• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Long Have You Stayed Up?

S

~SongOfStorms

I'm no good at staying up late. I think the latest i've ever stayed up is untill 3 am. I'm usually in bed by about 10pm xD

S

Sage of Wind

I once stayed up all night playing Final Fantasy 9 but usually I'm in bed at some point between 12 and 2 depending on how tired I am :lol:

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Last night I was up until about 1:30, and last weekend I was up until about 2-ish. That was the longest I've been up in quite a long time.
I know that I'm not much of a night person or a morning person.

You guys are all pretty impressive, staying awake for days. The best I've ever managed to do was stay awake until about 3-4 A.M. at a sleepover. And then I was woken up two hours later. *groans*

Usually, if I don't have to go to school the next day, I stay up until about 11 P.M. to 1 A.M. on average, waking up at 8-9 A.M.. There is a scientific reason behind this - when you become a teenager, your body's sleep patterns change and you naturally fall asleep later and wake up later.

Also, I remember when my brother got Civilization IV, and stayed up almost all night playing it. Apparently he couldn't remember when he went to bed. He also pulled an all-nighter trying to finish a uni assignment. Coffee helped with that one.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Well, a few months ago, I was at a Sleep-Over at my friend's house with three other friends.
We sat up talking and playing the Wii and our DS' to about 11 PM, afterwhich, we got tired, went to the kitchen, had a drink of juice, then went to bed.

We sat up talking to about 3 am. And eventually, we all fell asleep.

That was one of the times that I can remember, but after some talking to friends, I rememberd this;

It was in August, and I was staying at another friend's house.
We had went to the swimming pool that day, so by the time we got to his house, we were already pretty tired.
We decided that we would stay up playing Pokemon, go on the internet, and talk. Eventually, we both got tired, and we decided to call it a night.

My friend fell asleep within about ten minutes, but I couldn't fall asleep. I tried playing tricks on my friend to resolve my boredom, but still no sleep. :(

I lay awake until about 5 am, and then, I began to fall asleep....that was until, the birds started squaking! :mad:
I covered my ears, fell asleep, and woke up like a bear about 2 hours later.

If I ever stay up late, I wake up extremely grouchy the next morning. I'm not a morning person at all.

Another of these events was when my school decided to take a trip to Scotland. we had to get up at 5 AM in the morning, go to school and get the bus to the airport. Suprisingly, I wasnt grouchy that morning.
The world is quite peaceful at 5 AM. But in saying that, I took a few 30 minute naps on the way there and back.

But, all was not well. The trip was not very fun. But I enjoyed it despite everything else.

But, getting back to the topic at hand, the longest I have stayed up is probably to about 5 AM to 6 AM in the morning.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Have I posted in this thread? I don't know... Anyway, the longest I have ever stayed up was 76 hours. As Zeruda stated, once you pass the 24 hour mark, it's not all that bad. I'd rather not do it again though. Really really long days are boring.

dumb180

Warrior Postman
When it comes to video games, online multiplayers and the like, I have an addictive personality. I'll sacrifice sleep just to enjoy them for a little longer.

I don't remember which game it was (probably a Final Fantasy or Zelda), but I stayed up for four days playing it. Alas, I still had to go to work each day, so I enriched myself with massive amounts of caffeine. Like someone else said, it's really not so bad after that first 24-27 hour period. I personally find that I get 'in the zone' after long periods of sleep deprivation, in which I have some really.. unique thoughts. Stuff I've never thought of before.

Anywho, the short answer is four days.

Kazumi

chagy
Well. Let me see. I've stayed up for about two days straight once. But lately I've been getting sleepier a lot earlier then I used to. I don't really know why. I don't find staying up late all that much of an achievement. But maybe that's just me.

Yeeears ago me and my brother played NHL 1997 all nights long. Very often we didn't sleep until other folks woke up in the morning.

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
I used to me mildly insomniac, and couldn't sleep at night, for a few months my general sleeping pattern was 5am-middayish. It sucked so badly though, and even though I struggle to sleep these days its a whole lot better than that was.

Have I posted in this thread? I don't know... Anyway, the longest I have ever stayed up was 76 hours. As Zeruda stated, once you pass the 24 hour mark, it's not all that bad. I'd rather not do it again though. Really really long days are boring.

Where as I'm useless at the 24 hour mark.
At that stage I get angry at the drop of a hat, don't really talk all that much, and sooner or later, it gets to the stage that the next time I sit down or lie down, i'm out like a light near instantly.

Apple

Crazy Cookie
Over 24 hours, I know that. Usually during the summer I will stay up until 4 or 5 AM, maybe 6. During the school year usually until 10 or 11.

P

pahurtgen

I have been awake in past for over 48 hours - and that's no joke! What effect does that have on you? Well, I can't remember where I was or what I did...

zeldusfanaticus

im the puppet master
the longest i ve syayed up is about a week, i used to wander the house at night to keep myself occupied.
and if i stay up too late i get the giggles and from descriptions i act like im super wasted.

Some facts about sleep.

lack of sleep will cause halucinations and can cause serious health problems, so GO TO SLEEP ON TIME

M

Mehzmerize

lol 10pm? you must be a youngster
The longest I've stayed up for is 4 days straight lol

and no that isn't a normal occurrence for me, it was a one time thing

I haven't been staying up lately because I work in the mornings but when I can I usually stay up till around midnight - 3am

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom