• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Long Have You Stayed Up?

B

Badwolf47

I personally Have pulled an all nighter and then once it was morning I fell asleep! lol

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Well, last month on my trip, I stayed awake all night (kinda coming and going, but never really asleep) then when morning came, we were allowed to go to sleep. That way we could get used to being 4.5 hours earlier. Then, I didn't get to bed until like 1 in the morning.

But before that the latest I stayed up was until about 10 in the morning. Ugh.

Nepolink

Corrupted Idiot
During my night shift i have to stay up till 7:15AM. :xd:
But my times are really different, every week i start another time. If i have the normal dayshift i stay awake till 23:00. The others are from the late times.

Normally in the weekends i stay awake till 5:00AM, can be earlier and later too. 5:00 is the avarage. I am kind of a night person, i hate to live in the mornings.

Keats

The Most Interesting Man
Once, with the use of caffeine pills, I stayed up for seventy-two hours. By that point, I was so far gone that I couldn't hold a coherent conversation and found everything to be hilarious.

I also did this during the school week, so things were... eventful.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I've gone like 3 consequetive days without sleep. I usually never go to sleep. But eventually I fall asleep. But that's the summer. I don't know how early I'm gonna be falling asleep once school starts.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
i am betting you have not gone craze like i have *mouth foams* i have gone for a month without any sleeping... eeeyahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! now that fawful/cackletta hour is over with i am having insomnia as i am writing this post (it is very difficult to be turning off my fawful speak) and the most i have ever been staying awake is *brain implosion* 48 hours!!!!!!!! jnkjbxzvdkfxnvkmdkcvnkjnfxckdzmgnvncjkznvkfzmxbnjkndx,b n,nd vbndfxnmbnkjfgdkjhgbnkjgfndknhb cvkmgfcnbjkgbfnbbndjkgfnbdgdkjnfsgvnkjnbjukbjvngfbgfbkgrnfbjksndkbngfv

Last edited:

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
The Longest i Stayed up is a week with No sleep. AtSummer

i was reading HArry Potter books one to seven during that time.(I made a bet with my sister, if i win i get 100 bucks and 2000 Wii points, if i lose i give her my Wii) i stopped at the 6th day then played and finished some Zelda games(ALttP, LA and LoZ Original) then after i ate my meal i fell asleep hitting my face on the plate.:lol:

you can imagine the reactions of my Family, Sheer laughter. they even posted this at youtube...for a few days then deleted it. I was laughed at by people who watched the video but it was worth it.

Claire

The Geekette
I'm not a fan of staying up for days, even though, I have before. When I went to Scotland in 2005, I was so excited to see everything that I hardly took the time to sleep. I had went about 2 days without sleeping then, which was probably the longest I've ever went. I have spent a day awake before, and probably will do it again when I'm very busy or have to in order to do something (Tom and I stayed up all night waiting at Best Buy to obtain the Legend of Zelda DS Lite bundle).

I'm a night owl though, I love to be awake at nighttime, and so I tend to stay up until the wee hours of the morning quite frequently. I usually stay awake (the longest in a day) until 3:00 or 4:00 AM.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
My longest was about 48 hours. I was working to meet a huge deadline some time ago and just kept at it. I sort of ended up moving beyond a point where I was at a need for sleep and just entered a zombified state of awake but dreary. When I finally went to bed, it was at about 6am. I passed my father on the way upstairs. He said "Good morning," as I said "Good night"!

Most days I stay up until 1am, but I can stay up all night... The longest I have gone without sleep was 4 days, and on the 5th day, I fell asleep eating lunch. When I woke up I had Mac and Cheese in my hair.

Funny, once you hit over 24hrs, it's a little easier to stay awake.

Thats the truth... May 1st, ya know the one that just passed. I was up over 28 hours... I worked the grave shift (11pm to 7am), hadnt been able to sleep really other then a 2 hour nap before hand, because of night classes, and that morning I had another class. During that class, I got a text message, one of my pals had a baby, so naturally I went and saw her in the hospital, and stayed a while. On my way home, (I had been up for 24 hours at this point, just beginning to get my second wind) I was stopped at a red light and a SUV plowed into my car, damaging it pretty heavily.

Took another hour to get all the information... license, insurance, vehicle information... yada yada yada...

Then I got home and the real fun began... my laptop was trapped in my trunk, and rain water was leaking in... the trunk wouldnt open because of how the vehicle hit me, it smashed my trunk, and made the key not work.

So we spent the next few hours removing the back seat of my car, so that we could save my lappy from water damage, fortunatly my backpack had protected it :) and then I had to call the insurance company and file my claim.

Longest day of my life, I remember being so happy when I finally got to lay down in bed... Heck I deserved it.

^ I take it you're young?

The longest I have ever stayed up is something like 3am. No, it wasn't Chirstmas, a Birthday, or any special event, and no, I didn't have insomnia. I was just really bored. Playing on my computer all night. I eventually fell asleep without even noticing. Though I'm only 11. I want to stay awake for 24 hours some time.
I really have no idea how anyone can do that and have fun! I did it twice, and I felt terrible around noon the day after, both times. I was really grouchy, easily irritated, and felt sleep-deprived. It wasn't fun. :(

The longest I usually stay up is about 11:00 on school nights, and maybe 12:00-1:00 on weekends. What's stupid is that I've been waking up at the early hours in the morning recently (4:00-5:00-ish), which means I might start going to bed earlier, which will be really hard for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom