• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How to Save Your Progress in Super Metroid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
I downloaded Super Metroid for the Virtual console. I'm not sure how it saves. Does it save after every mission or do you manually save?

L

lemsklex

I'm not sure. For me it seems everytime I press the home button to exit and return to the Wii Menu, it saves right there, right where I pressed the home button. Actually, it does that for every SNES game I have, but not for any others.
Does anyone else have this problem?

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Hmm...it's been a while since I've played Super Metroid, but I seem to recall that you go into Samus's ship in order to save your progress.

You can save two ways: going to Samus's ship, or by finding save stations. Alternatively, since its downloaded onto your Wii, you can just press the "Home" button on the Wii Remote and then press "Wii Menu" to interrupt save.

Going to Samus's ship will restore all your Energy and your Missiles and other perishable items. Using a save station will not restore Energy or ammunition. However, there are also Missile Stations and Energy Stations in other areas, as well.

I'm not sure. For me it seems everytime I press the home button to exit and return to the Wii Menu, it saves right there, right where I pressed the home button. Actually, it does that for every SNES game I have, but not for any others.
Does anyone else have this problem?
The interrupt save is only allowed for NES and SNES games, and maybe the other games for other systems except the Nintendo 64 games. The interrupt save also works for Wii Ware games.
The other systems are:
Neo-Geo
Master System
Sega Genesis
Commodore 64

I may be missing some, but the four mentioned above, I have no idea whether an interrupt save is allowed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom