• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild How hard is that DLC hard mode gonna be?

Breath of the Wild already looks tough, let's count the one hit kills i've seen:

Blue bokoblins
Steppe Talus
Fire
Bombs
Large drops
Lizalfos
Lightning
Every Guardian ever

Missing a jump and landing in freezing water kills you pretty fast...

There'll be a lot more that we havent seen too and then there's the hard mode DLC on top...

How much harder can this game be? Maybe everything in the mode is a one hit kill?
Maybe.... i dont know, i cant imagine this game being harder than it already seems to be. Its such a weird notion to even see a Game Over screen in a Zelda game, especially as much as we have already.

So, how much harder is this hard mode gonna be? Will it have unique features?

One thing they could do to make it harder would be to not allow you to access the food menu while you're in combat. Or make it so that the world around doesn't freeze when you open the food menu, so enemies can still attack. Either one of those changes would make a HUGE difference to the combat difficulty, which already appears to be harder than any previous 3d Zelda title.

Heh, so it looks like fairies in a bottle aren't going to be much help this time around... that's good though! I've found the game becomes too easy with those... I've even tried to do 1 bottle/fairy playthroughs of some 3D and 2D titles, and any of them where you can bottle a fairy become pretty much easy, even with just 1 at your disposal. I know there's 3 heart challenges and all that, Hard Modes have no hearts for recovery/etc, but it'd be nice to see a Zelda title where your survival wasn't always determined by how many pixies you had in captivity. Having to scrounge and sneak around for food is definitely going to be a welcome addition to the series. I can't wait :D Exploring a wide open Zelda world with NO ****ING CLUE where to start out in, ahhhhh... it's like how it felt playing LoZ for the first time all over again but on a super-massive scale :D

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
The thing is, we can't really be sure that dlc hard mode is the normal hard mode. It could be that this hard mode is dark souls mode. And that'd be terrifying. I've seen a joke post that this game is already hard mode abd the dlc difficulty is dark souls level.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
None of these games are dork solz hard, which is a good thing. Throwing a ****load of infinite tracking, faster-than-game-engine moving enemies at a player with a very limited weapon pool isn't difficulty; it's tedium.

That being said, BOTW looks like a lot of enemies have super armor in the base game (they do not flinch when attacked). Hero Mode is prolly gonna be the standard muh 2x damage or whatever bull**** Nintendo has prepared, and this DLC Hard Mode will probably be 4x let's be real. a second quest tier "hard mode" is absolutely out of the question, prove me wrong Nintendo.

Then i'll never be able to do it.
Sure you will if you get the game and the DLC. The Zelda 1 and Ocarina 2nd Quests were not that hard. Once you've beaten the 1st game, you're skilled up enough to be able to beat the 2nd quest.
The Zelda 1 2nd quest was slightly harder because it had new features - red and blue ghosts, one way walk through walls and money or your life rooms.

Sure you will if you get the game and the DLC. The Zelda 1 and Ocarina 2nd Quests were not that hard. Once you've beaten the 1st game, you're skilled up enough to be able to beat the 2nd quest.
The Zelda 1 2nd quest was slightly harder because it had new features - red and blue ghosts, one way walk through walls and money or your life rooms.

Yeah, but ive never been able to complete the OoT Master Quest. Though if i love BoTW as much as i think i will then i'll probably enjoy a remixed playthrough.

Scribear

Your Best Friend (rupee free)
What if:

It is like Loz second quest game where the dungeons are all moved around? So instead of the flying airship being in the sky it is crashed on the ground somewhere? And the camel dungeon actually flies? Hah. That would be interesting twist. That tacked on with Master Quest. :thumbs_up:

I'm thinking it might be customisable... allowing you to turn different restrictions on and off, so you can have as much or as little of a challenge as you want... should make it great for challenge videos/streams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom