• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda How Would You Like to Play a More 'adult' Zelda Game?

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Im for playing as an adult AGED Link, so im contradicting you thread I guess, as well as im all about the series becoming more mature, but all the gore and whatnot, nah im good. An "Adult Rated" Zelda game has already been made, two of them actually, its called Darksiders!

[video=youtube_share;7gdctygGzCo]http://youtu.be/7gdctygGzCo[/video]

no offence ZD, im still a Zelda fan but i agree with every word in this trailer! But no one cared!

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
^^Sorry buddy, there's a reason no one plays Zelda clones, it's called "The Legend of Zelda." We just want a darker one, that's all. With Aonuma and his desire to shake up the franchise, I wouldn't be surprised if we get what we want. Well, what I WANT, at least.

It was funny, though.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I know, but your one of the four horsemen, actually two if you play both, how bad *** is that!

939578_1327919624572_full.jpg

Chameleon

Down for maintenance.
I use to like video games when they have a more adult and serious tone. Cheesy cutscenes and upbeat elements just turn me off. Sure, I love good endings and stuff, but I don't really fit into a world where world desctruction is depicted by laughable main characters and an aloof villain such as what (to give an example) Eggman is nowadays. He was so awesome in the Adventure games!
I think Zelda gets away with what Mario, Kirby, and many other Nintendo franchises do not achieve: seriousness (in their main games at least) . And that is why Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess are my favorite games in the series. First of all they are REALISTIC (graphically speaking of course.). And that's very important for me. If you know me you should know by now cell-shaded graphics bore me to death. Apart from visuals, Twilight Princess was epic, and had this sense of despair that just caught me instantly, and Majora's Mask had this surreal elements that left me for days thinking of what was the real meaning behind some areas and cutscenes (the inside of the moon, for instance.) That's a mature element there, something that happens in the game that leaves you scratching your head and wondering what has just happened and what's the meaning behind all this.
I'd certainly love some adult themes on Zelda. Probably adult in the sense of mature elements in the storyline.. more character development, essentially (no gore, no sex, that's for other companies to develop). I'd also like to see some mind screwing. Examples of this in Zelda are (for me at least) the scene where Zant cracks his neck and the inside of the moon, and various other Majora's Mask scenes that leave you thinking about what is the meaning of all that. I would like to see some more of that surrealism.

Last edited:

Ganondork

goo
I'd love Zelda to have some adult themes. I don't mean gore, sex, profanity, etc. though. That's not really in the spirit of the games, and it would ruin the series for me, as well as many others. I don't need another M-rated series in my gaming library, honestly. I have enough of those already. I am far more interested in The Legend of Zelda taking on topics much like was done in Link's Awakening.

It's pretty well known that Link's Awakening is a story of choosing to live in a fantasy, or face the truth and accept death. For this reason, I generally see Link's Awakening as far darker than Majora's Mask or A Link to the Past. Its approach to the topics of life and death are far more subtle than that of the aforementioned Zelda titles, and it was handled better, in my opinion.

The big thing about Link's Awakening was the existentialist concepts that were presented throughout it - absurdism, to name just one. It left me contemplating the game for a very long time when I finally understood it, and seeing something like that again would be fantastic.

I also wouldn't mind tackling topics like faith, as Sir Quaffler mentioned earlier. Death doesn't have to be the only theme within more mature Zelda titles.

Triforce Hermit

Praise the Sun
Blood put in the environment would be all I go for. Example: At the bottom of the Well in OoT in the future, their could be blood on the walls and the bottom on the way down. Gore is unnecessary, nudity would make me never buy another entry ever again, and swearing is also unnecessary. You can get the mature theme through dark and depressing events.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom