• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Hyrule Warriors Will Work with Amiibo in the Future

#amiibo figure Link will be compatible with #HyruleWarriors. Stay tuned for more info.

B0e4tNdCYAAf8Ef.jpg

Source: Nintendo of America - https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/524590969413320704

Last edited:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Well the problem is right now EVERYTHING about Amiibo is "Stay tuned for more info." Everyone's having a hard time imagining how they'll be useful, and they'll likely hold on to that confusion even after it's fully explained.

While I can't begin to imagine how they'd be compatible with MK8, I think it can make sense with HW. Not that I could give any guesses about specifics.

...just please give me a Lana Amiibo.

Well the problem is right now EVERYTHING about Amiibo is "Stay tuned for more info." Everyone's having a hard time imagining how they'll be useful, and they'll likely hold on to that confusion even after it's fully explained.

While I can't begin to imagine how they'd be compatible with MK8, I think it can make sense with HW. Not that I could give any guesses about specifics.
Not everything is stay tuned. Nintendo have described in detail how Amiibo will work with Smash Bros WiiU

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo

...just please give me a Lana Amiibo.

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
I'm still not seeing the selling point of Amiibos. I suppose most people will buy one for one of their games to give it a try, but I don't see a larger market for these kinds of figurines. Who knows, Nintendo has a knack for making the bizarre work.

I LOVE action figures and figures as a whole, so that's one selling point for vulnerable me.

The reason why nearly everything is so unknown on Amiibo's right now must be because Nintendo themselves are still finding just what they can do.

Remember how long it took for Nintendo to say whether or not you needed a 2nd pad?
The console released and they still weren't sure if another pad was compatible. Making bizarre things work is Nintendo's thing :yes:.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Bumping this.

Link's getting a Spinner weapon.

Zelda, Sheik, and Toon Link are also compatible, though it's not clear what we get from them. It seems like it's just a random weapon from those already unlocked.

All other Smash amiibos are also compatible and give random weapons, materials, and rupees.

I'm confused though about what makes Zelda, Sheik, and Toon Link special if ALL amiibos give weapons, and only Link is getting a new one.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Link gets a specific weapon all others (bar any ideas on nintendo's behalf) will just yield a random weapon/rupee/material for getting them. My question is can we repeat this with the amiibos or is it a one time use?

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
Link gets a specific weapon all others (bar any ideas on nintendo's behalf) will just yield a random weapon/rupee/material for getting them. My question is can we repeat this with the amiibos or is it a one time use?

Actually, I think I've heard a few things on that. I think indeed the Amiibo can be used repeatedly and moderately with the game, it was 1-2 weeks that you had to wait before you can use the Amiibo again. I can't really remember where I've seen info on it or if its even true.

I heard the rumour was once per day. But I don't think we will know till the Amiibo are released.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
5 times per day, so says that image. My guess is total, not per amiibo.

The brown part of the image says "Touch Link or Zelda and get their respective weapon!"

I guess that is the difference.
Link: First touch gets spinner. Subsequent touches get a random Link weapon.
Zelda: random Zelda weapon
Sheik: random Sheik weapon
Toon Link: random Link weapon?
Others: random weapon or material plus rupees

Last edited:
5 times per day, so says that image. My guess is total, not per amiibo.

The brown part of the image says "Touch Link or Zelda and get their respective weapon!"
I guess you are right about the 5x per day.

The Link or Zelda thing, I still am not sure about. It says "Touch Link or Zelda and get their respective weapon". Weapon in the singular. Both Link and Zelda have more than one type of weapon. So apart from something lost in translation, I think the Zelda Amiibo with Hyrule Warriors is still up on the air. I think it's a wait and see thing. If it said "one of their respective weapons" that'd make sense. But "weapon" in the singular makes me wonder.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I guess you are right about the 5x per day.

The Link or Zelda thing, I still am not sure about. It says "Touch Link or Zelda and get their respective weapon". Weapon in the singular. Both Link and Zelda have more than one type of weapon. So apart from something lost in translation, I think the Zelda Amiibo with Hyrule Warriors is still up on the air. I think it's a wait and see thing. If it said "one of their respective weapons" that'd make sense. But "weapon" in the singular makes me wonder.
There's no plurality in Japanese. It's "weapon" or "weapons", doesn't matter.

それぞれ doesn't translate well into English. A more specific translation might be "a weapon that belongs to whichever warrior you touched."

Last edited:
There's no plurality in Japanese. It's "weapon" or "weapons", doesn't matter.

それぞれ doesn't translate well into English. A more specific translation might be "a weapon that belongs to whichever warrior you touched."
Thank you very much. And that makes sense. It seems you will get a random weapon (for the Amiibo you used if a LoZ one) or something random from a non LoZ Amiibo.

But there is also this:

am_title_spin_2.png

The website has been updated. It looks like Link AND Toon Link Amiibos will unlock the spinner weapon.
Correct me if I am wrong but that's how I see it.

titleam_02.png

am_linkzelda.png

Number 2 has been updated too. Does this mean they give something more than the non LoZ amiibos will? Or is it just as you said, they just give a weapon of the Amiibo you used?

Source: http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/zelda/update.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom