• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Do You Play Pokemon?

I go pretty slow, I'm an idiot who tries to make sure all the pokemon I'm keeping are very close to each others levels. I only catch what I like and I'm really close to beating Leaf Green & Black2

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
I go pretty slow, I'm an idiot who tries to make sure all the pokemon I'm keeping are very close to each others levels. I only catch what I like and I'm really close to beating Leaf Green & Black2
That's not idiotic- that's smart.
That's what I do, because I like to be able to be prepared for what ever comes next.
If my Grass type was out front, much MUCH stronger than say- the only Fire-type I have in my party [being under-leveled], that'd be really bad if that was the only one I could use against my opponent.

Like- say I have a bunch of 20s-30s (and they weren't the same number), and my fire-guy was 19,20, or something, and I was facing a lv 35-38 Ice-user, and my Grass-type was the strongest at say- 35, I'd be in no good condition. Now- If all my Pokemon were around the same level- (30s) Then I'd be okay.

So, no, you're not an idiot. You're smart for taking it slow and steady leveling.
Slow and steady grants you the Hall-of-Fame title. And it allows you to take time enjoying the game, without it going by too fast.
Ever here of the phrase "stop and sniff the roses"? There's a reason that saying was made. :)

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Though- additionally- I must add that taking it slow and/or keeping my Pokemon at the same levels is something I LIKE to do, but it doesn't always end up that way. :/

Like right now- I have most of my Pokemon in OR around the 40s, but I have a few that are over-leveled. I can't help it, because I refuse to turn off the EXP-share. I love how it works now. And, I'm stubborn. :I

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I play at my own pace. I use pokemon I find aesthetically appealing while trying to have balanced types. I only use attack moves and pretty much disregard every single status move in existence. I am probably one of the least competitive people ever.

That's not idiotic- that's smart.
That's what I do, because I like to be able to be prepared for what ever comes next.
If my Grass type was out front, much MUCH stronger than say- the only Fire-type I have in my party [being under-leveled], that'd be really bad if that was the only one I could use against my opponent.

Like- say I have a bunch of 20s-30s (and they weren't the same number), and my fire-guy was 19,20, or something, and I was facing a lv 35-38 Ice-user, and my Grass-type was the strongest at say- 35, I'd be in no good condition. Now- If all my Pokemon were around the same level- (30s) Then I'd be okay.

So, no, you're not an idiot. You're smart for taking it slow and steady leveling.
Slow and steady grants you the Hall-of-Fame title. And it allows you to take time enjoying the game, without it going by too fast.
Ever here of the phrase "stop and sniff the roses"? There's a reason that saying was made. :)

Ok so idiot was a strong word but it does get awfully frustrating keeping them together level wise. ^_^' sometimes. especially when the daycare is end of game only...boo.

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
I try to catch everthing and I mess around with berries. I don't know why berries but i like growing berries. 999 oran berries ftw.

hero_of_hearts

Come at me, broseidon
I get a Bulbasaur, a rampage across everything in my path fighting every wild pokemon, trainer, grinding leveling up then my Ivysaur stomps poor ol Brock. From there I catch a few pokemon purely for specific gyms level them up always trying to stay at least 5-7 levels higher than I need tobe I am vicious and destroy everything can't even remember when I bought a pokeball last the first five normally do for me. Magikarp is a must because of,gyrados. But yeah thats my traditional methods eventually I get to a point where I cant catch pokemon cause one hit kos. Occasionally i do a completionist playthrough. And usually play firered

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I'm not a very competitive player. In fact, I'm not competitive at all. I play to have fun, and catch the Pokemon I like and make teams with my favorites. I like to keep them around the same level, but I also like to have a few weaker/stronger Pokemon. I also try to keep a variety of different types in my party. ^^

Reactions: Pen

Pen

The game is on!
I'm not the most competitive. I guess I know my fair share about competitive play, but I've never really gotten into it even though I've given it a try. I love doing the different little twists on the games while playing them such as Nuzlocke or Wonderlocke. I think those are some really cool ways to raise the difficulty and intensity levels of the otherwise pretty calm low-risk games. ^^

Cross

For rent
During the storyline I like to play through it and explore as much as possible (I don't really trade, grind, etc... and try to avoid trainers as much as possible), but during the post game I like to collect, trade, and fight a few friends over wi-fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom