• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Were You Introduced to Zelda?

Tictalk

Anouki
This is my zelda story:
I was born in 1997 so when i was born there were only four zelda games out. On my third birthday i got a gameplay color and links awakening (along with other games). I started to play it, but being three years old, I only beat one dungeon and then I got confused. Fast forward to 2006. I was going through some old stuff and I found links awakening again so i started playing it, but I only beat 2 dungeons then I stopped. In 2009 I got legend of zelda Phantom Hourglass for Christmas cuz my parents had heard that it was a good series. I played for 2 month straight and I loved it. I eventually beat it, my first zelda game completed, but I didn't think to look in to the series. In summer 2010 I bought a nintendo 64 because I was really in to retro games. That Christmas I got Majoras mask along with other n64 games and played it until i beat it in spring 2011. I borrowed Spirit tracks from my friend and bought OoT (n64) in the same week and beat both before summer break. Now, being quite in to the legend of zelda I ordered four swords adventures on ebay and then I was introduced to zeldadungeon.net. While waiting for FSA in the mail I picked up Links awakening again and beat it after having it for 11 years. I had gotten a 3ds earlier in the summer and heard about the ambassador program and that i would get the original LoZ so I was excited. FSA came in the mail and i happily played and beat that. When I got LoZ AoL and FS I played all of them (haven't beat AoL yet). Since then I have started playing Tp, MC (ambassadors), and SS.
Whats your story? Was my story interesting?

for my 7th or 8th Bday , my parent got me a nintendo 64 with de super mario 64 and and the legend of zelda ocarina of time from that time to now i never stop playing the zelda games, it was probably the freedom of the game that i like in the frist place. cuz i was not much of a good player for solving egnima but time past and the brain also hehe.. so igot realy good at solving puzzle and logic stuff and the zelda games are so full of them... now i am planning to finish all the game of the zelda series ...one game at a time... :D

My grandparents had bought me my first gaming system...it was a Gameboy Color pack that came with Link's Awakening DX. Yeah buddy!

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
a lot of my friends were able to get games as they were released but i wasn't so a lot of my friends raved about Ocarina of Time. once they had moved on to other stiff i FINALLY got it and my obsession was born

I was first Introduced to Zelda on the Nintendo . I had saw my Dad play it looked really good (which it was awesome!) I pick it up and play and then I would spend weekend playing none stop. He also had AOL but I didn't play that as much when I was young because it was just to hard for at that age lol ( It's still a little hard for me lol)

T

Tetraisawesome

The first time I saw anyone play zelda, was when i was 3 years old, and I saw my dad playing Ocarina of Time, I sat there and watched him play the whole game, I thought it looked good, and so a couple years later, I decided to try it.

zombiegamer723

The Hylian Zombie
SSBM.
When I bought a Gamecube, it came bundled with Melee, and I fell in love with it. After messing with all the characters for a while, I became particularly fascinated with Link. I became very interesting in playing the Zelda series, and a while later, I picked up Ocarina of Time/Master Quest (Gamecube) at Gamestop.
I was horrible at it. I got stuck in the Deku Tree for ages, the simplest of enemies kicked my butt, and it took me forever to get anywhere. But one day, after an embarrassing number of deaths, I got the Master Sword. From Zelda's escape, to witnessing the changes 7 years later, I became absolutely hooked on the series. I started playing the other games, starting with The Wind Waker. It took me a while to really get into it (stupid Forsaken Fortress...), but once I did, I was hooked.

ArcherPanda

Level 611 Archer
I think my dad just bought a Link to the Past and I tried it, but I wasn't sure if I liked it when I first played it. It wasn't until the release of Ocarina of Time on the 64 that I really got into Zelda.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I'm older than the Zelda series (not by much, tho, just a couple of years) and the first gaming device we owned in the household was an Amstrad machine which had games on tapes. But when I was around nine, I think, my older sister (she was mid-teen at the time) and I split the cost on the NES which happened to be on sale at that time. It was probably my sister's idea, because I don't remember ever seeing a nintendo product before in my life. At first we only had the super mario bros game that came with it, and occasionally we borrowed games from a neighbour and at least once we rented games from a video game rental in town.

That was how I got introduced to gaming, but for some weird reason it was not when I got introduced to Zelda. I don't think anyone I knew had any of the old Zelda games. Cut to five years later and still the only gaming console I have is the NES. My sister eventually asked if I wanted to buy her share of it and I accepted, after all, I was the one who bought the games anyway. It was the year before I was due to have my confirmation, and a friend of mine had told me about the new nintendo machine (the N64) and how she planned to buy one with her confirmation money (at least over here it's pretty usual to receive mostly money presents at confirmations and we get a day off school right after where we get to shop for said money - I swear it's true). After listening to her talk about it, I wanted one, too, and decided I would do the same as her when I had my confirmation the following year. However at the end of that summer by a stroke of luck I got in touch with a couple of girls at the beach who were around my age, they had to leave early because they had work, I got a bit intrigued cause I didn't realize kids my age could get jobs of our own. They shared with me the phone number for their boss, so I called and the woman let me have a go at it. I did really well and started working regularly, putting aside money. Eventually I had enough to buy it and it was the proudest moment in my life at that point, because I got to do it with money I had earned on my own. I still cherish my N64 to this day for that very reason.

I had one neighbour who also had a N64, and he was the one who ended up introducing me to Zelda, by lending me his copy of OoT. At first I was a bit confused on what to do, where to go, and I'm pretty sure he showed me where to get the first sword and shield, but eventually I got the hang of it myself and I absolutely loved it. I think I ended up buying it pretty quickly after. And then I found MM and bought it simply because it was a Zelda game. I really enjoyed MM, too, even though the 3 day time limit drove me insane. Then I saw the trailer for WW and I got really disappointed by the kiddie look (I also had a similar reaction to the new GameCube Mario game) and I decided not to get the GameCube. Instead I just played the N64 games over and over again.

I did try out other consoles as well. I owned a PSone for a brief time, but after getting an X-box and deciding for myself that three gaming consoles were one too many (plus I barely played the PSone anyway) I sold the PSone. Then there were two new console releases (probably three, but ever since I sold the PSone, I had no interest in any of the PS consoles) - the Wii and the 360. Originally my plan was to get the wii first, cause it was new and exciting and the 360 seemed like it would be very similar to what I already had with the x-box. But by then I had gotten hooked on a game called Fable and there was another Fable to be released on the 360 - so I ended up upgrading my 360 first.

Eventually tho when I stumbled onto a pretty decent price for the wii, and I had enough money to spare, I bought it. I had tried TP at my ex's house just briefly, so I knew I was gonna enjoy it. And I did, I really did.

Playing TP reawakened my love for Zelda and I got curious to find out more about this series. And with the wii not only being backwards compatible with gamecube and having older titles available through VC, I suddenly had access to a lot more than I could ever hope for. I can't say I've tried a lot of older titles. I've played WW and FSA just a little bit (will play more eventually), and tried aLttP just briefly (might give it a second chance further down the line).

Then I found out about the re-release of OoT for 3DS - and for the first time ever I got interested in buying a handheld console. I've never owned a gameboy or a DS before or any other handheld system. It seemed a bit pricey, but while I was on my way home from vacation I spotted a deal at the terminal which would save me over a third of the cost compared to the price in the stores at home, and having money left over I went for it. Of course it was still over a month left until the release of OoT, so in the meantime I bougt ST and despite being a bit annoyed by the stylus controls at first the game really, really grew on me. I've also bought PH, I just haven't had time to play it yet. Now I'm focusing on SS, and I'm waiting for my console to be registered for the GBA programme (I was a bit slow to register my console with the eShop - about six months after I originally bought it) - I've bought LA, downloaded the free FS game and I look forward to downloading LoZ, AoL & MC. I really thought I had lost the chance to play the older handheld titles, but now it looks like I'm gonna get to play most of them (if only they can release OoX as well in the eShop...)

I just hope I find the time to play all of these games, lol

Watching my older brother play A Link to the Past is what got me into the series. At the time I thought ALttP was the first Zelda ever. This is only because I was around 3 years old. What's odd is it kinda started off as an alternative to Super Mario, since I couldn't play that game for the life of me (far too difficult). lol

When I was six, my parents gave me an N64 for Christmas. It came with Donkey Kong 64 and Star Wars: Rogue Squadron. One day I was looking through my local Gamestop, and I saw Majora's Mask. I thought it looked really cool, so I bought it. That game sparked an obsession that will never die. Shortly after, I bought Ocarina of Time, then Oracle of Seasons, and I don't really remember past that. MM and OoT are still my favorite games ever, though ALttP comes close.

A friend once told me about the story and the game, I got interested so he let me play his game cube version of Oot Master Quest, since the I just fell in love with the game, I've been playing it ever since!!!

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
When I was 13, I was walking through the video game isle of a Best Buy, and I spotted Phantom Hourglass. It looked interesting to me so I asked my mom if I could buy it. She said yes, so after that we went home, and I started playing it. And I have never once looked back. I've been a Zelda fan ever since.

Ocarina of Time was my first.
I believe I got my N64, and Ocarina of Time for my birthday, and I immediately fell in love with it.
Been hooked on Zelda ever since. :3

I got ALttP when I was so young and I instantly fell in love with just about everything about it, which is significant, considering I had a lot of other franchises, that were also amazing (Megaman X, Donkey Kong Country [1, 2 & 3], Super Mario All-Stars and Turtles in Time) but for some reason Zelda stood tall above them all. Ever since then I have bought every Zelda I could within budget limits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom