• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Hunger Games: XII

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I got Chapter 5 done a few days ago, but I forgot to post it until now. Sorry. It's a little shorter than the others, but on the plus side, the Games are getting oh so very close. I can almost taste them. Anyways, here it is:

Chapter 5 : Mare Blackpoint

Everdeen. That packed a punch. He’s a great trainer, and a descendant of the Mockingjay. But why would the Capital let him live? I’ve never heard of a Mockingjay descendant before now, I always assumed they were executed for their ancestor’s crimes against the Capital. Unless they were raised in the Capital… I think. And they don’t know.

But that was yesterday. Today I’m standing as bare as bare can get on a podium with my arms being held out like I’m trying to balance. I feel like clay. Being taken from what the Capital seems as a useless lump, remade, crumpled up, then remade until they think of me as flawless. We’re only puppets for show. I think. The strings being effortlessly strung to our limbs so that everything we do is made by the person with the strings in their hand. But if someone were to cut the strings… Then what would happen?

I’m told to look at myself for the thirteenth time in the mirror. As much as I hate to admit it, I look pretty nice. I still prefer my usual clothes, but still, nice. I only hope that no one stretches that out of proportion. I can barely stand to fight anyone. Having to fight someone who loves me would drive me over the edge.

I’m wearing a long-sleeved button-down white shirt with a black vest, pants and boots. My hair is left to flawlessly shade my face. It seems all too low-key for the Capital’s liking, but I can only guess that everything will explode on stage (with District 13 being nuclear development,) and me standing completely bare except for some kind of embarrassing tights. But when it gets to the Chariot Rides, am I wrong. Oh, so wrong.

Tekara Ki

I don’t even bother to look at the other Tributes. Tomorrow, there’s interviews. Then, the Games. But I need to ride in the chariot with Mare. It’s required. But he doesn’t look all that bad. My designer made me a dress made of entirely black fabric except for intricate and detailed streaks of white covering the entire dress. My hair is done, once again, in only a single braid. I’m also wearing black half-inch heels.

Time passes. Finally, it’s time for me and Mare’s chariot to ride down the pavement. I feel sick having to wave to everyone like the queen of a happy world. Smiling. In my mind I think, Good, we’re halfway done. But in real life, something else happens.

The sun seems to turn off. The Capital must’ve set up some kind of dome. And then the clothes that Mare and I are wearing seem to explode in green. Oh no… The worst images possible pop up in my mind. I can’t even think about it all for too long. But nothing bad happens. Instead, I realize that all of the white on my dress, the metal rings in my braid, and all of the white that Mare is wearing, are glowing green. It’s almost as if… Then it hit me. We’re nuclear.

Mare looked at everyone, but didn’t wave, just as he was doing before. I was still stunned with what had happened to wave.

Lynia Ridell

I could only grin as I watched Mare and Tekara in their chariot. Their designers did that to make hype. They made hype to get donations in the Arena. They tried to get donations because they know that Mare and Tekara don’t stand a chance on their own.

But that’s when the hints of Mare being a swordsman confused me again. But why wouldn’t he tell his trainer and stylists that? Wouldn’t they want to know that? It’s not like he can get in trouble, it’s too far in the Games. Then I figured something else out using only that one thought.

Mare doesn’t want to fight in the Games.

UPDATE
I'm juggling the idea of whether or not to make a site for XII. The site would include the graphics, chapters, character information, and maybe more. If you like the idea, VM to make sure that I know. I would accept art drawn by the character creators to post if they wanted to take the time to draw them. So, a good idea? A bad idea? VM me your opinion.

Last edited:

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Yay! Another chapter! This is getting better and better! I love what you did with Mare and Tekara's outfits, very clever! Keep it up! :D

~Ki
Thanks, Keyari. I did my best to make it original. I'll be sure to see what I can do.
Excellent job. Good idea of 'going nuclear,' literally, and good chapter. Keep it up.
Thanks, myraid. I used Mare's and Tekara's perspective because nuclear clothing was the only idea I could come up with. I'll be sure to work hard on the rest.
I like Mare. He's apparently a good swordmaster (a swordsman but better (Yes, I got that from Fire Emblem, why do you ask?)) according to Lynia, but he doesnt want to fight. And it seems like my theory is turning out to be true, but who knows?
I'm glad you like Mare! The confusion and theory will hopefully be kept up until the end.
Sorry I haven't commented in a while. Nice chapter, even if it was short :dry:
It's fine, jedizora. Thanks for the compliment. I wanted to stick with the general idea of the chariot rides for this chapter, but the next one will be about the interviews, and then on to the games!

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Here is Chapter 6. This chapter is very long, but I think the suspense makes up for it. Enjoy!

Chapter 6 : Erak Xalon

The cold night breeze feels good on my face. How I wish that I could jump right now and die or escape. It’s much better than the Games.

“Why are you here?” I turn around, and Chailyn is standing there. I try to remember what district she’s from. 5, maybe? I eventually answer her.

“I could ask you the same thing.” She stood there nodding, possibly thinking about how good my response was. She’s always thinking, isn’t she?

“I’m here because I need some fresh air,” I say.

“That’s not what I meant.” For a minute I was confused. Then I realized what she meant.

“The same reason you are, I guess. Because the Reaping took our hands and led us down the path to the Games.” Chailyn stood there, leaning against some stone slabs while I sat on the edge of the roof. I was tempted to jump off, but I’d only hit a forcefield and set off an alarm.

“That’s not the right answer. I know it isn’t. If you feel like talking, I’m here.” Chailyn started walking away.

“What?” I asked. “You mean you want to be in an alliance?” Chailyn didn’t stop to look back when she gave me an answer.

“That’s exactly what I’m saying.”

Elliot Septin

I walked into my room, slammed and locked the door, threw off my shirt and hopped into bed. But then I remembered. So I slipped on a night shirt that was thick enough to shade my chest. I remembered back to how I managed to cover my chest that day while I closed my eyes. It hadn’t been easy in the slightest. I had torn my bed sheet and wrapped it around my chest. I managed to say that I had a wound on my chest from District 11 and that it was impossible to cover up. Eventually, they left the temporary bandage on and I moved on. Then I drifted quietly to sleep.

Zordo Danascus

When Elliot was slipping to bed, I dropped out of the vent in the ceiling. I landed on the floor without a sound and watched as Elliot fell asleep. It hadn’t been easy getting here. First, I had to make myself a small screwdriver by carving a metal block out of the door frame out of my shower door with a screw I screwed out of the shower door. It took awhile, but I had just enough time to unscrew the vent in my room, jump on my bed to haul myself up, and crawl across the maze of vents until I got to Elliot’s room. Although, I did see the other tributes. I was tempted to kill them right then. With deep enough of a strike with my mini screwdriver, I could’ve done it. But I didn’t.

Now it was time. Elliot rolled over to face the ceiling. Just what I needed. I took my screwdriver and cut the nightshirt, as it would be easier to cut it than to remove it entirely. I looked at his chest. I couldn’t believe my eyes. I dropped my screwdriver on the ground and backed up. It just wasn’t possible. I noisily clambered back into the vent, went back to my room and climbed into bed, never being able to loose the image of what I had seen.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Caeda, feel free to PM me with any theories of yours. In the meantime, enjoy Chapter 7! It's a short, but it's a definite cliffhanger.

Chapter 7 : Chailyn Kami

It’s the day for interviews. My hair has been put in a bun and I’m wearing a very light green dress, like it was originally white, but stained by grass with no way to get the stains out. Julius Hitman is interviewing me and asking me about my life back in District 5. I tell him how I never went to work, that I live how I feel like living. Julius seems as satisfied as ever and the crowd gasps. Let the Gamemakers realize what they’re Peacekeepers are enforcing, I think. Before I know it, the interview is over and I’ve left my mark.

I don’t even pay attention to anyone’s interview. However, I notice that Lynia lets the fact slip that she hunts in the forest, which is against the law, and Zordo is an orphan off the streets with no one to cheer him on. But most importantly, I notice that Erak and Elliot avoid the question of their lives, while Mare states he has no family, much like Zordo. But I doubt anyone is paying attention to anyone else. And now, my game begins.

Zordo Danascus

I manage not to blurt out my event last night for all of Panem to hear. But I listen to everyone’s interview. I need to learn so I can learn to win.

I wait for Elliot to let something slip about what I saw. Nothing. Two Districts later, Mare mentions that he is an orphan. He has a make believe family. He’ll never understand what it’s like… I think. He was so close. And then I notice it. A crack on the ceiling. Right above the Tributes.

Mare Blackpoint

I have almost no time to think when it happens. I turn around from my interview as see what Zordo is looking at. I look up and I see it right as everything bursts into flames. Julius is knocked over and the crowd was being evacuated. Large rocks fall to the tribute’s heads. The rocks are big enough to crack someone’s skull open. But Tekara and Erak didn’t think fast enough. They were still in the black fog of the flames while I saw rocks fly toward them. I could only save one of them. Then, I see it.

Chailyn laughing as she walks away.

Last edited:

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Wow........That was unexpected.....did Chailyn mean to do that to Erak? They were supposed to have an alliance. Was it fake? Or maybe she didn't mean to do it to him?
Anyway, I'd really appreciate it if you didn't kill off my character before the Games even begin. :P

Keyari

翼のエルフ
Tekara better not be dead before the games actually start! That's Tae gets to show off her skills! D:

But great chapter again, MS13, you're doing a fantabulous job! ^^

~Ki

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom