• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Do You Play Pokemon?

hylianordonlink

The Hero Of Ordon
Do you rush through to start breeding and playing competitively? Do you take your time and do everything nice and slow? Or do you plan everything out ahead of time and try to get an amazing team perfect for wrecking everyone? Or do you grind to be over leveled AND DEMOLISH ALL WHO STAND IN YOUR PATH MWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

But really. the name implies it all. I like to go slow and enjoy the game my first play through, but afterwards I just plan out a team and play at an average pace.

How do you play?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
My Team generally has my starter and first major legend in it i then proceed to destroy all in the game i don't do competitive i do however go hunting all TM's & HMs

I usually start of slow and speed up after half the game is finished. Which often leaves me very under leveled. I remember when I beat Lance for the second time in Heartgold and I was 20 levels beneath his pokemon. Thankfully all his pokemon have 4x weakness so I was still able to beat him but that was probably the hardest npc battle I ever had.

Sheik

:the:
I'm not much into the competitive scene. I don't spend hours endeavoring to fill my Pokedex to the brim, or train all of my Pokemon to Lv. 100. I just kinda play through the games from the start to beating the Champion + post game. I take it slow and build up a team throughout the course of the game. If I feel like it, I'll transfer the Pokemon I catch in that save file to future games/Pokemon Bank, but I'll probably just wipe the entire file to start anew.

Last edited:

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
When I first play, I usually just go straight through the game. I don't rush, however I'll only catch Pokemon I need for something or I'm planning to use. After I get done, I'll just explore and such. I never go for catching all the Pokemon, and I'm not super into competitive; mainly because I get bored easily. If I do play competitive, I use Pokemon showdown.

I usually train my pokemon to at least the levels of the gym leaders as I progress through the game.My starter being my highest level.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I catch super weak pokemon early on and only used starter so that I have one level 58 pokemon and give level 2s.

I'm not that great at pokemon.

octorok74

TETTAC
I go slow. My stater is always highest level, so I train them. Then I switch to another pokemon to train. I like to get my entire team a fair bit higher leveled then the gym leaders that way I stand a chance.

Wilton

Hello world!
Wilton preferes taking it slow. Battling every trainer in every route. And while exploring an area, Wilton always tries to take the wrong path first if there are several ways to go, in order not to miss anything. Anyway, Wilton is always noticeably higher leveled than the opponents in the game as not to get any game overs.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
I train like hell to make the levels of my Pokémon way higher than anything I'd have to face in the game. Also I catch every Pokémon I don't have yet and try to make each one of them as strong as I can. It takes a very long time but I can have the fully-evolved forms of most Pokémon in the game by the time I decide to move to a different game. But for Diamond version (and not Pearl) I used an action replay and cheated. :rolleyes:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
My starter is generally Chikorita, which I power level to 16-18 in the very first area, then I plow through the gyms until the gyms start to catch up to my Meganium's level (I'm usually at Meganium by the third gym). After that, I find and catch a Pidgey/Pidgeotto, and I use that team duo to crush my competition up until the sixth or seventh gym. When THAT time comes, I find and catch a Ditto, and I powerlevel my Pidgeotto for a while while mating Ditto with Meganium, producing more Chikoritas. At THAT time, I take them through the eighth dungeons to relish in my victories, and I also crush the Elite Four with a team of 4x Meganium and a Pidgeotto or Pidgeot if I'm lucky.

THEN I find the legendaries, capture a few, and crush the big boss or Red or whomever it is waiting ont he other side.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
This is one series I'm not completionist in. I grind up my nostalgia Pokemon (starter, first-route Pokemon, first-eggs, and the like) and kill everything with so-called "weak" Pokemon.
I've so been Nuzloking a lot lately. Lots of fun and can work with my play style.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
I play for fun. I play at my own pace, and I do take some time to grind.
To put it simply, I play for fun, with a little strategy and strength- but I find the strategy part of it, as the reason I find it fun.

To me, Pokemon isn't as fun as it could be, without using at least a little strategy.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I just play the games to enjoy the experience that they offer. That means progressing through the story, building up a solid team in the process, defeating the Elite Four, and then completing the post-game stuff. I generally try to get all the legendaries, but I don't really care much for completing the Pokedex. Competitive battling is cool, but I only do that in one game. I have a competitive file on one Pokemon game, the rest from that gen just get delted and I start anew to get the experience of playing through the game again. And I do it at my own pace. I don't rush through the games, I take my time and enjoy them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom