• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Many Times in Your Live Did You Move? And What Do You Like/dislike About Moving?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I moved 3 times in my life so that's not a huge lot. FORTUNATELY!
What do I like about moving:
The new place and to check things out. To check my stuff and order/arrange it and to stumble upon things I forgot a long time ago.

What do I dislike:
I dislike the packing stuff and the mess you have to clean up behind you ( :P )
I also dislike it when you have to unpack everything and do all the wallpaper work, painting etc.
Maybe I'm more the move out and move in and drop my things person :P

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I've only moved twice, but I was still near my old friends and still went to the same school, so it wasn't bad at all. Our house was a lot nicer too, and had a lot of backyard space (so my dad built a basketball court back there).

One thing I disliked about moving into our current place: The previous owners LOVED wallpaper. My mom hated it. Bringing down all that wallpaper was a hassle and a half...

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Five major moves. I'm glad to purge what we don't need and donate it, but we have so. many. fragile. things. Packing and unpacking is a major pain.

I've had to move wayyy more times than a person should have to.. Ever since my family started (before even I was here), it has been estimated we've moved more than 50 times! (Although that may be an exaggeration, idk. It's still more than 25 though...).
I like: the new place and having a new start/arranging things again.
I hate: Packing/lifting things. Losing friends.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I've only moved twice, which was out of my family's big house, and then out of the flat I was in with the boyfriend since it just absorbed our entire wallets. And, there wasn't really anything I didn't like about it. I mean, I loved starting new and re-decorating, it was fun! I'd say setting everything up again is annoying. Getting the Internet going here was a pain because BT is ran by monkeys, I swear, and stuff like that.

But, quite painless other than that. :)

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I've moved three times however I was very young at the time the house I live in currently is the same house I've lived in since I was three... However come September it's time to go to University so I'll be moving out then.

Ghirahimiscool

Cucco Butt
I've moved 3 times. I don't know if I like anything about moving. What I dislike is that it takes a long time to get where I'm moving to.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I've only moved once in my life, but I was too young to remember it. After I was born, I lived with my parents and my grandmother in my grandmother's house. When I was 18 months old, my parents bought a house of their own and we moved out of my grandmother's house. We've lived there ever since. Like I said, I was too young to remember the move, so I can't really answer the part about liking or disliking it.

MW7

I moved twice in my life, and each time I would rather have not moved. On the bright side I never moved further than 10 miles, but this also raises the point that none of the moves were totally necessary. Each time I liked the novelty of living in a new place for about a year and then I got tired of it. I didn't like the hassle of moving all your stuff, and every time I moved I was really starting to like where I was currently living.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I've moved once when I was like 18 months old (coincidence Az?) and haven't moved since then. I can't say I know that I moved - all I hear is stories from my older brother and parents. So, I can't say that I like/dislike moving.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I've moved four times that I personally remember, but five times total (once when I was an infant).

What do I like about moving? I like finding old things- it's always sorta neat when you find something that you haven't seen in years. And then I like throwing those things away (when I'm able, I'll get to that). I don't like to hold onto things I don't actually need. It's nice not to.

What I don't like about moving is having to move all sorts of stuff. Especially if its furniture and other "sentimentals" that my mom doesn't want to throw away. Also, I want to emphasize the I.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Oh, god. Can I even remember all of them?

I moved from Mesa, Arizona to Bellefontaine, Ohio when I was a few months old. Then I moved from Bellefontaine, Ohio to Marysville, Ohio (I don't remember how old I was). Then I moved from Marysville, Ohio to Chandler, Arizona a little after my parents got divorced. Then I moved from Chandler, Arizona to Gilbert, Arizona. I had one more move that lands me in my current house that's still in Gilbert, Arizona.

So, if I got them all, I've moved 5 times. I've lived in 2 different states and 5 different cities.

What I hate about moving is moving schools. It's not fun being the new kid at school. I also hated moving from one side of the country to the other because of the cultural differences and all that.

I don't exactly recall every move, but I think my current total is something like 12 or 13 different houses. And moving sucks. There are no redeeming factors. It just sucks all the time.

Oh yeah, I also get to look forward to moving again pretty soon. Yay. Moving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom