• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Often Do You Feel Stressed?

I'm feeling stressed quite a lot recently, which is new for me because Im not really a person who gets stressed but the last few months have really gotten to me to the extent that now the slightest things rub me the wrong way. So, how often do you feel stressed, does it take a lot or is it easy to rub you the wrong way?

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Holy crap you have no idea.

I don't always feel stressed, but when I do, I'm worse than a woman PMSing. I will literally cuss up a storm to my parents faces and quite often when I'm super stressed, I end up drinking tons of caffeinated beverages which results in practical insanity. Basically I go nuts over tiny things for a couple hours, then either crash or get super depressed. Either way, it resolves itself pretty easily, which is nice when it does cause my anger when I am super stressed is pretty bad.

Lately I've been more stressed because I am the captain of an FTC robotics team and my duties are expansive and tough and I have to make sure that we keep winning, which can be hard at times.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I'm constantly stressed, more specifically during school. My stress comes from looming deadlines, tests/quizzes, homework, you name it and it gives me stress. It's unfortunate, but it happens.

Kazumi

chagy
Generally speaking I'm a fairly laid-back person over most things, but if I have a lot of worked piled on me (which lately I have had), then yeah I can get pretty stressed out. However, I feel like that's a natural reaction.

When I do get stressed, I like to relax with some green tea, relaxing Drum and Bass or other chill music, care-free comedy/harem anime, or some Just Cause 2. Those things work particularly well.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
More often than not. Unfortunately stress seems to have become a bit of a pandemic as of late in particular.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I feel stress when I get bothered constantly or when I have to do a heavy and hard job around the house. It's a headache having stress. I also get stress for being in the house all day doing nothing.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I very rarely get stressed. Whenever I find myself worrying about something, I think about the joy I have and how it will remain no matter the outcome of the object of my worry. When I feel out of control, I know that God is in control and he always has and always will look after me. Some of my favorite lyrics, from "A Time And A Place" by Phil Keaggy express this far better than I ever could.

Have you considered the sparrows up above?
They do not sow, they do not reap
And yet your Heavenly Father feeds them
And his love for you is much more deep

[...]

Said the robin to the sparrow:
I would really like to know
Why these anxious human beings
Rush about and worry so

Said the sparrow to the robin:
Friend I think that it must be
That they have no Heavenly Father
Such as cares for you and me

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I get stressed quite easily and usually by my family just doing stupid or pointless things.

Seriously, I never used to be bothered by some of the small things people around me do but as the years have gone on my willingness to tolerate the ridiculous things my mum or brother do has faded significantly. These are undeniably really small issues but they build up. Like, every single day, my brother and I have this conversation:

Him: Chris?!
Me: What?
Him: Are you in?
Me: ... Yes.

The way my mum puts the dishes in the sink, fills it with water and then twaddles off and leaves them. The dog (God, I hate the fudging dog). The way no one ever empties the bins. The way my brother takes the last of something (biscuits for instance) and then puts the empty packet back in the cupboard. The way the pipe on our toilet is so small that it clogs up every fudging time I use it. The way my mum has never once called my name without saying "Jame- I mean, Chris!" in 22 years. The way my mum will shout me down only to ask me to get her something from upstairs. The way my brother constantly puts empty bottles and cardboard in the regular bin and not the recycling despite the fact he works for a recycling firm and knows exactly what can and cannot be recycled .

God, I know I sound like a whiney snot right now but seriously, these things and more happen everyday and over time it just builds up and drives me up the wall. Stresses me out, living with people.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Oh cripes, Cfrock. I know how ya feel man. Some people might consider the little things petty. Just minor disturbances that can be easily ignored in the grand scheme of things. But ya know what? I can handle the larger, more serious issues. I mean, they're gonna happen so ya kinda have to. Heck it's character building I'd say. But do we really need all the small, petty issues too? Ain't it bad enough we gotta deal with the big things, we gotta put up with all the minor annoyances as well? I don't mind a few big deals every now and then, but the multitude of all the same old little aggravations day in and out really add up after a very short while, don't they?

... and then continue on incessantly.

but that's life it seems... learn from it and grow

I've been stressed for about 9 years in a row now. To the point where sometimes I'll just randomly think about bad things and start crying. Not much fun.

Lamphobic

The Brony
I cannot in current memory remember any time that I have been stressed. Current memory only encompasses about 5-ish years though.

I just let things roll over me or past be or by me. If it doesn't bother me or I can't do anything about it then why should I be stressed?

On a similar topic MANY things irritate me.

When I can't find my pen and then I find it in my hair

But seriously about every single day, about everything, and every conversation.

But eh, I'll get over it

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
I feel stressed some what, maybe because I'm a teen, but it's more of a tension between me and my parents. it comes and goes. However, I feel much more tired, Jazz band at 6:45 in the morning and baseball everyday really tire you out.

bunny

birb overlord
Usually like once a week. If it isn't from school, it's probably from something that happened at home or some drama that somehow sneaked it's way into my life. I don't get stressed out very much, but it does happen.

octorok74

TETTAC
Very rarely. I mainly attribute it due to the fact that I can find simple things to enjoy and make it all go away. I have a great group of XBL friends that have my back. I just let everything go, like water off a duck's back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom