• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Hunger Games: XII

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
The end of Part 1. Everything now gets a bit more interesting as the Tributes enter the Arena.

Chapter 8 : Tekara Ki

Everything was happening so fast, I didn’t see the boulder coming until he pushed me out of the way. I was shielding my eyes and mouth from the smoke, and Erak was coughing, his eyes tearing up. I have to do something, I think. But before anything can happen, I feel a tug at my dress pulling me backward, and I fly to the ground.

I can’t see their face in the smoke, but they saved me. Then the person threw a knife, and it caught Erak’s clothes and shot him against the wall.

Then I saw rocks fall where Erak and I were standing. The person who saved us went running into the crowd. Erak pulled the knife out of his clothes, ran over and helped me up. We made it out alive.

Erak Xalon

I couldn’t believe what had happened. Chailyn had been laughing. She had said that the bombs were placed so they wouldn’t hit me. What it an accident? Or was it on purpose? And then the person that saved me, I couldn’t see them. Then I decided something as me and Tekara ran for our lives.

Chailyn couldn’t be trusted. But whoever saved me is the person I want with me.

Elliot Septin

Maybe nobody else saw it, but I did. Chailyn laughed as the bombs blew. She had somehow gotten a hold of explosives and placed them before the interviews. But who was the target? Everyone? That question was being tossed and turned in my head.

Erak came to me before I went to bed.

“Elliot,” he said as he walked up to me on the roof. My hair was blowing against my face.

“What’s up?” I asked. I decided that it was better to pretend to be his ally than an enemy.

“Do you know where this came from?” Erak asked me as he handed me something. It was a dagger. I turned it around with my fingers, being very careful of the tip. It was beautiful, really.

The handle was covered in soft fabric, the hilt was shaped as half of a sphere so the person’s hand couldn’t slip, and the blade, which had a little twist at the end, connected to a circular piece of metal.

“No idea.” I lied. Erak turned it over, as if he could feel me lying.

“Ok, you better get some sleep you know,” he said to me, walking back into the building. “Tomorrow is the Games, you know.” I laughed to myself.

“How could I forget?” And then he was gone. And I involuntarily slipped my hand underneath my shirt, and felt what was on my chest. It was still cold and lifeless to the touch. As soon as I had touched that dagger, I knew something. Something important and insane.

That dagger had come from the same place that it had come from. But why would he have it? I thought to myself. He would need to have been to…

Then I realized something else. Someone in the Capital was on his side. Someone in the Capital had supplied him with weaponry. That's punishable by death. Did that same person give Chailyn explosives? It was too many questions, especially with the bloodbath so close.

I walked inside, into my room, and into my bed with a single thought. When the Games began, Mare was my first target.

Lynia Ridell

I woke up and slipped into all of my black clothes. They would help me blend in during the night. I watched, with fear hidden somewhere in the depths of my eyes as the circular elevator slid down the tube. It’s time, I thought.

I step on the elevator and feel it lift me up as a calm pre-recorded Capital voice reminds me not to step off of the platform until the cannon sounds.

I rise into a chamber with no ceiling, all of it made entirely out of metal. And this, I think. Is where it begins.

END OF PART 1

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Excellent job. So, I suppose the dagger is important? I mean, you make it a big deal, so I guess it's important. Is it the thing Elliot's hiding. Actually, no that I look closer at it, no. I'm confused.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Excellent job. So, I suppose the dagger is important? I mean, you make it a big deal, so I guess it's important. Is it the thing Elliot's hiding. Actually, no that I look closer at it, no. I'm confused.
What I can tell you now is that the Dagger and what Elliot has on his chest are somehow related.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
The plot thickens. First some mark on his chest, and then a knife. Wonder how they're connected.

And I love the part where they think Chailyn can't be trusted. (She can't.)
I'm glad you enjoy the thickened plot. But when the Games begin, I can tell you now that everything is going to get more interesting.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I know it's been SUCH A LONG TIME since I've posted for XII, but I've been busy and just plain lazy. I sincerely apologize, and come back with the first chapter of Part 2: THE GAMES.

PART 2: THE GAMES
Chapter : 9 Mare Blackpoint

I stood there, continuously repeating Leo’s last words to me before the games. The elevator had opened, and Leo watched as Tekara and I stepped on to the platforms that, in the end, would deliver us to our death.

“Remember,” he had said. “When the cannon sounds, sprint away from the Cornucopia and station yourselves at the nearest and most abundant water source. Set traps, whatever you need to set, so that you can take out anyone who comes for your water. Rely on each other, you two. You both may just be the last hope we have.”

It was confusing, seeing someone who had produced amazing skill when showing us around the training grounds telling us to run away from a fight. It didn’t make sense. And what the last thing he said, well, that was another puzzle all-together.

*BANG* But it wasn’t the cannon. A poor tribute had thought that she could outsmart the Gamemakers and jump just as the cannon sounded. She was wrong. I could only imagine her family back at her District, crying as they watch the remains of their daughter sucked into a hovercraft like spilled crumbs on a carpet.

*BANG* And I charged into the bloodbath. I was going completely against what Leo had said to do. I saw Tekara take his advice and run for her life. I smiled to myself at how fast she was.

I dodge blows from other tributes, I watch a tribute get strangled right after I avoid a blow from them. I don’t even know their names. I grab a small backpack and find a broad longsword. Exactly what I like. But then it’s snagged by someone else: Zordo Danascus from District 7. He punches me in the face, and my nose begins to bleed I rip a crossbow off of his side and kick him in the chest when I hit the ground. This knocks the wind out of him and I run.

I push the branches away from my face as I run. I feel small thorns slashing against my skin, causing small cuts to appear on it’s surface.

* * *​

It’s gotten dark. I found a small and light blanket in the backpack I grabbed at the Cornucopia, along with a small bottle of water and some crackers. It’s not much, but it will hold me over until I find more food. I finish nibbling on a cracker and drinking a bit of water, then wrap the blanket around a tree branch and lay down to sleep.

Suddenly an arrow whizzes past my face and into the trunk of the tree at my feet. I quickly dropped out of the tree and pointed my crossbow at my enemy. The male tribute from District 3. I try to recall the name. But he recalls it for me.
“Erak Xalon.”

Erak Xalon

Mare and I stood facing each other. I gripped my bow so hard my knuckles were white. I hoped he wouldn’t notice I had no clue how to wield a bow.

“Go ahead and shoot,” Mare taunts. I grit my teeth and let go of the string. But I realize my mistake. I had forgot to knock an arrow. It was a dry shot. The string whacked against my elbow and I doubled over in pain. Suddenly, Mare had me in a headlock, with my bow on the ground.

“I don’t want to see you again,” Mare says to me. “Go.” He lets me go, and I begin to walk away. Then he calls back, “Wait.” He hands me my bow. “Good luck.”

I walk away. I hear the anthem play and see the faces of all the dead tributes in the sky. 15 died today. Only 11 are left. And then I realized it. Mare had let me walk away.

Mare Blackpoint

I crawl back into my blanket unhurt except for the tree’s marks earlier that day. I think to myself what I did. First of all, I prevented Erak’s face from being a face in the starts. Second, I had given him back his weapon, knowing full well what I was doing. And finally, the best part of the night, I had done it all with no arrow ready in my crossbow.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Good job..........
........although you made my guy kinda sucky.......
:P
Nah, he was fine, shooting probably just is not his strong point. Good job with the action, poor girl who thought she could outsmart the Gamemakers........:(

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Good job..........
........although you made my guy kinda sucky.......
:P
Nah, he was fine, shooting probably just is not his strong point. Good job with the action, poor girl who thought she could outsmart the Gamemakers........:(
You put Erak's weapon as a Halberd (I think that's what it's called) so I gave him a bow as an excuse to make him look sucky. And while I do feel bad for the girl, she was unclaimed. So my feelings for her are decreased by 3/4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom