• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Many of You Thought That Link Was Named Zelda at First?

Did you think that Link was named Zelda at first?

• Yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
A

Apple of Wisdom

Guilty. It wasn't after I saw "Links Crossbow Training" I realized it. Then I forgot, got Phantom Hour Glass and named him after me. Once my friend brought over Ocarina of Time she told me once again it was Link. Then again, after Phantom Hour Glass and Ocarina of Time I started to increase interest in "The Legend of Zelda". And now here I am. xD And yes, I went back and restarted Phantom Hour Glass as Link.

I did think his name as "Link" was funny though. I just assumed it was because he was supposed to be the player or something. But that is something debatable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Earthtemple

The Windfish's Therapist
I didn't because I played super smash bros. long before any Zelda title. When my friend came over with Ocarina for the first time, I knew he was called Link.

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
Honestly, I've never thought his name was Zelda. The first Zelda game I got to play was the first one, but I was too young. I was finally able to read a little big once I started playing Link's Awakening. Due to the name of that game, I've always known Link's name was, well, Link. :P

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Well I was 1 the first time I knew about Zelda (game series, not name or character) and I called him Link right when I could talk :P . So, I was calling him Link before I even knew what I was saying.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
Honestly, yes, I did think that Link was named "Zelda." Since I was about 5-6, I've played Majora's Mask. It was the only Zelda game I had played at that time and Zelda only had a small cameo in that game. I assumed Link's name was Zelda because he seemed nameless and there didn't seem to be anyone in the game with the name Zelda.

In grade 3, I found out that many of my friends were also Zelda lovers. We were going to play a game where we pretended to be characters or something like that. I said that I wanted to be Zelda and they said "You want to be a girl...?" I told them that Zelda was a boy and that he was the main character but they corrected me and I felt pretty stupid because by that time I had already played much of MM, OoT and possiblly TWW and didn't even know the main character's name.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
*raises hand*

Yes, I admit I was one of those people who thought Link was Zelda at first. But of course the first Zelda game that I had played was LoZ and no one had told me that his name was actually Link until ALttP had come around. I remember thinking that his name was Zelda whenever I was playing LoZ, but boy was I wrong! :xd:

I started playing Zelda games when I was really young... maybe 6 or 7. So yes, back then I legit thought the little green guy on my Game Boy screen was Zelda. Having Princess Zelda not show up anywhere in LA didn't really help though... It wasn't until OoT that I figured it out.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
Nope. Always knew he was Lionk for some reason. Always corrected people when I was younger. Started some fights in Daycare Lol. "No his name is Zelda!" "Then who the heck is the chick with the actual name Zelda?!" "Oooh".

L

lemsklex

I did. For like 3 years. I didn't learn he was named Link until my older brother asked me why I had named Link "Zelda" on my Wind Waker file. I just figured since it was the Legend of ZELDA, the main character's name should be ZELDA. Like Super MARIO Sunshine. But then again I was like 5 then.

Jedizora

:right:
Well... I used to think that toon link's name was link, and that link nam was zelda. I thought that toon link was his regular non-fighting form, and link is his fighting form. I didn't know until I read the article in nintendo power that I origanally saw the charecters in.

My friend things Link is not in zelda games because the only zelda game he has ever played is link's crossbow training. He things that is a "link" game not a zelda game.

Actually, i never did. the first time i even HEARD of the Loz series was in SSBM, so i always knew he was called link. it's funny, the only characters i heard of before SSBM was mario and pokemon. but by now, i've played at least one game with almost all of the characters ( except for marth, roy, and Mr. Game and Watch)

Ye i did when i played my botw my first zelda game Although it was only for a few seconds that i thought it was zelda cuz zelda is calling the name link soooo ye

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom