• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Historia - Do You Think It Will/Won't Get Localized? Why/Why Not?

Do you think Hyrule Historia will be localized?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I don't know/Doesn't really matter

• Total voters
Do you guys think Hyrule Historia will get localized? If so, post why you think it will, if not, post why you think it won't.

I honestly think it will get localized (eventually), but I'm not extremely optimistic. If they do localize it, they may not have the same cover artwork showing the Zelda 25th Anniversary logo, but that's because of how long it might take in order to get it here. My personal opinion on why it's taking so long is because they're taking their sweet time to translate it into English and other languages (A third party could be translating it, like Viz Media or some group like that, but that's just my guess). It would be great to see Hyrule Historia get a localized release, but I know there are many people who think there isn't going to be one. Let us know what you think!

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I hope it gets localised eventually but I'm not going to hold my breath. There are a great number of people who are translating the book though so a localisation won't be strictly necessary but it would still be preferable.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I hope it will, but I highly doubt it will. Usually only the Japanese get really cool things like these and the rest of the world just drools in vain.

I doubt it. If it does get localised then it would of been a waste of time for the translators like Glitterberri who gave up their time to translate it.

bkelly458

Just Some Dude
I highly doubt it too.

It took thousands of persistent fans months for Nintendo to listen to Operation Rainfall fans, and that was for some of the best RPG games a dying system has had to date. I see it being very unlikely they'll see the need to publish it outside Japan, especially since we've already translated most of it online.

I definitely believe the Hyrule Historia will be localized. There's a lot of financial incentive in it for Nintendo after all.

Vaati101 said:
I doubt it. If it does get localised then it would of been a waste of time for the translators like Glitterberri who gave up their time to translate it.

No, it wouldn't. Glitterberri did a great thing by translating the Hyrule Historia book, however, it's always nice to own a physical copy.

bkelly458 said:
It took thousands of persistent fans months for Nintendo to listen to Operation Rainfall fans, and that was for some of the best RPG games a dying system has had to date. I see it being very unlikely they'll see the need to publish it outside Japan, especially since we've already translated most of it online.

Yes, but the important thing to note is that Nintendo finally did release the Operation Rainfall-all three in Europe and PAL regions and one soon two in North America. As with Majora's Mask 3D, if fan demand is high enough, I believe Nintendo will be more inclined to localize the Hyrule Historia.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I would be overjoyed if they released it in English! I really, truly hope they do; I'd love to have my own personal copy.

I don't know if it will, though...

I'm going to add something in quick. The Manga Preview is the tricky thing in this because Viz Media is in charge of releasing the American versions of the Akira Himekawa mangas. They would have to be at least partly involved in Hyrule Historia, but it would be strange if they were completely involved with it, because of the VK logo and the Viz Media logo they put on the binding of the books. I have the feeling that if they do localize it, a couple of companies will have their hands in the book's translation and localization.

shaymin1

Derp.
I don't think we will because Nintendo just loves Japan so much (look at their Club Nintendo rewards and then our Club Nintendo rewards).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom