• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild How / When did you kill Calamity Ganon?

Quin

Disaster Master
I didn't enter Hyrule Castle until I did most of the things in the game, all beast, 80 or so shrines, a lot of quest, and all regions explored. I wasn't spoiled on anything about Hyrule Castle so when the music kicked in it was a pretty emotional moment for me. Sadly people who just rush to the castle probably miss that moment.

Ninja

Well well well
I actually prepared for the fight. Made sure to get all of the Divine Beasts conquered and the memories/master sword done.

I would have been pissed if I stumbled upon Ganon without having everything as I wanted to save that experience for last.

Calamity Ganon was murdered with savagery to avenge my fish waifu.

I find it very odd that there isn't something like a door to the sanctum, since a lot of people (including me) went into the fight accidentally while collecting stuff from Hyrule castle for sidequests,.

I went into the castle looking for the memory there since I had all the other ones. Was not particularly prepared for anything, and intended to get in, get memory, then get out. Ended up exploring like the entire castle, found the Hylian Shield, saved by Mipha's grace a bunch of times, before finding where the memory was. At this point, I had cleared a handful of guardians out of the castle and was still pretty new to guardian combat, used the ancient arrows I found in the castle on a bunch of them, so to save the effort of trying to brute force my way through again later, I decided to blindly attempt Ganon.

At first I was confused because Fireblight Ganon was the one who greeted me, but I caught on quickly. I managed on my first try, though after Calamity Ganon's second phase, I pretty much resorted to spamming bomb arrows with the Great Eagle Bow. Calamity Ganon's fight was also the first time I ever thought to utilize parrying, since I stopped using shields long before that fight.

I remember staying up 'til like 8 AM because of storming the castle and all that momentum making me go attempt Ganon. I never went back to do the other two Divine Beasts in my first file after beating Ganon without them.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I find it very odd that there isn't something like a door to the sanctum, since a lot of people (including me) went into the fight accidentally while collecting stuff from Hyrule castle for sidequests,.
I mean, there’s a giant glowing dot on the map for a reason...

There’s also the giant wiggling cocoon in the roof of the sanctum even if you weren’t looking at the map, which you can easily see before walking in there.

NintendoCN

Team Captain
I deliberately went for him after getting 20 hearts and the master sword/ Hylian shield combo. I just swam up waterfalls, doing so can skip all the way to the sanctum undetected! I beat him on my second try, having all 4 divine beasts made it go faster.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
First I took care of all the divine beats, then I got the master sword and the Hylian shield. Then looked around for some quality weapons and cooked a ton of food fit for a King's feast. I also got the tunic of twilight set. Finally I used revali's gale to soar past most of the obstacles in Hyrule castle.
Calamity Ganon was harder then dark beast Ganon

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I made sure to do all the other main missions of the game (i.e. divine beasts, memories, and shrines) before I even went near Hyrule Castle(excluding the dock shrine). I was determined to make it feel incredibly epic, stocking up on ancient arrows and making sure my aesthetic was on point. My first time through, I charged up the main road towards Hyrule Castle (not at all realizing there was even an indoor section) and felt incredibly bad ass. It was amazing. I beat Ganon first time through and, although I was a bit disappointed in the lack of difficulty, I really appreciated the cinematic epicness of the Dark Beast Ganon fight.

Because I enjoyed brute strengthing it, I also immediately went back and tried "stealthing" my way through using the docks. That also felt really cool and I appreciate how there was more than one way into the castle.

I got bored of not fighting him after I had the Master Sword, all memories + Divine Beasts done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom