. Someone earlier mentioned the enemies on the fence that throw stones at you. They throw the stones so that they'll hit you if you keep moving at your current speed. Just take your time and move back and forth a little bit and they won't hit you much, if at all. Plus if you take the time to level Link up, the game gets even easier.

Someone also mentioned clues that you might pick up from one town that you'd have to use in another, but they're so far apart that you might forget by the time you get there. I remember when these games were new and they came with instruction booklets. There was a page in the booklet marked "memo" that was specifically meant for you to write that stuff down. Obviously we might not have the luxury of getting the game with the booklet, but I'm pretty sure everybody has access to a pencil and paper somewhere. If not, the 3DS has a built in Game Notes app, and anyone with access to a computer can type it up in Notepad or draw something in MS Paint (or whatever the Mac/Linux/whatever OS equivalents are). In all honesty, I'd prefer that over having a companion character constantly telling me where I need to go, but I guess that's just the kind of gamer I am.

So yeah, I like the challenge, I like the deviation from the standard Zelda formula, and despite being on the NES, I think it's a worthy member of the Zelda series.

Ballad of Gales

The wind is mine!
Just played it thanks to ambassador program! It really is AWESOME! I mean, yeah its REALLY hard... I... can't even beat Parapa Palace...

Anyways, Im lovin it, a good change of the zelda pace(well, it was an experiment actually, at the start of the series, but ah what the hell), i think of it as the precursor of the 3d Zelda.

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
I actually beat the game and was so proud Im going to list it on job and college applications:P (Im sure that will go over well) But I loved it because of the bost battles. Some of the best in the series:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom