• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda How Do You Usually Call 'your' Link?

For me, the game isn't about me becoming the hero. I like the story. I tend to see video games as interactive movies so I keep the names at their defaults.

That's also why I don't feel bad using walkthroughs to make sure I get 100% completion.

Most of the time name it "Link" But I also use (insert my real name here) or my little cousin chooses a name... Which is usually like "poo." Or I name Him "Rusty" when ever I play through a Zelda game for the first time.

Beeker

Wild Card
Most of the time now I do Link. Before I'd also use my name/nickname. And if I'm feeling extra sassy, I'll do some sort of stupid name to make the dialogue sound funny. One time me and my sis named Link in TP 'dat boy', so it worked really good when someone would call out or mention him. xD

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
Maybe one day I'll name him something silly, but I'm such a boring traditionalist that it would probably drive me nuts to keep seeing the wrong name. Maybe I'll make two save files......

Besides, doesn't it seem odd that the hero is always named Link when it is very rare that a game even remembers there was a previous hero named that? I know he's the same guy reincarnated whenever there is trouble but it seems like impossible coincidence that he is ALWAYS named Link. I get kids in WW getting dressed up in green because they remembered the hero, but if they knew Link's name wouldn't more kids have that name? Just a thought.

I've had several names for link, and I rotate through them when I get bored XD
Here:
Link
LiNK
Power
Shmad

I've been calling him "Shmad" a lot recently, since that's one of my nicknames, but I might go back to "LiNK" (I liked the I being lowercase because it was different)

Went with the name "I'm high" on Majora's Mask, for some absolutely hilarious bits of dialogue. The Banker lady's response was always good for a chuckle, "let me take a look at you...Wait, I remember... I'm high!"

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Either Link or something stupid, never anything else, although I did once call him AAAAAAAAAAAAAA by mistake and just went through the game anyway. I did like Zero Punctuation's suggestion of "**** me". I giggled throughout the entire game a lot more than I should have at how well that name fit into conversation. "You are the Hero of Time, **** me!"

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Usually on the first run I go with my own name, mainly so I can differentiate between my file and other family members. The second time around I may stick with Link, or if I am really familiar with the dialogue, I may change the name to something ridiculous to have a good laugh. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom