• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild How Many Species of Enemies Would You Like to See in ZeldaU

There are many many Zelda enemies in the universe, as you'd expect after 25 years and 16 games but not many enemies show up in one game at a time. for example Wind Waker and Twilight Princess felt a little shallow on the types of enemies present in the games.

So, with the WiiU and ZeldaU on the way which hopefully promises to be a long and deeply intricate game, how many different species/types would you like to see in WiiU and how many is too many?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
How many different, individual species of enemies would I like to see in ZeldaU? Well, there's a shifty number, but I'd like to see at the very least around sixty (60) different enemies. Not palette swaps with added buffs, not boss-variants of normal enemies...just sixty different enemy types.

How many is too many? Well it depends. How big (physically) will ZeldaU be? How long? If the game is a small game (say the size of OoT or SS), I don't think 60 different enemy types would mesh well. If the game is too short, then there wouldn't be any progression from enemy to enemy. The counter needs to match up with the size and length, in my opinion.

octorok74

TETTAC
I would like to see a lot. With a game hopefully as awesome as Zelda U, you can have a lot of areas and place enemies into the areas that suit them. This game should be big and so I think the enemy variety should be big. And I would like to ave a fight in a dungeon with a Darknut and Iron Knuckle at the same time, especially since they both have different tactics to bring them down. And bring back the octoroks, and not those supposed octoroks that SS had. I mean OoT style octoroks, the good ones.Or some classic octoroks.

LANZZ

Scarecrow
I like enemies in The Legend of Zelda series, and I want a lot of enemies (maybe around 80) to be appears in this game. No matter they are new or old enemies from previous games...

Deeds

no text
I'd like to see a lot of species, don't care if they're from previous games, or if they're original. I'd like to see loads. Can't give a number, because I'm never accurate with numbers, just a lot.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Am not sure on the actual figure but I would like to see a lot of enemies in the next Zelda installment...

However I would also like to see more depth to the enemies, varied attack, tougher enemies, variations of enemies, I mean like the same enemy type but an upgraded version like the Lizalfos in Twilight Princess! Also I would love if we got to know some background information on some enemies, you know.... Give them a story, a background!

But back on subject I think the more enemies the better, this will make encounters seem less boring as in some Zelda games you will encounter the same enemy time and time again and use the same method to kill them, which makes it very repetitve....cough cough Skyward Sword :/

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
Well, if they used to many types of enemies I feel like it would most likely dumb the game down a bit. They should use more then they did in The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, of course, as long as they didn't go overboard with it. I don't know if it's just me, but I would honestly hate having 13 different types attacking me at once, so I guess my reasoning is more of a "it's all about me thing".

I want a lot of different enemies in Zelda Wii U as A Link to the Past had over 100 enemies which gave the game variety. These can include new enemies or classic enemies. For what species of enemies do I want? That would have to be Traps! This can include the Spiked Roller (Favorite Enemy), Blade Traps, and the Twomps/Thwimps seen in LA and OoS. Skyward Sword didn't have that much traps (Blade Traps and Beamos) which gravely made me sad, but Nintendo can change that!!!

What I don't want is a repeat of the situation with Skyward Sword-less enemies but more variations of the same enemy. I'd much rather have more enemies and only one type of each.

An amount roughly equal to the enemy species in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask would saisfy me. I don't believe there should be too much otherwise development is lacking. Roughly 50 different enemies sounds right.

TheFlakeyOne

More Flakes in Every Bite
I want lots of enemies, more akin to what we saw in OoT and Twilight Princess. There just weren't enough in Skyward Sword, and making elemental versions just didn't cut it. I don't want 5 more types of those spitting toads, I want more enemies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom