• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How did you first experience zelda for the first time and what was it like

Did you like your first zelda game?

• Yes

Votes: 26 89.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

pkfroce

Skelepuns
My first experience with Zelda was when my dad used to play the games. I'd always watch him and I'd just be so into it like, "WHOA HE HAS A SWORD? LOOK A GIANT SPIDER THING OMG DAD KILL IT. DAD YOU DIED WHAT HAPPENED?" I used to watch him play Ocarina of Time, Majoras Mask, the oracle games, and the original. However, my first Zelda game that I played was Wind Waker and BAM I was a fan since then.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
when my brother got his ps2,he pretty much gave me his gamecube games [plus his own gamecube stopped working]
which was wind waker and mario sunshine.... and some other i can't recall;i was like in 2nd grade

played nearly every zelda game since,yet wind waker still remains my favorite

...ok,i have no idea how i did that,nor do i know how to get rid of it

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I'm pretty sure it was when my friend was a huge Nintendo fan back in the day. I used to watch him play the likes of Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and The Wind Waker. It wasn't until I seen Twilight Princess in a Nintendo magazine though, that I really got into the series. I think I started with Phantom Hourglass, which I did actually enjoy because it was my first hands on experience with the series (looking back it isn't all that great now). Then I got a Wii and finally played TP and I was hooked.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I used to trade games with the kids in the neighbourhood, and when I was 14 and saved up and bought my N64 one of the other kids had Ocarina of Time. He quickly showed me the ropes around Kokiri Village, and then lent the game to me for a while. I got hooked and bought my own copy when I got the chance. I didn't know it was a series until I stumbled upon Majora's Mask in the store. I was one of the people who skipped the GC era because of WW's graphics (I've since learned just how great it is and it's become one of my fave 3), and I got back into the Zelda game with TP and after I bought a 3DS because of OoT3D I started exploring all the other Zelda games I could get my hands on.

Mange

Bitte benutzen Sie Google Übersetzer
My first Zelda game was OoT and I'm honest: I did not really like it, but I didn't hate it neither.
I just didn't know what this game was all about, I ran around in the Deku Tree and just didn't know what to do xD
I played the game now and then and progressed slowly. A half year later I watched a german Zelda LP of Majora's Mask
and my interest in Zelda was reawaked so I acted it out quickly, bought Majoras Mask and became a Zelda fan ^^

I never had an NES, SNES, or other system. I was able to purchase a PSX when I got a summer job before college. Later my brother had an Xbox which I purchased games for, so I eventually got an Xbox 360.

My husband (then fiancée) introduced me to Zelda after noticing similarities in the game Kameo: Elements of Power. (Actually, that game takes a friendly shot or two at LoZ.) I played through Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Wind Waker. We eventually got a Wii, and a some DSes.

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
It was Twilight Princess for the Wii. It reminded me of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, especially the Hobbit game we had for the Game Cube. I couldn't get very far, but I remember admiring the games art style. It was also my sister's game, so I remember asking her to play, and then seeing her get to the wolf part, and being kind of frustrated that I didn't know how to get to that part.

My first Zelda experience was Ocarina of Time a little over a year ago. I found the puzzles to be counter-intuitive and kind of disliked it. Then I played Majora's Mask and thought it was okay, but still suffered from a lack of direction. My thoughts on Zelda as a series were pretty tainted until I played ALttP and LOVED it. The GameCube Zeldas were also pretty fun.

Hylian.Smitty

Defender of SS
For me it was watching my older brother play OoT on his N64 and he wouldn't let me touch it but then he went to college I couldn't get enough of it.

Cross

For rent
Getting Phantom Hourglass when on my 8th birthday(It had only been out for a few months), after that I found this site and started trying to play/own all the others.

In summer 2014, I was in the middle of an ARCHITECTURE class. (Don't judge, it was actually a great class) There were two kids, a guy and a girl, discussing video games. (I can't remember the conversation, it reached LoZ at some point) My brother and I said we had never played any Legend of Zelda game before, and they both seemed shocked. They discussed Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, and how cool they were. The girl said that in Twilight Princess, in practically every corner she turned she was frightened in the best way. As a side note, I knew of Zelda by now, I was just never interested. My bro and I went home, noticed we had extra money on our Wii U, and he decided to buy Minish Cap. I don't know why Minish Cap, but that was my first Zelda. I liked it okay. I got stuck at the Fortress of Winds, now my least favorite dungeon ever. My interest never went anywhere, until in October my step-dad bought us Twilight Princess as a gift. (I dunno why, but I won't complain) I loved it, and got Ocarina of Time on my 3DS for Christmas while my brother got Link Between Worlds. And now I've played the 12 Zeldas i've managed to access, and I'm kind of a fanboy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom