• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Did You Like the Harp?

L

linkswagmaster

Was it a good concept? How could it have been better? Do you think they should have made it more like playing the ocarina in OoT or MM or some of the other games with a musical instruments? :hmm::eek:carina:

Let me put it this way.....I didn't think that instruments in a Zelda game could get worse than the howling in TP. Did Nintendo ever prove me wrong.

In all seriousness it was really hard at first but I eventually gat the hang of it. That still doesn't fix the fact that it is unenjoyable and you strum the same for every song rather than play specific notes to form a song. It's just......weird.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I hated it. I thought it was terrible. The worst instrument in any 3D title.It made the wolf howling look amazing in comparison.
I liked having to actually play the melodies in OOT by pressing the correct buttons, not just wave my arm back and fourth.

I can't say it was my favorite playable instrument in the Zeldas. It by itself is a beautiful instrument, and I was excited to get an oppurtunity to play it, but was disappointed when I couldn't go beyond just strumming all the strings. For instance, if I wanted to play my own songs (like in OoT) I couldn't :( Link is sad;)

Too hard to use and also boring to play, can't even do a simple melody, it's just: "gi-gling gi-gling rrriigling-gling" (that's actually the best song I made :eek:carina:

Not a fan. It wasn't fun, just moving your arm to a rhythm, if you could call it that. I'd rather not have an instrument than have the harp, to be honest. I'm just not a fan of instruments in Zelda games, especially the Wind Waker.

MW7

I didn't like it much and preferred every other instrument to ever be in a Zelda game. I didn't think it was awful though, just not as enjoyable as other instruments.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I like the instruments in Zelda, the harp especially.
I thought the harp had a significant purpose, if it wasn't obvious.
I don't think it could have been better, especially with the Wii Motion+ controls.
And no, Skyward Sword's mechanic's with the harp were just fine.

The harp was probably among my least favorite instruments. The inability to play individual notes was bothersome and the harp had such limited use. But the instant access button and ability to unlock simple gates and such with it was useful. My favorite thing otherwise was its historical significance b/c of Ocarina of Time

The harp isn't as memorable as the Ocarina, but it is better than the Wind Waker. I didn't have a hard time with it at all, but it didn't feel special. On a positive note, the songs were catchy.

Yeah... The harp was probably the main negative for me that occurred in Skyward Sword. It had so much potential!

Not to mention, I really missed the song-related puzzles that existed in Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Wind Waker. Overall a really disappointing change, I think.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom