• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Do You Show Off Your Love For The Zelda Series?

CyborgElfStephanie

Just a loser loving Legend of Zelda and anime
I have a lot of Zelda stuffs including shirts and still collecting. I also draw stuffs, I used to do a lot of Zelda drawings back in high school and I could sing the theme songs and not to mention playing the games

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
How Do You Show Off Your Love For The Zelda Series?
By forcibly installing Zelda roms in my friends' pc :devil: . Jk

I have two Zelda tshirts which I got as a gift and I draw occasionally. I really wanna share Zelda memes on ig stories but I don't generally.

Like most of the people in this thread, I have a handful of Zelda shirts that are in rotation of regular wear. I also have a Zelda wallet and my lanyards also have Zelda designs. Sometimes my desktop wallpaper is also Zelda related, but it hasn't been in a couple years.

I remember one time after paying for something when I was out with my sister, I told her how dumb I must have looked to the cashier to already be wearing a Zelda shirt and then pull out my Zelda wallet, and she simply replied with "Why is that any different than me wearing track & field shirts because I run track?" And to be honest, she has a point. She has so many shirts she's gotten from various meets she's attended and she still wears them. We just wear our interests to express ourselves and it's not something to be ashamed of.
These days videogames are more like anime or Marvel/DC passions. They're more mainstream than back in the 90s; I mean, I see shirts with Toad, Princess Peach, and Mario characters at Walmart now. I don't like the term "geek" or "nerd" to describe someone who likes games, anime, or some other work of art. The terms are so vague, can be applied to anything, and don't really make sense if you think about it.
Anyway, yeah, there's nothing to be ashamed about wearing a picture of Link or the Triforce on your T-shirt.

Well, I'd say the best way would be making quality fanart/fanworks in dedication to the franchise's stories and characters. While respecting the characters, of course.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Anyone who knows me irl knows I'm obsessed with zelda. I bring it up in almost every conversation. As far as merch goes, I own multiple zelda t-shirts. I also frequently swap out zelda pins on my jacket, I have triforce and aoc keychains on my purse, and a hylian crest necklace I wear rather frequently. I am a walking zelda advertisement. If someone were to walk into my room, the first thing they'd see is a giant Link's Awakening poster I got from a Gamestop after the remake came out and they were done having it hanging in their window as advertising. I also do fanarts on occasion.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I have two t shirts
https://images.app.goo.gl/BJqr43obzD11YtRT8
This one but slight gray and one with botw Zelda.
Screenshot-20221006-012630-One-UI-Home.jpg

I have a story to tell.
Years back, I was completely obsessed with Skyward Sword lmao. It was a physics class and there was this classmate sitting beside me completely minding his own business. I was like "Yo, wanna hear a story?" and he nodded. I started narrating the entire SS story right when I was near the first imprisoned battle, the teacher finally detected us. I immediately made the :senpaipls: face and I was also the teacher's pet since I do physics well. The teacher made him stand out and not me, made me stand up and told me not to talk to that guy anymore and that he'll spoil me if I did and told me to sit down. We looked at each other and tried to control our laughter for the rest of the class since we both knew who should've stood outside and who should've been inside

images.jpeg-6.jpg

I got a few Zelda keychains, as well as a Zelda wallet. Those are things I always take with me when I go out.
I also have a few shirts, as well and some figurines. Been thinking about getting a Triforce decal for my car!

Oh, and I have a Link hat! I actually wear it outside when the weather gets cold, which isn't very often where I am (but I still get to wear it every now and then).

As far as merchandise, I don’t really have much, especially when I was younger because I would have been made fun of in school for liking a nintendo game and wearing a Zelda shirt or merchandise or whatever.

NastyLesley

Goth catboy thingy
To show my appreciation for the Zelda series I post on the ZeldaDungeon forums.
Jokes aside though, I don't really do much to broadcast my love of the series. I don't wear any merch (or really own any merch for that matter).
I play the ocarina outside sometimes when the weather permits it. A few years back I was using the dating website POF and I made mention of my love for the Zelda series on my profile. (And yes, this tactic worked.)

NastyLesley

Goth catboy thingy
Hey, that's a pretty cool one!
Thank you! I also play it at conventions whenever I can go. I remember one time there was a lady holding a seminar on ocarinas at a convention and while everybody was waiting for it to start, I was playing away on one of my ocarinas. The lady who was hosting the seminar asked me if I'd do a demonstration at the seminar, which of course I did. She gave me one of her ocarinas as a reward. It was like completing an IRL sidequest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom