• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Will You Play Through the Game and What Will You Name Link?

Beeker

Wild Card
When it comes to the name, I will name him either Link or Beeker, probably the former.
As for how I'll play through the game, I'll do what I usually do. My first run of a Zelda game is usually to just complete the game. I may do some sidequests along the way and get a few upgrades though, but it isn't a hardcore 100% run. I'll do similar things for another few runs, then start getting into the challenges and 100% runs. By then I usually know what's where. :P

Mikepoke101

Just Chilling.
I usually name my character Link, there was one time in Oot where I named him "Zelda", It was a pretty weird experience :P. But that is out of topic. I will probably do it just as a plan play through the first time playing the game, I will collect what I find but will not 100%, my second time through I will probably dig a little deeper to try and get all of the items in the game. :)

Pen

The game is on!
On my very first play through of all Zelda games I name Link Link. Then I might name him something else on my other play throughs. But I will definitely go with Link the first time around.
And I will try to uncover as many secrets as possible, and perhaps I might even 100% the game eventually. I have a very, very good feeling about Skyward Sword, that's why I want to play it 100%!

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
I'm gonna name him Link for the first file, and then for my second file Mom. :lol: The reason I'm gonna name him Mom is because when I first played OoT, my mom made a file before I did, and I just used her's so everyone called me Mom. :lol: Plus its always fun having random people in a video game call you Mom.
If I make a third, probably RL because those are my ZD initials. :P

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
I, will probably and will name it Link. I always make my first file Link, then my other files are just other names like Aero.

How will I play the game? I'm not going to rush it. I'm going to take my time and enjoy every precious new moment of playing it on the first go. I'm going to be all like O._.O (little dots are the nostrils) when I get it and play it for the first time. I'll be all like: "YEAAAAAAH, FINALLY GOT IT ALOIJFDOAWLJOWIEJZN!!!". Or something like that.

Sidequests? Hmm... I usually do them after the game, but if it's a very good reward for it, i'll probably do it.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I always name Link "Link" unless I want it to be a joke account. The joke account is never my first run, though. :p

I'm not a fan of speedruns or minimalist runs -- I tend to go for 100%. I love just messing around with the game and basically do nothing [sometimes]. I really want to make Skyward Sword last as long as it can. There's really no point in waiting for a game for years and then finishing it in as little time as possible, you know? That's just how I feel. :3

So yeah -- I'm gonna enjoy the scenery, listen to the music, pretend to get stuck in dungeons so I can come back to them later... XD

HylianPancake

The Pancake Pokemon
I'll be playing through the game as a normal playthrough, collecting a few goodies here and there. The next time, I'll do a 100% run. Every time I start a Zelda game, I name him Link. I like naming him Link all the time, but sometimes I'll call him something else.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Like a boss.

No, seriously. I'm going to name him Link for sure. I rarely ever choose another name, especially if it's my first playthrough. I will be playing through SS like any other Zelda game: I will walk past most enemies, pick up whatever I want, do whatever I want.

If I choose the name Link it feels as if the NPC's are talking to the Link in game (duh..) but not to me..
I used to enter my own name so it felt as if they are talking to me..
But nowadays I'm more of a fun guy so I choose a name like Ratface or Barbie just to laugh everytime somebody talks to me :)

I will name Link Link like always and try to beat the game by the end of the year. Maybe 100% if I could buy a guide(I doubt there will be a online guide so early). I'm not going to rush through the game, but I'll just be playing it a lot like how people stay up all night reading a book because it's so good. I'll hopefully play it for at least 15 hours a week. I'm really hopeing it comes out in December because there no school for the holidays.

@Man_of_Squid: Sorry, you can't enter that many characters...:(

I

ironicguy58

If I get it, I'll name the character Link, I'll try to get as much as I can, and I will take my time... I just hope I don't get stuck in the first dungeon :lol:

L

Linkmeister

I will name my character link for the first run and I will play slowly to savor the first experience :)

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
A while ago I started a "copy and paste this" thing that said "Copy and paste this into your signature if you swear on the holy Triforce that you will not use a walkthrough for Skyward Sword, at least until the main quest is finished." I plan to uphold that vow, so I will only use a walkthrough (Zelda Dungeon's when it's up) for 100% stuff and never EVER for anything that has to do with the main quest.

Like usual, I will name my character Link. I'll take it slow and steady so I can properly soak in the experience.

G

Goroff

I will name it Jeanot which is my first name, because i think the game is more immersive...and i will play it at a leisurely pace, collecting as much as possible, i usually make my first file a 100% file

Then after putting 60 hours in-ish of fooling around and finally collecting everything and exploring every nook and cranny i will go for a 3 heart speedrun

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
I will name myself Link, and will definitely take my time with the game. I just don't see the point of trying to speed through it, that ruins the experience to me.

"At the end of it all.
gamers play what we play
not for game over.
But rather for what we take away!"

That's a good example of what I mean. Who really cares that you saved the day? That isn't what you came for. You're more along for the ride, so enjoy it- make it last. That why we game in the first place, right?

By the way, what I was quoting there was from a song:
[video=youtube;wBzqOa9y02I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBzqOa9y02I&feature=player_embedded#at=228[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom