• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Do You Feel About the Wii U

Shadow Lord

Pinky Pie the Gypsy Bard!
I feel that tablet controls could be tweaked a little but I think this will be japans next big thing

Here's what I think. Everything will turn out just like the Wii. What I mean is that it will probably be a pretty popular system, both with casual and hardcore gamers. Then Microsoft and Sony will eventually try to copy the giant touch screen kind of controller. I personally think that the Wii U will be awesome.

Farore

Goddess of Courage
To be honest, I'm not yet sold on the whole WiiU handheld/screen controller (or whatever it is). I've seen gameplay on it and to me it feels as if Nintendo is really desperate to get SOMETHING sold (since the 3DS didn't go as planned), but that's exactly what all other companies try to do. I feel as if this system isn't going to last long and that it is going to be a bust. Then again, people always go back on their word once they've had the chance to 'try out' whatever it is they spoke negatively of.
For now, I don't like the idea and I highly doubt I am going to buy it....unless they release a new Zelda game for it.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
Nintendo honestly seems to be struggling a bit...the Wii isn't doing so hot, they're losing the hardcore gamers with lack of hardcore games, and the Wii U does seem desperate. (Nice, Farore!) The touch screen/tablet's a really good idea, but if the software's not there, then they have NOTHING. It's pathetic it's taken so long for good games to start coming for the 3DS. I got mine the day it came out and I currently have 3 3DS games. o_O Either Nintendo should've sped up the design process or delayed the release of the 3DS because, still, no Mario/main Nintendo franchise games yet except for remakes??? Bad, bad news for the Big N. I love Nintendo and I only own Nintendo consoles, but they've got to step it up. I'm a fangirl, but I'm not a blind fangirl.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I really don't like the concept of the huge freaking controller. It's gimmicky. It doesn't seem natural. It looks like an Apple iPad.

But, dislikes can turn into huge likes, as seen in...basically everything that exists. I hope that the Wii U is more powerful than the PS3 yet still providing the same Nintendo quality. I'm sure we'll be getting great 3rd party suport, after the 6ish year drought of the Wii.

I will buy it... and I will love it.. but am betting on it not doing as well as the Wii... because the casual gamers and the Non-Gamers (people who saw all those ads with old people playing) that bought the Wii are still going to have their Wii and have figured out by now that they are indeed NOT gamers and they are perfectly fine passing on the Wii U.

I think it will be a nice system.. but I think the "hardcore" gamers will still prefer their PS3s and 360s and when Sony and Microsoft roll out their next gen systems those gamers will buy those.

I think it'll do fine. Worst case scenario they only sell 25 million systems. And the controller will probally be comfortable, Why would they make it if it wasn't. I'll certainly buy one for nintendo first parties and build a gaming pc for everything else.

Conor

the over analysing guy
I have no strong feelings one way or another, chances are i'm going to buy it as I'm generally a sucker for nintendo stuff

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
5 Years later and We have Playstation Touch. Just like Playstation Move. Why? They are uninventive, and totally sucked when it got to PS3.

But anyway, I am really going to like this. Touch and Waggle, nice combo. I will be using the drawing app often, and any little apps that appeal to me. (Apps as in Wii UWare) The games are going to be interesting, Aswell as being able to play Mario and other games.

I just hope I grow enough so I can be comfortable, but they are 17.5 cm, so they should fit well.

For the games? Please put on PORTAL and add in some interesting mechanics with the New Zelda. (Binoculars/Telescope, Bow, etc)

Overall, with me being a hardcore (I don't play XBOX 360 that much, and when I do, it's for Kinect or for the upcoming game, Sonic Gens) Nintendo Fan and this will make me even more hyped.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Lets see, we have motion controls, classic controls and a tablet. Not to mention nintendo is going HD.

Now if only nintendo gets more 3th party support then i'm happy. I get the feeling will definitly come when wii u comes out. Not to mention nintendo admitted this and said they are willing to bring more 3th party games to the console.

On negative point of the wii u for me, that would be the slide analog stick. I prefer the normal analog stick

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I don't really like it. The one thing Nintendo should be doing is the one thing it is not doing with the Wii U. Getting third party support. Whether Nintendo fans like it or not, most gamers prefer traditional controls over motion controls. Third party developers like them too because they're easier to work with. Sony and Microsoft are going to keep doing what gamers want. And that's to have practical, easy to use controls that are not overflowing with gimmicks that take away from their practicality. Nintendo on the other hand, continues to be obsessed with gimmicks. Third parties DO NOT LIKE THAT. It makes it much more expensive to make a game and port it to all three systems, which most third parties want to do. It's also not as cheap or easy to make a game for the Wii. They can't with Nintendo because of the very different and gimmicky controls, the reduced power of the system, and the policies Nintendo has with third parties. All of them are why the Wii had such a weak lineup of third party games. It's why I don't think the Wii U will be any better. Nintendo keeps on trying to be different for the sake of it with an extreme over-reliance on gimmicks. With no regard as to how it affects relationships with third party developers or to what most gamers want in a system.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
No offense, but Third Party games stink. Anubis 2, Ninja Bread Man, Call of Duty, etc. No first party game has failed to impress me.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
3rd party games aren't all bad. You're just not choosing the right ones. Resident Evil, CoD, Megaman, Star Ocean, Final Fantasy...I could go on. Several 3rd party series are great, make a LOT of money which denotes their success. Granted, you may not LIKE those games, but that in no way means all 3rd party-ers are bad.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
I know, but I am pointing that out to Nintendo. Then again, it's about 20 companies vs 1 there. And I haven't played many games in those series, some not at all, but I am just saying.

And I hope for a Portal 3 on Wii U.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom